ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine a Light" World Premier
The 58th Berlinale International Film Festival - February 7, 2008
© Andreas Fechner with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Please help with my thesis Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
28th January 2008 12:30 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
The jinn, my friend. wrote:

oh. Your using an handheld.

Funny! No I'm just dumb and to lazy to cut and paste to spell ck.
28th January 2008 12:31 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
I have to go now. Nice talking to you.
Perhaps another time, God willing.

Cool , that was fun.
28th January 2008 02:02 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:

To my knowledge no teacher promotes {Recreational drug use, pre-marital sex, living with partners and having children out of wedlock,}

Really? So you've never heard of this guy?:
28th January 2008 02:14 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
The Rolling Stones and the Romantic tradition.Discuss.

That was my first thought, as well; particularly a comparison of the Stones' "Romantic" period (roughly 1966-69) and the Romantic group centered around Mary Wollstonecraft, Percy Shelley and especially Lord Byron ("mad, bad and dangerous to know").
28th January 2008 06:14 AM
The jinn, my friend.
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Really? So you've never heard of this guy?:

Yes, everyone has heard of Osama Bin Laden

Nice picture of Bin Laden reading the Quran.

I am not fond of the publicity photos with the died hair. I like the natural look.

I did not know you was a admirer of Binny enough to have a encampment photo.

To my knowledge he only promotes recreational drug use, pre-marital sex, living with partners and having children out of wedlock as a means to identify persons to be containned and/or killed. Rather like raising a fresh harvest. They do say his horse is the best.

Don't get me wrong I have no issue with corporal punishment or capital punishment.
However, I do think he is a bit of an extremist in his views. But hey, if that is your thing. Please take note of my apology and do not kill me. I just do not agree about extreamist. I do not see how those ethics assist the betterment of the world. But as I said, you know, do your own thing. I am sure there is reasoning behind the normalcy of such beliefs.

BTW, could you share your name with everyone. I think we all would like to know you better.
[Edited by The jinn, my friend.]
28th January 2008 12:25 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:

Yes, everyone has heard of Osama Bin Laden

Nice picture of Bin Laden reading the Quran.

I am not fond of the publicity photos with the died hair. I like the natural look.

I did not know you was a admirer of Binny enough to have a encampment photo.

To my knowledge he only promotes recreational drug use, pre-marital sex, living with partners and having children out of wedlock as a means to identify persons to be containned and/or killed. Rather like raising a fresh harvest. They do say his horse is the best.

Don't get me wrong I have no issue with corporal punishment or capital punishment.
However, I do think he is a bit of an extremist in his views. But hey, if that is your thing. Please take note of my apology and do not kill me. I just do not agree about extreamist. I do not see how those ethics assist the betterment of the world. But as I said, you know, do your own thing. I am sure there is reasoning behind the normalcy of such beliefs.

BTW, could you share your name with everyone. I think we all would like to know you better.
[Edited by The jinn, my friend.]

You're kidding, right? Of course that's not Osama, it's Oso, fka the Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, a guru who promoted all those things you'd never heard of a guru promoting: sex, drugs, etc.
28th January 2008 05:54 PM
Joey " I just spent about 36 hours at Gaspirila. Woke up this mornin' ate a lovely perfect greasy hambergur (with bacon). Watched mclovin on my buddys sweet system. Came home for about an hour and a half (got board). Went up the street to a bar, it was closed, but the old man let me get a 20ozer at the package store and hangout. So I watched some Denzel movie about debating. Had to be a bootleg. I drank my Nasty Bud, and watched ....... "

28th January 2008 06:47 PM
robpop WTF was this? Maybe I should start smokin'
28th January 2008 07:03 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

You're kidding, right? Of course that's not Osama, it's Oso, fka the Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, a guru who promoted all those things you'd never heard of a guru promoting: sex, drugs, etc.

Although it may not seem so at a superficial level, there is little difference between Bhagwan Shreekee's Oregon Ashram and the Utah-based Mormon cult (exalted status, eternal celestial polygamy). Certainly the relative un-American mentality of the followers is the same. Cf, e.g., Willard Romney.
28th January 2008 07:07 PM
Zack
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

That's obscure! I googled him. Osho, they spelled it, wrote a book called "Autobiography of a Spiritually Incorrect Mystic." Great title.
28th January 2008 07:37 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Although it may not seem so at a superficial level, there is little difference between Bhagwan Shreekee's Oregon Ashram and the Utah-based Mormon cult (exalted status, eternal celestial polygamy). Certainly the relative un-American mentality of the followers is the same. Cf, e.g., Willard Romney.

I've never been a fan of the Bhagwan's followers, but his teachings have their good points. I cited him as an example of a spiritual teacher who promotes the practices that Mr. jinn had never heard of a spiritual teacher promoting.
28th January 2008 07:58 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Joey wrote:
" I just spent about 36 hours at Gaspirila. Woke up this mornin' ate a lovely perfect greasy hambergur (with bacon). Watched mclovin on my buddys sweet system. Came home for about an hour and a half (got board). Went up the street to a bar, it was closed, but the old man let me get a 20ozer at the package store and hangout. So I watched some Denzel movie about debating. Had to be a bootleg. I drank my Nasty Bud, and watched ....... "

Might have got a little long winded last night. LOL
28th January 2008 07:59 PM
Scottfree
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Your paper should focus on the nitwits that:

(1) discovered the Stones
(2) studied the Stones
(3) thought they were as cool as the Stones
(4) started to act like the Stones
(5) became obsessed with the Stones
(6) spent entirely too much money on the stones, repeatedly
(7) discovered the Internet
(8) discovered like minded nitwits, and
(9) now inhabitate various message boards

This place alone could provide you with a Ph.D. in sociology or psychology or some other sort of -ology.

Stonesiology - the study of behavior and behavior modification in Stones fans.

[Edited by nankerphelge]

Move to the head of the class...
28th January 2008 10:30 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

This place alone could provide you with a Ph.D. in sociology or psychology or some other sort of -ology.

[Edited by nankerphelge]

Anthropophagy, perhaps?
28th January 2008 10:55 PM
GotToRollMe Osho
1931 - 1990

Copyright©Osho International Foundation

"Osho, also known as Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, was a fully enlightened master who lived during the twentieth century. He was also a man of extraordinary intelligence, erudition, charisma, and powers of communication.

Some people thought of him as a guru of hedonism, an impressario of spiritual Mardi Gras."

"Spiritual Mardi Gras"...sounds good to me!

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
28th January 2008 11:38 PM
Shoshanna
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

(2) studied the Stones

[Edited by nankerphelge]

Thanks for all the great ideas. I particularly like this one. I think there is something I can work with here. Thanks again everyone!!!
29th January 2008 12:12 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Shoshanna wrote:

Thanks for all the great ideas. I particularly like this one. I think there is something I can work with here. Thanks again everyone!!!

I'm telling ya Taylor vs Wood = Masters Degree
29th January 2008 02:19 AM
poopooslug
quote:
GayB wrote:
[quote]You make Bono feel like an eagle, in a captivating flight, staring down from the top of a very high mountain, as you are leading me from one point of beauty to another.
[/anal]

bono/pug!!! this post gives the rest of us aliases a bad name. the gayness oozing forth from it is worse than being backstage at an eleton john concert. take it down immediately!!!!

I want to thank you again for the great dinner and the XXL shirt that is a bit snug.
29th January 2008 02:28 AM
pdog
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

I'm telling ya Taylor vs Wood = Masters Degree

I was going to say something witty and funny, and realized I had nothing... But I wanted to post!
29th January 2008 11:34 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
pdog wrote:

I was going to say something witty and funny, and realized I had nothing... But I wanted to post!

I hear you brother, God knows I hear you.
29th January 2008 11:38 AM
Joey " Might have got a little long winded last night. "

29th January 2008 11:50 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Might have got a little long winded last night. "

Wow, same picture used repeatedly in the same thread. You are on the cutting edge of postin.
29th January 2008 12:06 PM
Joey " You are on the cutting edge of postin. "

29th January 2008 05:46 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Shoshanna wrote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
nankerphelge wrote:

(2) studied the Stones

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL - you could practically slice the irony with a knife

29th January 2008 07:26 PM
The jinn, my friend.
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Osho
1931 - 1990

Copyright©Osho International Foundation

"Osho, also known as Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, was a fully enlightened master who lived during the twentieth century. He was also a man of extraordinary intelligence, erudition, charisma, and powers of communication.

Some people thought of him as a guru of hedonism, an impressario of spiritual Mardi Gras."

"Spiritual Mardi Gras"...sounds good to me!

[Edited by GotToRollMe]

Ahh... Mardi Gras is already a religious holiday.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mardi_Gras
29th January 2008 08:20 PM
The jinn, my friend.
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Yea, Well if anyone... Then include nobody

http://www.mansondirect.com/

Then there are others....

Bigger than Joey ever could dream of

30th January 2008 01:18 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:

Yea, Well if anyone... Then include nobody

Then there are others....

Bigger than Joey ever could dream of

Well, that's quite an impressive non sequitur. Now back to the question: Did you really think the Bhagwan was Osama?
30th January 2008 02:38 AM
The jinn, my friend.
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Well, that's quite an impressive non sequitur. Now back to the question: Did you really think the Bhagwan was Osama?

At first glance, yea. He looks amazingly like Binny.
However the real point was that there are extremist in every faith type. That is one reason the >Tibetan< Buddhist get so much crap from China. They see the them as an extremist group. Rather like we see polygamy practicing religions. Really what is the difference between multiple sexual partners and multiple marriage based mates?

If you are going to embrace(defend) Hedonism. Why stop at recreational death? There are people willing to die and those that are wish to experience giving death.

If that is between 2 consenting adults. How is that harming you?

>>The next statements are for theoretical purposes only.
If Mick took pleasure in death. And others did this for Mick to persons that was -willing- to be filmed or staged for pleasure. If everyone is consenting, why should there be interference with consenting adult pleasure? Hell, he might even be revered as doing a service by terminally ill persons. If the pay check was good enough persons would do such it would not even matter if it was for Mick if it bettered their family. Don't even doubt that for a second. And some persons would do this hedonism for for the experience. And some would do it simply because he is a mass volume entertainer.

Decadance....embrace it.

But really why concern our selves?

2nd February 2008 01:07 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:

At first glance, yea. He looks amazingly like Binny.
However the real point was that there are extremist in every faith type. That is one reason the >Tibetan< Buddhist get so much crap from China. They see the them as an extremist group. Rather like we see polygamy practicing religions. Really what is the difference between multiple sexual partners and multiple marriage based mates?

If you are going to embrace(defend) Hedonism. Why stop at recreational death? There are people willing to die and those that are wish to experience giving death.

If that is between 2 consenting adults. How is that harming you?

>>The next statements are for theoretical purposes only.
If Mick took pleasure in death. And others did this for Mick to persons that was -willing- to be filmed or staged for pleasure. If everyone is consenting, why should there be interference with consenting adult pleasure? Hell, he might even be revered as doing a service by terminally ill persons. If the pay check was good enough persons would do such it would not even matter if it was for Mick if it bettered their family. Don't even doubt that for a second. And some persons would do this hedonism for for the experience. And some would do it simply because he is a mass volume entertainer.

Decadance....embrace it.

But really why concern our selves?

OK, so we move from non sequitur to reductio ad absurdum. The problem with your hypothetical is that sacramental drug use is widespread among human cultures, while the sort of death cult you posit is rather rare, though not unheard of. Moreover, for obvious evolutionary reasons, most people prefer to live. A death urge, Freud notwithstanding, is far from universal. A natural tendency to enjoy altering one's consciousness is much more common; witness the pleasure young children derive from spinning until they're dizzy.
Page: 1 2 3

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)