ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Recording "I Wanna Be Your Man" - De Lane Lee Studios, London 7th October 1963
© Gus Coral
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: NFL (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
01-18-04 08:50 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Almost showtime!!! Time to shut up and let the scoreboard do the talking. Have a good day Colts boosters. (but not tooooo good, LOL)
01-18-04 10:01 AM
mac_daddy the NE line opened at -4, now it is at -3. great value

ditto with Carolina. Eagles opened as 5 point favorites; it is now down to 4. I wish I got it at 5, but I will take 4...

to recap:

NE -3
car +4
01-18-04 11:38 AM
Some Guy I'll get into the coffee, a little dro and some pregame festivities. Bring it!
01-18-04 11:41 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
and some pregame festivities.

Prayer Meeting????
01-18-04 12:41 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Prayer Meeting????

allright. simmer down now. simmer!
01-18-04 12:54 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Okay, I'll try. But there IS a Superbowl berth here hanging in the balance.
01-18-04 12:59 PM
Some Guy Micheal Irvin on ESPN, picked Eagles and Colts. He has a good track record, we'll soon see.
01-18-04 01:22 PM
littleredrooster The coconut/basil baby backs have been marinading all night!
The prawns are on full boil and headin' to the fridge to chill!
Dips and cheese await their beverages!

Let's face it folks, TODAY is SuperBowl Sunday!!
We all know that the SB usually sucks!!

May the team of your choice be victorious!

Roostah
01-18-04 01:58 PM
Some Guy From 1-2 pm I could not find anything on TV that was football related. Whats up with that? I dislike the CBS covered games as opposed to the FOX games. Two words why, Deion Sanders.
01-18-04 04:23 PM
Some Guy The Colts are sucking.
01-18-04 05:20 PM
LadyJane The Pats are kicking major ass. I'm a bit surprised at the Colts demise.

Congrats TTM and Nellcote!! Your team is Superbowl bound!!

LJ.

mac_daddy should be pretty happy too!!
01-18-04 07:46 PM
Nellcote DA DA DA DA DA DA A DA HEY!

yeah BAYBAY!!!!!!

We are goin to the Show!!!

01-19-04 09:45 AM
LadyJane What happened to the Eagles??

Pats/Panthers...My $$ is on New England.

LJ.
01-19-04 09:58 AM
Nellcote Hey LJ!

Thanks for the good tidings yesterday. At least The Bills made it to the show three times, the Eagles could not even get in the door!
01-19-04 10:20 AM
Mr. D The Eagles meltdown again in the NFC Championship game, I can't believe it. Actually, i can. Thanks Birds, for hyping the whole city up AGAIN, then blowing it on your home turf. Jesus, the way Philly is right now, i can only imagine how Buffalo was, when they dropped 4 SuperBowls in a row. I was half-expecting riots last night.
01-19-04 01:29 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Sorry, I don't feel like gloating. I just hope the Pats win the SuperBowl, but Peyton Manning is a great Q-back. I hope he gets to the SuperBowl before its over.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
01-19-04 03:49 PM
mac_daddy >>> mac_daddy should be pretty happy too!!

Thanks LJ - I am quite happy about yesterday's results...

isnt LLR a Pats fan, too?

now I have to scramble to see if we can get to Houston and watch the finale in person...
01-19-04 03:54 PM
Some Guy Can Carolina even compete with the Pats, gonna be sad.
01-19-04 03:55 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:

now I have to scramble to see if we can get to Houston and watch the finale in person...

I mean it's great to win and all that but spare me the hype. Rooster was right, the SuperBowl was yesterday. Now it's all one big television commercial.
01-19-04 04:11 PM
parmeda For Nellcote...
This is Brady's! And I'm sure he'll be sportin' another one soon

01-19-04 07:22 PM
sammy davis jr. The Panther's are gonna beat the Pat's- mark my words boys and girls.
01-20-04 11:21 AM
littleredrooster The Panthers deserve to be in the game, but the Patriots rule this one!
Their kicking game will help them prevail!
Is Bruschi's injury serious??

Stephen Davis has 2 weeks to mend his strained quad.
May this be a game that provides the fans with a show worthy of the 'Super' moniker!

Patriot Dynasty !!!
01-20-04 05:43 PM
Some Guy The TV execs must be pissed, this will be a snoozer for the non fans. Lowest rated game in history possible here. Better start the spin now!
01-20-04 05:59 PM
mac_daddy you can spin it anyway you want, but the Superbowl is still the single finest sporting event of the year, and it will be (like it always is) the most-watched sporting event of the year...

and if you like defense, you are in for a treat...

plus, any game with the Pats is good one

Superbowl XXXVIII Reliant Stadium - Houston, TX

opening lines:

ne -7

total = 37

currently...

ne -6.5
total = 38

February 1, 2004 ... gametime 6:35pm eastern
01-20-04 06:53 PM
Some Guy I say I put both my feet down and still I didn't get the point. I say the referee must have been smoking a joint.
01-20-04 08:15 PM
mac_daddy yuk...

BUSH LIKES BRADY
Tue Jan 20 2004 19:55:15 ET

New England Patriot quarterback Tom Brady will be a guest of first lady Laura Bush in the U.S. Capitol's House chamber for the president's State of the Union address.

Brady and his Patriots teammates "have made an impact in their community by hosting a sports camp for local youth," according to the White House.

Developing....

http://www.drudgereport.com/flashtb.htm
01-21-04 08:59 PM
Poplar
As a citizen of Charlotte (all my life, almost) let me say this city has never been so pumped up. Sunday night was a zoo uptown. And yes, i was cranking Stones off my porch for a solid hour. This city finally has something to cheer about in the realm of sports. Simply put - a lot of Panther pride in the Queen City right now. It's awesome.

YES - We can give the Patriots a game. And anyone who REALLY likes football should LOVE this match-up. Defense, and lots of guys who play as a team. Not some bull-shit, over-hyped superstar confrontation. Two good evenly matched teams. Notice how all those big press players (Vick, McNabb, etc.) always find themselves at home this time of year. Ought to be physical, and CLOSE! Isn't that what everyone wants?

Go Panthers!!!!
01-21-04 09:16 PM
Some Guy Yes Go Panthers!
01-21-04 09:20 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Poplar wrote:
YES - We can give the Patriots a game. And anyone who REALLY likes football should LOVE this match-up. Defense, and lots of guys who play as a team. Not some bull-shit, over-hyped superstar confrontation. Two good evenly matched teams. Notice how all those big press players (Vick, McNabb, etc.) always find themselves at home this time of year. Ought to be physical, and CLOSE! Isn't that what everyone wants?

Go Panthers!!!!

Since when did the Patriots give anyone a game? It might be physical, but it won't be close. The Pats aren't going to lose their dynasty status to those upstarts. But the bookies will win because they'll find plenty of suckers to bet on Carolina.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
01-21-04 09:36 PM
Poplar
suckers to bet on Carolina? wtf?

Those "suckers" who bet the Panthers would reach the super bowl back in September are sitting on a load of $$$ right now!!! (my brother is one) The real suckers were all those talking head experts who picked the Cowboys, then the Rams, then the Eagles... heh heh heh.

go panthers!!!! and everyone: KEEP BETTING AGAINST US! it makes winning so much more fun.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

BEST VIEWED HIGH