ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Till the next time... we say goodbye
MGM Grand, Las Vegas - February 8, 2003
Background image by Li'l Red Rooooooooooooooooooooostah for Rooster Productions Lsd.

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Azzuri??????????? Return to archive
02-03-03 11:41 PM
gypsymofo60 Mick, Mick, Mick.....Italia?????? Whatever happened to three lions? I've heard of - "When in Rome......" but this?
02-04-03 12:50 AM
Madafaka Relax! When Rod Stewart was here, he put on the argentinean soccer shirt. Everybody do that!
02-04-03 01:28 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
Relax! When Rod Stewart was here, he put on the argentinean soccer shirt. Everybody do that!

It's called lighthearted humour! Then I suppose it could be worse, he could be jamming with Crespo, and Ortega eh?.........
02-04-03 01:40 AM
gypsymofo60 Would I be right in assuming that that shirt has the number 20 on the back, and was worn in homage to Italian star Paolo Rossi?
02-04-03 06:30 AM
Fabio Hot Stuff Yeah Gipsy, it was the original shirt of Paolo Rossi, he gave it after the win on final cup....
Eehhhhhh...I'm italian but I didn't like Rossi, I always loved BRAZIL and , of course, my favourite team soccer is AS ROMA
Ciao
02-04-03 06:57 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Fabio Hot Stuff wrote:
Yeah Gipsy, it was the original shirt of Paolo Rossi, he gave it after the win on final cup....
Eehhhhhh...I'm italian but I didn't like Rossi, I always loved BRAZIL and , of course, my favourite team soccer is AS ROMA
Ciao

Hi Fabio! Rossi was a great player, did Rossi actually give Jagger the shirt?.....AS Roma eh? I support Liverpool- May 1984, we'll say no more. Cheers! By the way, it's a great shot!
02-04-03 09:34 AM
Honky Tonk Man AS Roma?, Liverpool?

Whats wrong with people on this board!

Its bad enough everyone likeing American Football, but come on, at least support a decent team!

Manchester United

Alex
02-04-03 09:36 AM
stewed & Keefed OR GILLINGHAM FC
02-04-03 10:03 AM
Honky Tonk Man Stewed and Keefed, don't go thinking i had forgotten Gillingham!

Saying that though, i don't remember the last time i went to see the Gills. Think it must of been season 97-98 or 98-99

When i was around 11 or 12 i used to go to alot of the home games. Later on, i even started going to some away games. I was at Wembley when they lost to Man City. That was nasty!

Truth is though, i got into Manutd first. I was sitting at home watching tv and they came on. I had been playing football alot at school and was getting interested. There was something about them i liked.

I do like Football, im not as keen as i once was on it. Though i don't think thats the right way of looking at it. I prefer to say that i just don't follow it in as much deatail.

Its okay everyone, you can breath out now

Alex
02-04-03 10:44 AM
Madafaka OH-MY-GOD! What are this guys talking about? South American soccer is the best in the whole world!
Argentina and Brazil are the countries with the most famous soccer players in Europe.
Maradona, Pele, Batistuta, Romario, Ronaldo, Crespo, Ortega, Veron, Saviola, Sorin, Aimar... Nothing more to say!
We don't have Stones concerts, but we have soccer! Ok, is not the same thing... But is better than nothing!
02-04-03 11:59 AM
Scot Rocks Hail Hail the Celts are here!!!!!!!!!

In Spain, I like Barca, In England, Liverpool, In Italy Milan or Roma and so on...

but no. 1 is CELTIC!!

Mark

02-04-03 12:02 PM
Boomhauer Chicago Fire!!!!!!!

02-04-03 12:18 PM
Highwire Rob
quote:
Fabio Hot Stuff wrote:
Yeah Gipsy, it was the original shirt of Paolo Rossi, he gave it after the win on final cup....
Ciao

I loved those many magic moments of Espana '82! Italian goalkeeper and captain, Dino Zoff, aged 40, making those miraculous goal-line saves!

The Brazilians, as usual, were so fun to watch throughout their Cup Matches: Zico, Socrates, Junior... I remember all my mates in England trying to imitate Zico's sideways scissor kick on a corner!

...brings tears of nostalgia back...

--Rob.
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
02-04-03 12:29 PM
Honky Tonk Man Dino Zoff played for Italy!

