ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Recording "I Wanna Be Your Man" - De Lane Lee Studios, London 7th October 1963
© Gus Coral
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: NFL (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
12-31-03 10:43 AM
glencar Tastes great!
12-31-03 02:06 PM
Factory Girl Redskins will continue to be awful!!!
12-31-03 02:11 PM
Some Guy Green Bud
12-31-03 02:12 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Green Bud

As an Atlanta fan, I gotta say it: Wait till next year... or the year after that. Gonna be one heck of a football weekend!!

OOPS!!!
[Edited by Some Guy]
12-31-03 02:16 PM
Joey " Green Bud "

Maui Wowie

Humbolt Green Bud

Thai Sticks

Jacky

12-31-03 03:50 PM
HardKnoxDurtySox im rooting for the titans if neil odonnell (aka best qb of the 90's) plays
12-31-03 08:19 PM
mac_daddy eagles/pats superbowl

pats win!

____

oh - and my alma mater suares off against Colo St. - go Eagles!!!
01-01-04 02:42 PM
mac_daddy yeah BC!

I also wanted to add...

beware of the Broncos - Indy has their hands full this weekend.
01-04-04 06:31 PM
mac_daddy boy, was I wrong about the broncos...

but beware, indy might be firing their whole load today - I doubt they will have much left in the tank further down the road...

go Pats!
01-04-04 09:10 PM
Ten Thousand Motels [quote]mac_daddy wrote:

go Pats!

Yeah!

Patriots' Belichick named Coach of the Year

NFL.com wire reports

(Jan. 3, 2004) -- Bill Belichick owns three Super Bowl titles, and after leading the New England Patriots in his best coaching job, he was honored as The Associated Press NFL Coach of the Year.

In a year of masterful coaching throughout the league, Belichick led the Patriots to the NFL's best record, 14-2. The Patriots, fighting off injuries almost from the outset of the schedule, won their final 12 games, setting franchise records for winning streak and victories in one year.

They did so in great part because of Belichick's brilliance as a game-planner, motivator and in-game strategist.

And they did so with a variety of starting lineups, unusual for a championship-caliber team.

"We have had a number of different people," Belichick said. "It has been that kind of team.

"Again, I am not caught up on the big starter thing. ... I think all of the players have been active at one time or another. They have contributed in one way or another. So it has been a lot of different mixes through the course of the year from game-to-game, and from one part of the season, and so I guess that part of it has been maybe a trademark of this season."

Another trademark in 2003 was the strong coaching in many cities. Although seven head coaches either were fired or resigned, there was admirable work done by Marvin Lewis in Cincinnati, Bill Parcells in Dallas, Andy Reid in Philadelphia, John Fox in Carolina, Tony Dungy in Indianapolis, Brian Billick in Baltimore and Dick Vermeil in Kansas City.

Belichick, with 35½ votes from a nationwide panel of 50 sports writers and broadcasters who cover the NFL, easily beat Lewis, who received seven votes. Parcells was next at 6½ and Reid received one.

There was no indication at the beginning of the season that Belichick would be coach of the year or that the Patriots would be dominant. In a stunningly controversial move, Belichick cut starting safety Lawyer Milloy, who was picked up by Buffalo. The Bills then promptly spanked the Patriots 31-0 in the opener.

"If you had asked me at the beginning of the year, I'd say, 'Hell, no! How can you cut Lawyer Milloy?"' star cornerback Ty Law said. "But he changed my mind.

"He's done an outstanding job. In my opinion, he's coach of the year. He can get rid of me, I don't care, he's still the best coach of the year."

New England was 2-2 when it began the winning streak that carried it to the top of the standings. The Patriots have won in every manner: defensive battles, high-scoring free-for-alls, close games, routs.

At Denver, Belichick's coaching acumen was on display when he made one of the shrewdest calls of the season.

Trailing 24-23 with 2:49 remaining and New England at its 1, Belichick ordered a deliberate safety rather than punting.

Denver misplayed the ensuing free kick, and the Broncos went three and out. That gave the Patriots time to drive 58 yards, and Tom Brady threw an 18-yard touchdown pass to David Givens with 30 seconds left to win.

"He just knows pretty much everything about everybody or every position," tight end Christian Fauria said. "He knows everything about the offense. He knows everything about the defense and special teams, where a lot of coaches are either offensive-minded or defensive-minded."

Belichick's background, of course, is defense. As coordinator with the New York Giants under Parcells, he designed defenses that led to two NFL championships. One of the best jobs he did for New York came in the 1991 Super Bowl, when the Giants stymied Buffalo's prolific offense in a 20-19 victory.

After an unsuccessful first stint as a head coach in Cleveland, where he went 37-45 from 1991-95, Belichick rejoined Parcells in New England and then with the New York Jets.

When Parcells quit as coach after the 1999 season, Belichick was elevated, but he spent only one day as Jets coach before resigning, citing uncertainty in the team's ownership.

Soon after, he surfaced as coach of the Patriots, who paid the Jets compensation for Belichick. Clearly, the price was right.

Belichick is the second Patriots coach to win the award; Parcells got it in 1994.

Reid won it last year.

AP NEWS

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
01-05-04 02:27 AM
mac_daddy thanx 4 the article, 10k...

I am a Pats fan, and belicheck did a helluva job, but M Lewis is a very close second in Ciny.
01-05-04 10:12 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
thanx 4 the article, 10k...

I am a Pats fan, and belicheck did a helluva job, but M Lewis is a very close second in Ciny.

We dispose of the Titan's next weekend.
And then I would guess the Cheifs the week after and then off to the win Super Bowl. Life is good
01-06-04 02:01 PM
trevcourt I still can't believe the Packers are in the playoffs - and who says the NFL doesn't play favorites?
01-08-04 01:20 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Boy, can't let this thread die. Must be people don't have much confidence in their teams. Not that I blame 'em much.. New England is on a roll.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
01-08-04 07:05 PM
Some Guy Eagles and Green Bay gonna be a great game. I like Eagles, but damn favverra(?) is on a roll. Gonna be some shit man, gonna be some shit!
01-08-04 09:15 PM
mac_daddy I still like the Eagles to win the NFC

give my Pats more of a game than the Lams did a few years back (I was at that Super Bowl - in NOLA!!)...

_____

Coughlin will do a helluva job in NYC - watch out for the Giants because they will be back...

Did Gibbs take the 'skins job, or was that all BS and speculation..?
01-09-04 03:38 PM
Some Guy Yeah Gibbs is in, We got Jim Mora Jr gonna be intresting next year!! Busting ass now to finish house and yard work to be done by 4 pm tomorrow for a lil football. Rams win, Titans win, Colts win and Eagles win. F the fudge Packers!! Gonna be sweet this weekend, even lowered the terror alert level just for the NFL!!!
01-09-04 05:37 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
We got Jim Mora Jr gonna be intresting next year!!

the defensive coordinator of the 49ers..? where did he go? head coach somewhere..? he is way overrated, imho...

denying the Pats, eh? hope you arent putting your $$$ where your mouth is, as that is not a very safe bet. having said that, five and a half points is alot to lay to a VERY good team. I like the Pats defense to dominate...

[Edited by mac_daddy]
01-09-04 05:43 PM
mac_daddy speaking of bets...

the line:

STL -7 car
NE -5.5 ten
KC -3.5 ind
PHI -3.5 gb

____

my picks:

car +7
ne -5.5
ind +3.5
phi -3.5

____

anyone else..?
01-09-04 07:11 PM
Some Guy Jim Mora jr is the new coach of the Atlanta Falcons. Just hope Vick can stay healthy. Those picks are pretty good.
01-10-04 08:36 AM
Some Guy Lets do the damn thing.
01-10-04 09:02 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
01-10-04 08:53 PM
Some Guy Some strange shit goin down.
Carolina? Whats up wit dat?!
[Edited by Some Guy]
01-10-04 09:01 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Bye Bye Rams! See ya next year!
01-10-04 09:05 PM
LadyJane Panthers/Rams==GOOD GAME.

Missed the beginning of the Pats/Titans. How cold is it in Foxborough??? COLD weather=REAL football.

LJ.
01-10-04 09:48 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

How cold is it in Foxborough??? COLD weather=REAL football.
LJ.

Somewhere between 0-5 degrees F, I think.
01-11-04 12:52 AM
Nellcote Yes, and The 2001 Super Bowl Champions live to play another week!
Automatic Adam does the job again!
01-11-04 01:00 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Yes, and The 2001 Super Bowl Champions live to play another week!
Automatic Adam does the job again!

01-11-04 07:46 AM
Some Guy TTM, that was one hell of a kick. Too damn cold out there. As long as the fudge packers lose today!! What up wit them Rams, Nelly?
[Edited by Some Guy]
01-11-04 08:10 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

BEST VIEWED HIGH