ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Recording "I Wanna Be Your Man" - De Lane Lee Studios, London 7th October 1963
© Gus Coral
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: NFL (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
01-22-04 02:39 PM
Some Guy Poplar I know you must be excited. I have been to Charlotte twice to see the Stones, nice place. The city must be getting all crunk up in there!
01-22-04 03:43 PM
glencar Only to be disappointed when the annoying Patties crush them in Houston.
01-22-04 04:11 PM
Poplar
Oh yeah Some Guy! lots of fun. To be honest - i don't mind the Patriots. They're a hard team to hate (unlike our latest victim.. who doesn't enjoy whipping the Eagles) Like i said, the Pats are a good team. But not necessarily the better team. we'll see. big pep rally tomorrow at the square. i'm off, so i'll probably be wasted, jaming to some Stones in the hours before.

So i guess you came for Ericsson Stadium (bridges) and the Colisem (Security). Both good shows. I think the Stadium show was killer. Maybe the best show i've ever seen any band play in a place that big. I live about five blocks from it. btw, it's now officially Bank of America Stadium. surprise.
01-22-04 04:13 PM
glencar The best arena name is Philly's FUC!
01-22-04 04:21 PM
Poplar
Ah yes - the F.U. Center. Another building proudly wearing the name of a Charlotte-based bank.

go carolina

01-22-04 04:38 PM
Nellcote And the annoyance of the Patriots is?
01-22-04 05:25 PM
Some Guy Poplar that was the shows that I went to, good times damn good times. Don't remember the ride down 85 back to Atl.

Go Panthers!
Gotta root for tha dirty South!!
[Edited by Some Guy]
01-23-04 07:06 PM
Some Guy Panther fans were talking smack on ESPN
represent
01-23-04 09:34 PM
LadyJane Let's just hope for a GOOD, close game!!

And why can't they cancel that stupid halftime nonsense!!?

And why can't the game be played in the elements...REAL weather...?

And why I am going on about this?

LJ.

01-24-04 01:08 AM
Maxmeister
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Let's just hope for a GOOD, close game!!

And why can't they cancel that stupid halftime nonsense!!?

And why can't the game be played in the elements...REAL weather...?

And why I am going on about this?

LJ.

Every year we wish for a good close game and once in a great while it actually happens. The hpe rarely matches the reality.

As far as the weather, the roof will be open[with exception of Aerosmith pregame] unless rain threatens or it's unusually cold.[NFL controls this] Our local forecast 9 days out calls for upper 50s and overcast with a 20-30% chance of rain. Most importantly the week leading up to the game is supposed to be in the 60's. This will be great for the street parties thurs., fri. and sat. Priorities don't you know. I plan to indulge fri. and sat. as long as there's an ample amount of Heineken available. It seems I'll be in the company of over 100,000 downtown on sat.

Just lead me to beer tent, Ronnie!

Rick

01-25-04 09:05 AM
Some Guy Let the hype begin
01-26-04 10:02 AM
Poplar LJ - seems to me you're just discovering your deep passion for the Panthers. On behalf of everyone in charlotte, we're happy to have you on board.

go panthers!
01-26-04 10:14 AM
LadyJane Well...as someone whose hometown team made it to the big Show 4 years straight and NEVER won...I always like to see a newbie team win.

I just want a good, close game, though!!

LJ.
01-26-04 02:59 PM
Some Guy Who will be the home team?
My party plans are coming together nicely
01-26-04 08:31 PM
littleredrooster If the Bucs wore red last year, AFC is 'home', then PATS in blue.
01-26-04 08:33 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
littleredrooster wrote:
If the Bucs wore red last year, AFC is 'home', then PATS in blue.

which is what they wore when they spanked the Lambs
01-27-04 11:52 AM
Poplar
yep - Pats in blue, Cats in white.

thank god - our record is much better in the white unis. they look better too.

"burn a candle faw ya."
01-27-04 12:37 PM
Some Guy I saw on ESPN that a guy in Charlotte bet $100.00 that panthers would win super bowl before season started in Vegas. He could get ten grand.
01-27-04 02:10 PM
Poplar
yep - that guy will be tuning in on sunday.
my brother and i put $ on the cats at the start of the playoffs. sorry to say our payoff would not be $10,000.

but hell - i'll only need a few hundred bucks to party if we win sunday. in fact - i might just start buying beer today. stock up for several days, in case of a Panther win.

Geaux Jake
01-27-04 02:45 PM
Some Guy It could happen. I think it'll be a good game.
01-28-04 12:27 AM
Maxmeister
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Let the hype begin

You haven't seen or heard Super Bowl hype until you see and hear it within the host city. It's been building for weeks but the last 2-3 and of course this week is unbelievable.
Reading USA Today or national mags. still doesn't give the full impression of what goes on. Not counting the thousands of press, football officials etc., there will be over twice the amount of people arriving here this week than can go to the game. The action and especially the private action aka parties is something else. Unfortunately I could not get in to Maxim's, Playboys, Sports Illustrated's or a host of other decadent parties.[lol] I'll just have to make do with cruising my favorite watering holes downtown along with all the special street events available to all us peons.
The weather forecast as the week heats up is upper 50s wed, 60s thurs with a little rain, 60s and sunny fri., upper 60s and partly sunny sat. and a front in the area sun. with 60s and maybe some rain but the timing is still up in the air. There's still a good chance the roof will be open, but that statement coming from a weather forecaster should be taken with a grain of salt.[lol]

Will the Pats cover, Ronnie?

Rick
01-28-04 12:51 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
It could happen. I think it'll be a good game.

Naw. One of those boring Superbowl games when the favourites spank the upstarts. It's not going to be a "good" game. A walkover. A pushover. I wouldn't bother to watch it.
01-28-04 05:19 PM
Some Guy TTM that is a bold statement! Thats why they play the game.
01-28-04 07:37 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
TTM that is a bold statement! Thats why they play the game.

Just kidding. I hope its a good close game. Kind of like the way a cat toys with mouse....before the inevitable. But you never know, anyhing can happen. I like the SuperBowl but I hate to see the season end.
01-28-04 08:29 PM
Some Guy It is hard to see the season end.
01-29-04 10:27 AM
glencar Carolina 38
NE 3
01-29-04 11:12 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:

Carolina 38
NE 3

Now this IS a classic example of a "troll post"...designed to get a reaction... Best left ignored...BUT on the bright side glencar must be one of his bookies favorite customers.
01-29-04 11:25 AM
glencar You know me too well. While I'm rooting for the Panthers, I don't hold out much hope.
01-29-04 03:40 PM
Some Guy The Hype has not hit me yet.
01-29-04 04:33 PM
Some Guy But I do look forward to the commercials. Maybe next year if Vick is healthy my Atl Falcons will be up in there.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

BEST VIEWED HIGH