Forget Zoff. We had Peter Shilton!

He was 40 in Italia 90 and went on to play Proffesional Football for another 7 years!

However, he should have retierd after 1990, but due to gambling debts, he had to keep playing! In all fairness though. In that period, he did have a go at Managment and he was only ever put on the pitch as a last resort.

Alex
02-04-03 03:08 PM
icydanger nice pic...
no wonder his ribs get blocked once in a while
02-04-03 04:06 PM
Highwire Rob
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Dino Zoff played for Italy!

Ooooops! Thanks Alex, I meant "Italy." I had the Poland game on my mind. Thanks for the correction. And my apologies to our Italian friends.

I got to see Kevin Keegan play for Southampton when I used to live in England. You're right, Shilton was brilliant.

--Rob
02-04-03 04:36 PM
RubyFriday Kevin Keegan played here in Hamburg in the early 80�s.I went to the stadium only to see him (about 50 times),he was absolutely great in a great team....Keegan,Kaltz,Hrubesch,Bastrup,Magath....We had the best team in europe for 2,3 years.
But Peter Shilton wasn�t brilliant,England has no good keeper since Gordon Banks
02-04-03 04:40 PM
Gazza that pic is actually taken from the Stones concert in Turin on 11th July 1982 - a few hours before that day's World cup Final in Madrid between Italy and West Germany

During the show,Mick told the 70,000 crowd "Tonight you'll win 3-1". As it turns out,he was 100% right.

I think he wore a few football shirts during that World Cup summer. He definitely wore a Scotland shirt when they played the Apollo Theatre in Glasgow.

Always good to see him in a blue shirt,Scot....;-) Only wish they'd played Belfast that summer and he may have wore a Linfield one....
02-04-03 04:48 PM
BillyBoll Honky Tonk Man - can I cancel my seeding you. Man Utd - hereafter known as the scum.

The most successful football team to come out of the UK is undoubtedly Liverpool. Read the trophy list and weep. Yes, even now.

BTW only kidding about the discs.

02-04-03 05:08 PM
stewed & Keefed BillyBoll- Gillingham lost 2-1 to Leeds tonight,shame,it could have been Liverpool next.
Thanks for e-mail.
02-04-03 07:16 PM
Honky Tonk Man Liverpool were the best team in the 1980s. Thats for sure. You had Beardsley (though he did leave you for Everton!), Rush, Barnes and my favourite goal keeper of all time... Brue Grobellar!

The 1990s belonged to the Red Devils AND the next Decade will too. You watch, Arsenal will slip up!

Gillingham lost 2-1? Thats too bad

Alex
02-04-03 08:54 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
AS Roma?, Liverpool?

Whats wrong with people on this board!

Its bad enough everyone likeing American Football, but come on, at least support a decent team!

Manchester United

Alex

Oi! Who are you?.........SIR ALEX....FERGUSON? Although I must admit, even though I support Liverpool I do have a soft spot for United, and a SOFT ON for Paul Scholes......What's wrong with American Football? Have you ever watched Australian Football? Complete with Ice-Cream vendors in each goal mouth waving silly flags as though they were on the flight deck of The Missouri.
02-04-03 09:18 PM
J.J.Flash Ohhh my god..........I'm without wo....... wor..... DAMN... I mean..... WORDS. How good to know that you all like soccer and mainly the Brazilian soccer, I'm proud of you guys! Grazzie Fabio. My favorite soccer teams includes the Azzuri. I like the way that the England Team plays with coldness and determination. Sometimes the brazilian team needs a little "coldness" like the brits!
I'm a Batistuta and Maradona fan too! Take care guys and keep rockin' & rollin'!
02-04-03 11:02 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:

I loved those many magic moments of Espana '82! Italian goalkeeper and captain, Dino Zoff, aged 40, making those miraculous goal-line saves!

The Brazilians, as usual, were so fun to watch throughout their Cup Matches: Zico, Socrates, Junior... I remember all my mates in England trying to imitate Zico's sideways scissor kick on a corner!

...brings tears of nostalgia back...

--Rob.
[Edited by Highwire Rob]

Spot on Highwire Rob, The '82 comp. was the most entertaining in my lifetime, talk about tears! England's final match, had to win....DREW again- disaster.
02-05-03 10:32 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This was the reference header

Torino - 1982 - Grazie molto Fabio!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST