ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Till the next time... we say goodbye
MGM Grand, Las Vegas - February 8, 2003
Background image by Li'l Red Rooooooooooooooooooooostah for Rooster Productions Lsd.

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Karen HBO host Return to archive
02-04-03 07:01 PM
Miss U. Was she creeeeepy or what!!!
02-04-03 07:25 PM
Nellcote She was an MTV host years ago, a former Glamour Cover girl.
If I'm correct, she had some type of terminal illness, which she has been able to overcome. In review of the other pay per views that The Stones have done, which I have recently reviewed, she actually did an ok job, IMO. In '94 Cory, the fellow from Living Colour was dreadful, completely blowing off Charlie in a pre show interview, so he could hunt down Ron & Keith. Some girl in '97 was so pandering it was silly. At least this one kept it moving.
I'm sure you'll agree, no emcee is needed.

Karen Duffy

Vital Stats:
Birth Place: New York, New York
Nationality: American

Bio:
Witty, alluring performer whose offbeat charm and amiability landed her a gig as an MTV VJ. Duffy's (aka "Duff" on-air) less-than-serious approach to her job quickly made her a favorite to viewers. Unlike many of her predecessors who quickly fell into obscurity, she diversified into commercials and feature appearances. She made her feature debut playing a "Crack Den Girl" in the Christopher Walken actioner "McBain" (1991). Her subsequent feature credits include small roles in Spike Lee's "Malcolm X" (1991), "Who's the Man" (1993)--which also featured such MTV luminaries as Dennis Leary and Ed Lover--and "Reality Bites" (1994) in a cameo spoofing MTV's "The Real World".

[Edited by Nellcote]
02-04-03 07:38 PM
glencar Good points, nellcote. I thought she was wildly enthusiastic which is nice to see. It wasn't like she didn't know about the band or something.
02-04-03 10:03 PM
gypsy She had some debilitating disease...I can't remember what it was/is. She was very sick for a while there in the nineties. Maybe that's her excuse for dating Dwight Yoakam.
02-05-03 07:21 AM
Factory Girl Lol, gypsy-Dwight Yokam is creepy. Btw, Sharon Stone dated him also...go figure.
02-05-03 11:02 AM
jb Karen had a very rare and life threatening disorder and was unceremoniously dumped by many of her sponsors....I think she is quite an inspirational story and should be applauded for her courage.
02-05-03 11:25 AM
Boomhauer She was one of the henchmen on "Dumb and Dumber".
02-05-03 11:27 AM
Boomhauer Or should I say, she was a henchwoman on "Dumb and Dumber".

I gots ta be ethical!!!
02-06-03 11:12 AM
Dan She is my all-time favorite MTV VJ. I also think creepy is good sometimes.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST