ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Recording "I Wanna Be Your Man" - De Lane Lee Studios, London 7th October 1963
© Gus Coral
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: NFL (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
01-11-04 11:11 AM
Some Guy I want the Colts today. But the Chiefs are cool because they always play Start Me Up before a kickoff, always.
01-11-04 02:54 PM
Mr. D Im sayin that the Colts finish off the Chiefs behind another brilliant Peyton Manning performance, only for him to meltdown against the Patriots. Then the Patriots lose to the Eagles and all is right in the world....oh yea, and the Stones put out a new album thats a classic. Then the world will be right.
01-11-04 03:35 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Mr. D wrote:
Im sayin that the Colts finish off the Chiefs behind another brilliant Peyton Manning performance, only for him to meltdown against the Patriots. Then the Patriots lose to the Eagles and all is right in the world....oh yea, and the Stones put out a new album thats a classic. Then the world will be right.

DITTO
01-11-04 04:04 PM
Some Guy We're not in Kansas anymore.
01-12-04 07:42 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Well, well, 4 more teams down. It does look from here like a Patriots-Eagles match up in Houston. Either way, Carolina or the Eagles...the Pats are unstoppable now.
01-12-04 08:41 AM
LadyJane I don't know about that, TTM.

Peyton Manning seems pretty unstoppable.

It's gonna be a great AFC Championship game!!

LJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]
01-12-04 08:49 AM
Zeeta Anyone watch the Darts last nite!?

this guy won! he is called "the viking" has a huge mullet and rocks!
V
V
V
V
V

player Info

Beer: Holsten Pils
Food: Chinese
Football: Glasgow Rangers, Millwall
Weighing in at an estimated 30 stone!

He says;

"My trainers aren't for show - I'm an athlete"

fuckin legend! LOL!

[Edited by Zeeta]
01-12-04 08:54 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Peyton Manning seems pretty unstoppable.

Yeah. He looked awfully good yesterday.. BUT deep down inside he's scared shitless by the Pats defense. He's probably whistling in the dark though now...but in his subconcious mind he's fearful and frightened. LOL. McNabb on the other hand I think is overconfident and will probably throw a couple of interceptions to the Pats, provided they get past Carolina which I think they will.

At any rate Lady Jane. You don't live too far from Toronto do you? Check out that Johnny Winter gig in February on the "attention Canadians" thread. IMO the term they throw around "Living Legend" is very applicable to this guy.

01-12-04 10:14 AM
Some Guy WOW!! Eagles-Colts!!! Packers really f-ed it up big time!
01-12-04 10:30 AM
glencar Anyone who doesn't root for the Colts is crazy.
01-12-04 10:59 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
Anyone who doesn't root for the Colts is crazy.

Well, I like Peyton Manning allright, but I'm crazy I guess. You can root for the Colts all you want but it won't change the inevitable outcome of that game. If I were a Colts fan I'd be praying rather than rooting because the only thing that will help the Colts win now is divine intervention.
01-12-04 11:19 AM
nankerphelge The Pats barely won against the Colts earlier this year. That Pats defense is great, but I wouldn't rule out Manning & Co. just yet. Their last two games were nearly flawless.

01-12-04 11:33 AM
Joey

CHIEFS SUCK !!!!!!!!

.............just ask my Baby Fiji !

Jacky Cake !
01-12-04 12:40 PM
Mr. D Yes, the Chiefs do suck. And yes, I almost had 3 heart attacks during the Eagles/Packers game. These close games are really killing me, they have to stop. Hopefully, the Eagles beat Carolina early next week so I can save my energy for the SuperBowl.
01-12-04 10:20 PM
glencar In my case, it's residual bad feeling from that whole Bosox whining bit. But really, it's not taht big a deal to me as long as there's a good game 2-1-04 & the beer flows.
01-12-04 11:06 PM
Some Guy But the Pats will have to score each and every time they get the ball, the Colts damn sure will! Eagles are in the hizzle fah schizzle my nizzle!
01-12-04 11:30 PM
Nellcote I am crazy.
I like the Pats.
Just so my memory serves me correctly...
Let's see, last game they lost was 09/24 to the Redskins
13 games ago
They beat Philly week 2
They beat Indy 11/28, holding them four times @ the one yard line from scoring in the last series of the game.
They beat Denver @ Denver
They beat Miami twice in Miami and @ home.
They beat Tennessee twice
Before realignment, they would get Indy twice yearly, beat Indy twice yearly.
Best record in the NFL this year
Patriots are 9-0 at home this year.
Belichik is NFL coach of the year, with 35 votes, the closest coach to him had seven votes.
Patriots are 4-1 in playoff games under Belichik, including a Super Bowl win.

Yep, I am crazy. I've always found it's better that way.
No star players, just a team of players, that's what the Pats are. I'll still like the Pats on Sunday. They can beat anybody.

01-13-04 08:18 AM
Some Guy Whats the weather gonna be like for the Pats/Colts??
01-13-04 08:41 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Whats the weather gonna be like for the Pats/Colts??

Theyre saying high 31 F Low 10 F on game day. 10% chance of precip. Not bad but this is NE, the forecast can change quickly, it's a bit too far away for real accuracy. But so far so good.
01-13-04 08:43 AM
Some Guy TTM thanks, gonna be a sweet weekend.
01-13-04 06:48 PM
Some Guy Get back up there
01-13-04 08:40 PM
littleredrooster The Colts are a sissy indoor, artificial turf team!
The weather in KC was too mild!
Their defense sucks!
The Colts will break a hoof and will have to be shot on the frigid New England turf!
The Hawk will make them wish that the Chiefs had beaten them last Sunday and they'll long for tropical tee times!!!

The Eagles will prevail in the NFC because Stephen Davis is lame!
Not enough time to heal a groin injury!
Sad but true, the NFC is now a walk in the park for Philly!
I can hear the tune from 'Rocky' blaring in the background!
Unless Donovan develops the 'yips' it's a Pats vs Eagles Super Bowl !

Roostah the Greek
[Edited by littleredrooster]
01-13-04 08:42 PM
Some Guy I agree. Pats/ Eagles- Eagles by 3!!
01-13-04 09:25 PM
littleredrooster The Patriots will be the favorite if they face the Eagles in the Super Bowl.

Patriots minus 3 1/2 to 4

Roostah the Greek
01-14-04 12:05 PM
mac_daddy watch out for Carolina...

westbrook was the key to beating the panthers a few weeks back (he is the screen threat that exposed the panthers' D). he is injured, so that will factor in...

philly could get complacent, and could also look past the game. panthers will be on-point...

havent looked at the line yet, but if philly is laying alot of wood, the panthers could make a solid bet...

_____

the colts are going to fold up at foxboro (although I guess it isnt called that anymore)...

_____

does anyone else think the Pats have a fan in the league office? a night game in NE (last week)..? the ne/oak game from several years ago that sent them to the super bowl..? talk about home field advantage. i love it!!!

01-14-04 03:28 PM
Some Guy Here on Atl sports radio they are talking Carolina to win in Philly. Something about the football Gods not liking Philly due to their fans. I hear they have a police station there at the field to deal with rowdies. Still gotta go with Eagles. Looks damn cold already for the Pats game. Bring it!

jb says Carolina will win it all Huge!
[Edited by Some Guy]
01-14-04 03:41 PM
mac_daddy philly eagle fans are the worst fans of any endeavour (athletic or otherwise) in the world.

They certainly top those morons that riot and maim while rooting for teams that play that "other" football...

Eagles fans are certainly more horrific than the putzes(sp) that set cars on fire when my Lakers win the championship (which they will do again this season btw)...

Eagles fans throw more batteries than the infamous "battery chucks" of San Francisco...

Eagles fans are virtually devoid of class - just ask anybody from an opposing team who has been injured whilst playing in Philly...

I still say the most obnoxious fans are 'skins fans. there is absolutely no contest.
01-14-04 03:48 PM
Some Guy Is it one game Sat and one game Sun or both on Sun. Is it one or 2 weeks between games this year for Super Bowl?
01-14-04 03:53 PM
nankerphelge As a Giants fan, the only good thing I have taken from the past few years is watching the Redskins melt down.

There is absolutely no patience displayed by either the fans or the ownership. Under Norv turner, there were years of "quaterback controversies" -- if the QB had a few bad games, OH SHIT -- don't just bench him. FIRE HIM! TRADE HIM!
Look at who played with the skins at QB over the last few years -- Brad Johnson and Trent Green. Let Stephen Davis go last year.

Now they are all rife with hardons over the return of Gibbs.

I have nothing against Gibbs.
He a damn good guy.
Under the Jack Kent Cooke Skins, he was an amazing coach!

But you wanna gauge the Redskins fans -- watch how they treat Gibbs if he doesn't turn it around immediately!

01-14-04 05:33 PM
Some Guy Hey ESPN slow down on the Patriots hype.

Thanking you in advance for your cooperation.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

BEST VIEWED HIGH