ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Till the next time... we say goodbye
MGM Grand, Las Vegas - February 8, 2003
Background image by Li'l Red Rooooooooooooooooooooostah for Rooster Productions Lsd.

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Keith Interview with Q Magazine Return to archive
02-04-03 10:30 AM
Honky Tonk Man I think this is taken from this months issue. Not too sure

WHERE ARE YOU AND WHAT ARE YOU UP TO?
We�re in the Turks and Caicos Islands, slightly north east of Cuba. And Ringo Starr�s next door. So �Q�s� 200? I guess that�s a matter for congratulations. When did it first come out?

1986. WITH PAUL McCARTNEY ON THE COVER
[Long pause] What , not Ringo?

SO YOU�RE ON HOLIDAY WITH A BEATLE�..
No, we had no idea he was here, and they�re leaving today. But we�ve just had a nice after-breakfast drink.

WHO WOULD YOU MOST LIKE TO PUNCH?
Oh, I�ve done that. It was a neighbour who complained about the music. Usually people come round and ask me to turn it up, but not this time. So, it was a case of, �What you prefer � the music or one of these? Bang!�

DO YOU THINK WHAT YOU DO IS WORTHWHILE?
Absolutely!

EVER SENT A TEXT MESSAGE AND IF SO WHAT DID IT SAY?
God, no. Well, I�m on a mobile phone now and I just don�t like it. I consider �em microwave ovens, know what I mean?

WHO WOULD YOU LEAST LIKE TO SEE NAKED?
Prince Charles. [Laughs] Or Elton John.

WHAT DOES YOUR BEDROOM LOOK LIKE?
My bedroom travels with me. I have lots of drapes and beautiful oriental pieces. It takes on the tone of a harem � but without the chicks. I don�t care how luxurious a hotel suite is, until you start to flash some of your stuff around, there�s nothing personal about it. It�s a nomadic thing.

WHAT DOES GOD LOOK LIKE?
Probably a very insignificant little creature. Probably invisible. I don�t think he needs a look. And I tell you , if he has one, he�d probably look like me.

WHAT FANTASY DO YOU STILL HAVE TO FULFIL?
Fucking God! Ha, ha!

WHAT IS THE BEST THING YOU HAVE HEARD IN THE LAST 16 YEARS?
I�ve written a couple of great songs myself. No, probably Norah Jones. Definitely Norah Jones. I did a show with her and Willie Nelson. She�s a very sweet girl. I�d give her one.

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU DID THE WASHING UP?
Actually, this morning. The old lady slept in late and I thought I�d surprise her. I did breakfast � boiled eggs and a glass of wine.

SO WHO DID THE WASHING UP WHEN YOU SHARED A PLACE WITH MICK JAGGER AND BRIAN JONES?
Oh god, Mick did all that. I only got into washing up when I thought there might be something suspicious on the plate.

WHAT SIDE DO YOU DRESS TO?
Generally to the left. Although I find the right quite interesting at times. You think, �hey this thing�s got a mind of it�s own�.

WHAT�S YOUR IDEA OF HEAVEN?
Right here, right now�..

AND YOU IDEA OF HELL?
��.but not talking to you, ha ha!

ANYTHING YOU�D LIKE 200 OF?
More years.

WHAT �S THE BEST BIT OF ADVICE YOU EVER RECEIVED?
From my dad: �there�s a difference between scratching your arse and tearing it to bits�.

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU WERE VERY PISSED?
I try and I try but I just can�t get a buzz � I just maintain. It really doesn�t affect me that much. I started my drinking career when I was 14 on black rum and blackcurrant, and I think I left about 15 little puke volcanoes in the neighbours� gardens. I�ve never drunk that mixture again.

WHO�S THE GREATEST LIVING ENGLISHMAN?
Obviously me, ha! No, it has to be Charlie Watts.

WHAT HAS BEEN THE HIGHLIGHT OF THE LAST 16 YEARS?
Having two babies who are now even taller than me, don�t listen to what I say and steal my clothes. Having two beautiful grandchildren, which is a blessing� And also to have those 16 years in the first place.

AND THE LOW POINT?
We lost Ian Stewart in �86. Apart from that, things have been on the up and up. I know one today the hammer�s gonna fall, but let�s put it off for another 200 years.

