ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Till the next time... we say goodbye
MGM Grand, Las Vegas - February 8, 2003
Background image by Li'l Red Rooooooooooooooooooooostah for Rooster Productions Lsd.

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What's Going On With The Stones? Return to archive
02-05-03 07:40 PM
Toast960 I haven't been on this board much but I'd like to know what's going on with The Stones currently. I've heard rumors on a continuation of the tour and a new album. Any truths? I hope they go on tour again. I've never seen the Stones in concert before and they're probably not going to tour that much more since they're not getting any younger. Anybody know what's going on with The Stones right now? Any and all help is well appreciated.

Rock On,
Toast960

p.s. I heard a HORRIBLE rumor that Britney Spears covered the song "Satisfaction". Please tell me that it's not true.
02-05-03 07:57 PM
Rollingstoned58 Yes, Britney did cover satisfaction.
02-05-03 08:34 PM
EthanWickedAsHeSeems And now for a useful response Toast, there are rumors that the tour will continue with more North America arena shows in early 2004, but as of now its all speculation with no word from the band, so I wouldnt bet on it yet. Concerning the new studio album, the odds are much better. Ronnie and Keith have both been documented in interviews talking about the 2002 summer sessions in which as many as 25 tracks have been basically laid down. Ronnie even said that the album could be completed on the road if necessary. I don't think we will see it before the Licks Tour ends, or in the event that the shows continue in 2004, the album would probably be released during the short break to support the tour. Otherwise, I think we will definitely see it within a few months after the tour is over. Probably early 2004.
02-05-03 11:23 PM
gypsymofo60 First off let me say before I'm accused of it, I guess I am in no position to make such assumptions but, I think you're kidding yourselves about a new Stones album. I think Bridges, as far as official studio releases was it folks. I sincerly hope I am wrong, and I am sure Woody & Keith will continue to work together, but I think this will be The Rolling Stones swan-song-40 Licks, w/ Don't Stop & the other two new tracks. I'm sure there will be the usual official 'LIVE' album, and videos to mark the tour, but sadly I think we've had the last full length album from The Glimmer Twins. But as I say, it is only my opinion, an uninformed one at that, and I hope I am wrong. But having said that, I for one wont feel sad if that turns out to be the case, after all, they have given me a lifetime of listening, reading, and emulating(trying), pleasure, and there will never be another Stones.
02-06-03 07:02 AM
corgi37 I think your wrong on this Gypsy. The band themselves have said they have new tracks on the go for a new cd. Jagger has even said on this tour when introducing Dont Stop "Here is a song from our next album". I am not sure on the dates of this tour, but if their is a bit of a break between U.S., Oz and Europe, i think some more news may flow through. But i really dont want, and will not buy, another bloody live album. Live DVD of all 3 sets? Yep, sure will, but not another live album, the world is in enough trouble without another.
02-06-03 07:39 AM
lucasd4
quote:
gypsymofo60 wrote:
First off let me say before I'm accused of it, I guess I am in no position to make such assumptions but, I think you're kidding yourselves about a new Stones album. I think Bridges, as far as official studio releases was it folks. I sincerly hope I am wrong, and I am sure Woody & Keith will continue to work together, but I think this will be The Rolling Stones swan-song-40 Licks, w/ Don't Stop & the other two new tracks. I'm sure there will be the usual official 'LIVE' album, and videos to mark the tour, but sadly I think we've had the last full length album from The Glimmer Twins. But as I say, it is only my opinion, an uninformed one at that, and I hope I am wrong. But having said that, I for one wont feel sad if that turns out to be the case, after all, they have given me a lifetime of listening, reading, and emulating(trying), pleasure, and there will never be another Stones.

You're nearly as bad as the people who've been saying they'll never tour again---for the past 25 years....The Stones will last at least one more decade, and there will be more studio albums...how dare you think otherwise
[Edited by lucasd4]
02-06-03 09:12 AM
Boomhauer I don't know about that comment Mick makes, Corgi.

When I saw them in Chicago, Mick just said "Here's a song from Forty Licks...this one's called Don't STop."

I once thought they would not release a new album, but it just seems like they will, and I believe they will.

02-06-03 09:41 AM
jb Your absolutely correct Gysymofo...we can only hope otherwise.
[Edited by jb]

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST