ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine a Light" World Premier
The 58th Berlinale International Film Festival - February 7, 2008
© Andreas Fechner with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Joan Jett Appreciation Thread... Return to archive Page: 1 2
25th January 2008 10:29 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Been listening to her (and The Runaways) a lot lately.

Found this little nugget a while back (it was on the re-release of one of her older albums as a bonus track).

She's ageing quite nicely in my opinion!:

[Edited by M.O.W.A.T.]
25th January 2008 10:36 PM
pdog Sinner is her best album ever. She's sooo hot. A great lesbian IMO.
25th January 2008 10:42 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Don't like it (a lot) but is bedable

25th January 2008 10:47 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Ask Ronnie

25th January 2008 11:29 PM
M.O.W.A.T. With the Runaways (looks like Quiet Riot weren't the only ones to find inspiration in Slade):

The blond on guitar is Lita Ford.
25th January 2008 11:39 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Don't like it (a lot) but is bedable

Nicely stated! I salute you..
25th January 2008 11:41 PM
robpop
quote:
pdog wrote:
A great lesbian IMO.

Ya think..."I dont hardly know her, but I think I can love her"

Anyway she is hot in this video smashing the guitar.

[Edited by robpop]
25th January 2008 11:44 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
robpop wrote:

Ya think..."I dont hardy know her, but I think I can love her"

Anyway she is hot in this video smashing the guitar.

When I worked at Fuddruckers back in the day, this song was in the rotation.. Still can't listen to it.
25th January 2008 11:47 PM
robpop
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

When I worked at Fuddruckers back in the day, this song was in the rotation.. Still can't listen to it.

I ate at Fuddruckers last week. Its not the same.
25th January 2008 11:50 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
robpop wrote:

I ate at Fuddruckers last week. Its not the same.

They closed all the ones in my area quite a few years back.
26th January 2008 12:39 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
M.O.W.A.T. wrote:
Been listening to her (and The Runaways) a lot lately.

I went to law school with the bass player from The Runaways.
26th January 2008 04:45 AM
Some Guy those were fun
26th January 2008 02:09 PM
Factory Girl Joan Jett is awesome.
26th January 2008 04:29 PM
gypsy
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

I went to law school with the bass player from The Runaways.

Yeah, but did you ever work at Fuddruckers?

Didn't think so.
26th January 2008 05:51 PM
andrews27 Joan needs to guest star on The L-Word with Ani DiFranco. They ought to catfight over Alice, meanwhile ignoring Shane, who is crushed b/c her whole style was copped from a JJ record that was all her deadbeat dad left behind. I mean every word of this, even the punctuation. L-Word thread, fans?
26th January 2008 06:41 PM
lotsajizz I seem to recall that she did a mean cover version of "Let It Bleed" some years ago....
26th January 2008 08:00 PM
fireontheplatter this dyke sounds like a broken record. i can't fucking deal.
maybe a tune or two after being on the road for a couple of years is cool
she has no range....she just stands there and belts into the mike. it just sounds like i am hearing..i love rock and roll over and over and over and over.

i have to say NO
26th January 2008 08:05 PM
Shoshanna Joan Jett is the man!
27th January 2008 12:48 PM
Bloozehound I like this video of Joan lusting after Carmen Electra

27th January 2008 12:50 PM
andrews27
quote:
Ask Ronnie

I notice in her photos that she's always got the sweetest smiles when meeting her idols.
27th January 2008 01:17 PM
Factory Girl
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Didn't think so.

Hi gypsy!!

As a teen, I worked at Bob's Big Boy as a hostess & a waitress. It was hard work, but it was fun!!

I also worked the gravedigger's shift: 5pm until 5am and 6pm until 6am.

LOL.
27th January 2008 08:09 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:

Hi gypsy!!

As a teen, I worked at Bob's Big Boy as a hostess & a waitress. It was hard work, but it was fun!!

I also worked the gravedigger's shift: 5pm until 5am and 6pm until 6am.

LOL.

And while I never worked at a Fuddrucker's, I do have several years of restaurant experience, including waiter, busboy and dishwasher.
28th January 2008 04:46 PM
gypsy Cool! I was always too shy to be a waitress.
I worked several years in retail and in a photo lab through high-school and college.
28th January 2008 08:11 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
andrews27 wrote:
Joan needs to guest star on The L-Word with Ani DiFranco. They ought to catfight over Alice, meanwhile ignoring Shane, who is crushed b/c her whole style was copped from a JJ record that was all her deadbeat dad left behind. I mean every word of this, even the punctuation. L-Word thread, fans?

Uh, yeah. I getting ready to watch last night's.
28th January 2008 08:13 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Didn't think so.

So weak, not even worth it for me to make you cry again.
28th January 2008 09:40 PM
glencar
quote:
Don't like it (a lot) but is bedable

I think she's gonna be on The L Word this year!!!
28th January 2008 09:41 PM
glencar
quote:
andrews27 wrote:
Joan needs to guest star on The L-Word with Ani DiFranco. They ought to catfight over Alice, meanwhile ignoring Shane, who is crushed b/c her whole style was copped from a JJ record that was all her deadbeat dad left behind. I mean every word of this, even the punctuation. L-Word thread, fans?

Love the show. I made my previous post before seeing yours. I was kidding about her being on The L Word but OBVIOUSLY the fans want it!
28th January 2008 09:53 PM
TampabayStone I'm not sure I want to see Joan naked, at least with the lights on. Butttttttttttttttttttt.

Photobucket

28th January 2008 10:04 PM
andrews27 L-Word rocks! Since I'm a guy, and since men dominate film and TV, I end up watching a lot of male-oriented stuff, even when it's an indie or an art movie. When I get sick and tired of looking at guys up there - guys with grimaces and stubble and a noble mission to do, or die - I really appreciate a smart show/movie that lets me watch a crew of women work out on the screen, on some, er...refreshing womens' problems.

That and the fact that they're half naked a lot, and that Jennifer Beals is the most gorgeous and poised chick possible, and that the girls that play Alice and Shane are sexy finds, all makes L-Word the star of a Soprano-less universe for me. I feel sorry for you guys in the UK, Singapore, wherever, who can't experience this.
28th January 2008 10:11 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
andrews27 wrote:
L-Word rocks! Since I'm a guy, and since men dominate film and TV, I end up watching a lot of male-oriented stuff, even when it's an indie or an art movie. When I get sick and tired of looking at guys up there - guys with grimaces and stubble and a noble mission to do, or die - I really appreciate a smart show/movie that lets me watch a crew of women work out on the screen, on some, er...refreshing womens' problems.

That and the fact that they're half naked a lot, and that Jennifer Beals is the most gorgeous and poised chick possible, and that the girls that play Alice and Shane are sexy finds, all makes L-Word the star of a Soprano-less universe for me. I feel sorry for you guys in the UK, Singapore, wherever, who can't experience this.

Love Alice, Shane to butch for my tastes in lesbians. Like the lipstick kind, of course.
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)