WHAT�S NEXT
It�s 90 degrees here, I�m looking at the ocean and I�m going to get in the pool. You can freeze your balls off back in England.
02-04-03 10:33 AM
jb Great HTM..Keith despises Macca!!!!
02-04-03 10:52 AM
sandrew Keith is the king of snappy one-liners. That's why I hate the popular image of him as an unintelligible babbler. Nothing's further from the truth, as this interview -- and that great one in Blender -- shows.
02-04-03 10:54 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

WHAT HAS BEEN THE HIGHLIGHT OF THE LAST 16 YEARS?
Having two babies who are now even taller than me, don�t listen to what I say and steal my clothes. Having two beautiful grandchildren, which is a blessing� And also to have those 16 years in the first place.

AND THE LOW POINT?
We lost Ian Stewart in �86. Apart from that, things have been on the up and up. I know one today the hammer�s gonna fall, but let�s put it off for another 200 years.

WHAT�S NEXT
It�s 90 degrees here, I�m looking at the ocean and I�m going to get in the pool. You can freeze your balls off back in England.

The man is strong, bold, daring, optimistic and sensitive. What more can you ask?
And boiled eggs for breakfast It's too much

Thanks for the great interview Honky Tonk Man!
02-04-03 11:05 AM
marko good work alex....very nive to read,put a smile on my face!
02-04-03 11:13 AM
rabact absolutely agree with sandrew and fotinid, i had my fill of hearing keith described (just) as a chemical and ignorant guitar monkey. what's wrong in facing his culture and intelligence?
02-04-03 11:21 AM
Honky Tonk Man Cheers Everyone. I think you should really be thanking one of the guys on Shidoobieland. Thats where i got it from.

But hell, i would of posted it anyway

Alex
02-04-03 11:25 AM
jb Thanks Alex..any negative thoughts by keith regarding Macca are sincerly appreciated.
02-04-03 12:40 PM
Martha Thanks HTM. I just LOVE Keef! He's such a cool cat...
my new hero...!

I want to meet him in L.A. Does anyone know where the boys
will be staying while they are here?

02-05-03 01:36 PM
Pants Make the Man Great, great, GREAT interview!!! There's some 20 odd signature worthy quotes in that one short, breezy interview alone! Heavy duty...

When did that great, great, GREAT interview (!!!) take place?

02-05-03 03:56 PM
Gazza presumably over Christmas or thereabouts

This month's Q is issue #200 since they began publishing over 16 years ago. To commemorate it, they have a series of interviews asking pretty much similar questions with a dozen or so musical celebrities including Marilyn Manson, David Bowie and Steven Tyler.

Also lots of quite er..revealing.. shots of Courtney Love rampaging naked around London at 3 o'clock in the morning just before Christmas
02-05-03 05:06 PM
Stones Fan, Gar Keith has been my hero for years. People have said to me, Keith should have been dead years ago, or he is so wasted. All those knot heads who ever thought he was some age addled, drugged out, mumbling fool, should just read any interview he has done. He has always struck me as very grounded and full of wisdom. He has lived a life and a half and has done so much. He snaps the one liners to get your attention, then says things so warm about Charlie or the lose of Stu and it floors you. Keep rockin', Keith !! Show em all what a rocker should be!
02-05-03 05:11 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
Thanks Alex..any negative thoughts by keith regarding Macca are sincerly appreciated.

JB: Did you see the thread on the interview with Keith
for an Aussie mag? Talk about blasting Paul.
It was 2 or 3 weeks ago on this site.
02-05-03 05:18 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Stones Fan, Gar wrote:
Keith has been my hero for years. People have said to me, Keith should have been dead years ago, or he is so wasted. All those knot heads who ever thought he was some age addled, drugged out, mumbling fool, should just read any interview he has done. He has always struck me as very grounded and full of wisdom. He has lived a life and a half and has done so much. He snaps the one liners to get your attention, then says things so warm about Charlie or the lose of Stu and it floors you. Keep rockin', Keith !! Show em all what a rocker should be!

AMEN SF,G!! Couldn't have said it better! I am so sick of "Keithbashing". The pundits need to find some new material!!

LadyJ.
02-06-03 04:48 AM
Child of the Moon Incredible interview. I actually just watched a pretty shitty Conan O'Brien in which Keith supposedly has a phone conversation with Conan. Typical drugged-up, mumbling, wasted rock star with a bad English accent stereotype. Show Conan's writers this interview, and then they can piss off.
02-06-03 10:05 AM
jb Yes Telecaster..that fag cancelled the Aussie gig b/c of poor sales and blamed it on terrorism...a true wanker...

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST