ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Till the next time... we say goodbye
MGM Grand, Las Vegas - February 8, 2003
Background image by Li'l Red Rooooooooooooooooooooostah for Rooster Productions Lsd.

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Denver setlist, pix and reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2
02-03-03 04:24 PM
Joey Scored Great Seats -- Finally !!!!!!

KENO : " Joey headed over to the Pcenter after the Hard Rock to score better tickets and never returned. "

Yes , sorry Keno , I would have loved to have gone over to the Paramount with everyone , but I didn't want to see the " Greatest Rock and Roll Band " in the world from the rafters .

It is a good thing I went over to the Pepsi Center when I did ......................everyone outside the venue was holding up " I Need Tickets " signs and the few individuals who were selling them wanted one thousand dollars a piece .

As it turns out , Jaxx was right ............a few single " three hundred dollar tickets " were being released by the Box Office , but you had to have a lottery ticket ( handed out earlier in the day ) to purchase them . Your young Joey took a big risk and had some guy who was tenth in line for the lotto purchase a ticket for him ( realizing there was a strong possibility I would never see him again as he easily could have taken off with my hard earned cash ).

Guess What , I LUCKED OUT !!!!!When he came out of the Pepsi Center Box Office Area , he handed me a ticket ( Section 124 , Row 1 -- lower level right in front of the " B " stage ) ......Unbelievable Seats . He also told me that the two tickets he purchased , the other ticket was for his wife who did not have one , were the LAST ONES !!!!! HE didn't even want more money for the thirty dollar convenience charges ( which came out of HIS pocket ) ..............I was so happy that I offered to buy him a drink at a place connected to the Pepsi Center called the " Blue Sky Grille " . The establishment was really roaring and after the guy who bought me the ticket downed a couple of Margaritas and bolted , I ran into some people I knew from Nebraska ...............more drinks were bought , more StonesFreaks ( many who didn't have tickets and thus could not see the show ) arrived and all gathered around the bar , and before you know it , I ran up a one hundred dollar tab ( Which I showed to Nanky and Moonie and MaxMeister at the Paramount after the gig ) .

Around 8:30 PM we all entered the Pepsi Center from the back of the restaurant ( didn't even have to guzzle my Heineken -- a no guzzling rule , just pour it into a plastic cup and move on ) .

Here is where it gets really weird . My friend Rob , who made the trip to Denver with me and who also is a big fan of the band and was seeing the Rolling Stones for the very first time ( He's a Bartender at Charlestons in Omaha) did not want to sit up in the rafters either ( I gave him my shitty fifty dollar cheapy ticket ) . So what did he do ???????? - he snuck down with me to my section and sat in the seat to my left , just waiting to be thrown out by the real ticketholder . THE TICKETHOLDER NEVER CAME !!!!!! , so Rob got the see The Stones for free and had a better view of the band than ninety percent of those in attendance who actually paid !!!!!!

The concert was great , Joey got drunk , met up with Moonie and Nanky and MaxMeister after the gig , and I finally passed out in the Hotel Room around 2:15 AM after the bars closed and tossed us all out .................

Denver -------------You and your people ------------I LOVE YOU -------------------------I REALLY LOVE YOU !!!!!!!!!

Nanky , Moonie , MaxMeister .....aren't you guys glad you flew in for such a wonderful show and fun drunk / Chiba fest ????? The Seventy Five / Eighty degree weather ( I had my air conditioning on for most of the trip ) was THE Capstone of the day . Yeah , you could say it was a perfect weekend for seeing a little ole' Band Called " The Rolling Stones !!!!!! "

Joey

02-03-03 05:03 PM
scope So, you are leading the charmed life, eh? Congrats to you. I wish I could have pulled it together to get out there, but from the sound of it, without ticket in hand, it was the right thing to do. Catch you next time young Joey!!
02-03-03 06:46 PM
Miss U. Wooaaaa....Gypsy, FG & I agree!!!
02-03-03 07:01 PM
Martha Joey...YES!!!!!!!
I KNEW you'd have a charmed tale to tell us all!
When did you officially "nolte" then?
Before...during or after the show??

develped........burp*
02-03-03 07:40 PM
gypsy Yay for Joey! Damnit. I knew I should've gone in Rob's place. I'd have got a damn good seat...close to the Stones...and Joey! Life doesn't get much better than that...
02-04-03 01:10 AM
parmeda Nanky!...LMFAO!!!!

Quick, someone get me more mascara!

You, Moonie & Maxmeister in a rick-shaw!!!! You rice-eatin' wannabe's, that's just too damn funny...Joey should have been with you. On second thought, maybe not...we'd all have a collection for your bond postings by now, LOL.

What a great story...what a great time!

Joey...glad to hear about your seats. What a wonderful favor that fellow fan did for you.

And BTW, did anyone get any of your craziness on film? I'd love to see that poor little soul cartin' the three of you around let alone the post-ciricular activities...oh, you guys, LMAO!
02-04-03 07:13 AM
sirfito Thank you very mauch for the info and de pictures.
Great!
Fito
02-04-03 10:56 AM
sirmoonie Yeah, great seeing all youse Nankie, MaxM, Joey, Jaxx, Keno, Stonesdoug, Payphone, Killed, and anyone else I forgot. Stones and you guys in one deal - I got no regrets for expenditures in time, money, and brain cells. You rock! We Rock! They Rock!

The rickshaw - official human-powerered chiba chariot of the C10 in Denver!
02-04-03 11:17 AM
Maxmeister [quote]nankerphelge wrote:
Wow! What a blast!
Great show -- great bunch pre- and post-
The rick-shaw ruled!!

That sure sums up what was an absolutely awesome day and weekend.
My wife and I had a wonderful friday evening at the Hard Rock with Jaxx, Keno, Crystal, and Payphone Al. The manager made sure we had a table next to the Stones section.
I can't really add to what Nanky said about sat. It couldn't have been scripted any better.
The show was incredible as usual. Rock Me Baby!!. Yes!! Once the crowd kicked in to gear, it was second only to MSG I, of the 5 gigs I've attended.
Our mode of transport to and from the gig was definitely one for the books. It had to be a hell of a site with 3 crazies and the driver passing the joint around while parading through the streets of Denver. This first driver took a picture of us. Hopefully it came out. I'll pass it along to Gerardo as soon as I get it developed. And I may have a picture of Jaxx, Keno and Stonesdoug. To be honest, it was so crazy at the Paramount that I'm not sure whether I took that particular pic or not.
Our driver after the gig almost passed out after hauling our asses back to downtown.
After catching up with Joey and his friend, we hung to last call, hit the streets and said our good-byes. Another great deposit in the memory bank. Thank you Rolling Stones and thank you Rocks Off, GASX3, and Stonesdoug for making it all possible.

Rick

02-04-03 11:31 AM
sirmoonie Poor Stones. They were running on fumes by the time JJF rolled around. Tough gig, but they delivered.

We all saw Blondie coming out of the last bar we went to. Dude was Noltied! So were we.

Ronnie was back on. Good to see.

Later.
02-04-03 12:01 PM
nankerphelge The chiba chariot!!! That's great!
02-04-03 12:25 PM
Maxmeister Moonie,
The "Chiba Chariot" rules!!

Dam, I love alliteration.

Must quit reliving Denver and go to work, must quit reliving Denver and go to work, must quit reliving Denver and go to work, must......

Rick
02-04-03 09:09 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Some photos from Saturday's parties at http://novogate.com/board/968/139509-1.html
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST