ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine a Light" World Premier
The 58th Berlinale International Film Festival - February 7, 2008
© Andreas Fechner with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Living Colour appreciation thread Return to archive Page: 1 2
29th January 2008 09:19 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
robpop wrote:

The "Mosque" was owned by the local concert promoters. Sadly, it went the way of all local concert promoters. It was a very good venue to see a show.

Syria Mosque! Damn, saw my first show there in 3rd or 4th grade - Bay City Rollers! My friend's older sister and her friends had extra tickets, so they let us punks tag along. I remember being absolutely mesmerized by all the girls dancing around in the aisles - had never seen anything like it in my life. It was at that moment I dedicated my life to yinzer chicks.
29th January 2008 09:25 PM
gypsy http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/yinzer
29th January 2008 09:31 PM
robpop
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Syria Mosque! Damn, saw my first show there in 3rd or 4th grade - Bay City Rollers! My friend's older sister and her friends had extra tickets, so they let us punks tag along. I remember being absolutely mesmerized by all the girls dancing around in the aisles - had never seen anything like it in my life. It was at that moment I dedicated my life to yinzer chicks.

I got served beer there for the first time in my life when I was sixteen; the same day I got my first hand job. Damn, when they tore that place down, they took a piece of me with it.
29th January 2008 09:38 PM
robpop
quote:
gypsy wrote:
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/yinzer

You gotta admit...all chicks dig yinzer dudes.
29th January 2008 09:50 PM
robpop
29th January 2008 09:51 PM
gypsy
quote:
robpop wrote:

You gotta admit...all chicks dig yinzer dudes.

That is a given.
I think.
29th January 2008 09:57 PM
robpop
quote:
gypsy wrote:

That is a given.
I think.

Don't think very hard.

The Band at the Syria Mosque circa 1970.

29th January 2008 10:15 PM
gypsy
quote:
robpop wrote:

Don't think very hard.

The Band at the Syria Mosque circa 1970.

Thanks for that clip. I enjoyed it very much.
29th January 2008 10:18 PM
robpop
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Thanks for that clip. I enjoyed it very much.

I was not at that show since I would have been a few months old, but it was better than watching Moonie dance in the isles to S A T U R D A Y......SSSSSSSaturday night.
29th January 2008 10:42 PM
TampabayStone Thank God this thread has gone rouge, My blood pressure went thru the roof when I saw this thing hit 2 pgs.
29th January 2008 11:04 PM
gypsy
quote:
robpop wrote:

I was not at that show since I would have been a few months old, but it was better than watching Moonie dance in the isles to S A T U R D A Y......SSSSSSSaturday night.

I wasn't born until '71.

And, yes, almost anything is better than watching Moonie dance to The Bay City Rollers. That brother has got no rhythm at all.
30th January 2008 08:30 AM
Gazza
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Syria Mosque! Damn, saw my first show there in 3rd or 4th grade - Bay City Rollers!

I've just brought up my lunch....

Living Colour didnt play on the tour when it left the US, but I remember the MTV Awards in September '89 when Jagger presented them with 'Best New Act' live by satellite backstage at the Pittsburgh show. As soon as they received it, they all did an obviously scripted 'Black Power' type salute. Mick's face as he quite visibly grimaced in embarrassment was a hoot.

30th January 2008 03:42 PM
glencar I'm gonna see if that's on youtube!
30th January 2008 03:57 PM
Gazza Imagine the facial reaction of a young child who's just realised that the thing he's bitten into is a pickle.

Something like that.
30th January 2008 03:59 PM
glencar No luck in my search. I have a vague recollection of it. I probably have it on VHS somewhere...
30th January 2008 08:04 PM
robpop
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I've just brought up my lunch....

Living Colour didnt play on the tour when it left the US, but I remember the MTV Awards in September '89 when Jagger presented them with 'Best New Act' live by satellite backstage at the Pittsburgh show. As soon as they received it, they all did an obviously scripted 'Black Power' type salute. Mick's face as he quite visibly grimaced in embarrassment was a hoot.

HA!!! That is the show I was at.
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)