ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Till the next time... we say goodbye
MGM Grand, Las Vegas - February 8, 2003
Background image by Li'l Red Rooooooooooooooooooooostah for Rooster Productions Lsd.

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 4 PT STONES/FOXTEL TODAY Return to archive
02-01-03 07:23 PM
woodywoodpecker Hi fellow Aussie's,

the 4 pt stones special starts today! Episode 1 starts at 12.00 today!

I think episode two next week/3 following/4th last week feb

Enjoy

woody
02-01-03 10:11 PM
ozstones
quote:
woodywoodpecker wrote:
Hi fellow Aussie's,

the 4 pt stones special starts today! Episode 1 starts at 12.00 today!

I think episode two next week/3 following/4th last week feb

Enjoy

woody

Hi Woody

It was the first part of the new 5DVD set called "Just For The Record". As has been discussed on other forums this is devoid of Stones interviews and music just other people talking about the band. Still interesting but for hardcore fans only.

Cheers

Andrew
02-02-03 12:25 AM
woodywoodpecker Hi ya OZSTONES!

Thanks for that, I did tape it however it wasnt the best but oh well.

Cheers Woody
02-03-03 05:48 AM
corgi37 It was ok, but i think we have seen it all before. It always, ahem, pisses me off how the garage pissing incident gets more coverage than the 75 or 78 tours combined in these docos. Still, this 1st episode had a few unseen stuff. Doesnt Anita Pallenberg look like such a hag? Next week should be great - the 70's!
02-03-03 10:47 PM
gypsy Now I'm curious about this 5-disc DVD set. So, what exactly is it about? Is Anita interviewed?
02-03-03 11:06 PM
gypsymofo60
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Now I'm curious about this 5-disc DVD set. So, what exactly is it about? Is Anita interviewed?

It's definitely a die-hard fans doco only Gypsy, but it would appear as though there is more to come from Anita. She talks about how she became involved with Brian and the others, a bit about perfomance, but it's on in weekly episodes here on cable/satellite, so it's hard to say how good it will be. At least the interviewees are real Stones people, Victor Brokris, David Dalton, Giorgio Gomelsky, Anita, and Terry Reid. By the way Anita doesn't look like a hag. She looks as good as one could hope to look after a lifetime of heroine, and Keith addiction in her 50s.
02-04-03 12:32 AM
gypsy Thanks for that info, gypsymofo. I had read a warning on Stonesdoug's board not to buy these DVD's. I would buy them just for the Anita content. Yeah, I think the 'hag' comment is really rude. Anita was a great beauty in her day, and smart to boot. Both Anita's and Keith's looks were ruined by drug use...and their lives were nearly ruined. We all know that by now; so, to make rude comments regarding looks is just really petty.
02-04-03 02:01 AM
gypsymofo60 I don't think Corgi was really intending to be rude to Anita, it's just his off the cuff way. Anita was the most stunning looking woman I've ever seen. I would loved to have seen her close up around 68-73. Some of her replies to the press, or to interviewers she showed nothing but contempt for still make me laugh. Did you ever read that one about Brian crying for sasquatch?
02-04-03 02:19 AM
gypsy Is that the interview with David Dalton? I have that book...the "Twenty Years" book...I was curious as to what year she gave that interview...I looked all over the book, and couldn't find a date.
02-04-03 05:27 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Is that the interview with David Dalton? I have that book...the "Twenty Years" book...I was curious as to what year she gave that interview...I looked all over the book, and couldn't find a date.

That's the one. No! there is no mention of any date for the interview, but it would have been around the time he was researching the first book he did in 1971/72, I should imagine.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST