ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine a Light" World Premier
The 58th Berlinale International Film Festival - February 7, 2008
© Andreas Fechner with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Living Colour appreciation thread Return to archive Page: 1 2
25th January 2008 07:51 PM
Some Guy
[Edited by Some Guy]
25th January 2008 07:56 PM
fireontheplatter these guys don't do it for me.
that song about personality and glammer boy are just to loud for me.
i saw then open for the stoners during the steel wheels tour.

i am going to agree with simon and say NO
25th January 2008 07:58 PM
robpop Great band. These guys rocked the joint when I saw them. They are black.
25th January 2008 08:00 PM
gypsy
quote:
robpop wrote:
Great band. These guys rocked the joint when I saw them. They are black.

YES!!!
25th January 2008 08:04 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle I liked Corey Glover in 'Platoon'.
25th January 2008 08:07 PM
Brainbell Jangler They opened for the Stones when I saw them in Foxboro, Mass. in 1989. They were great, but the drunken South Boston moron sitting a few rows in front of us in the stands yelling at the "fuckin' niggahs" to get off the stage was not. Fortunately, he had passed out by the time the Stones hit the stage. If anyone ever deserved to miss a show he was actually at, it was that guy.
25th January 2008 08:11 PM
Dan I remember liking them back in the day but haven't listened to them at all since the early '90s I think.

Saw them at the Stones than saw an amazing 2 hour show in 1993 at a hot and oversold Whisky A Go Go in 1993.

25th January 2008 08:23 PM
Some Guy check it bleeds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut1H4o_ie8c
25th January 2008 08:36 PM
Shoshanna They were before my time. But they look like they must have been very fun to watch.
25th January 2008 08:39 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
They opened for the Stones when I saw them in Foxboro, Mass. in 1989. They were great, but the drunken South Boston moron sitting a few rows in front of us in the stands yelling at the "fuckin' niggahs" to get off the stage was not. Fortunately, he had passed out by the time the Stones hit the stage. If anyone ever deserved to miss a show he was actually at, it was that guy.

I had a hell of a hangover the next day, I tell you.
25th January 2008 08:45 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

So that was you!
Thanks for chumming all over my Jordan IV's.
25th January 2008 08:50 PM
robpop
quote:
Shoshanna wrote:
They were before my time. But they look like they must have been very fun to watch.

It was the best!!!! I saw them at the old Syria Mosque in Pittsburgh, now a parking lot for Univ. Of Pitt. Anyway, the crowd of made of rock fans, head bangers, punks, and rappers. We all got drunk, and slam danced all night. We beat the shit out of each other, and it was all in the name of rock n roll. The world was united for a few hours.
25th January 2008 11:15 PM
Nellcote Can you guess who produced this?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7XRpuhc9dgU
25th January 2008 11:17 PM
robpop
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Can you guess who produced this?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7XRpuhc9dgU

Yeah, I think he is in the vidoes above, or should I say in the YOu tube thread. MJ
[Edited by robpop]
25th January 2008 11:22 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:
I liked Corey Glover in 'Platoon'.

Really? I did not know that.. Thought the band was real good and the singer a tool. But crap, if he was in Platoon.....
25th January 2008 11:27 PM
Nellcote Ding Ding Ding Ding...Robpop TD run in for the TD...
26th January 2008 04:40 AM
Some Guy
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

That reminds me of a Christmas story. Oh around naughty eight. I took to haveing Christmas at my home for a favored veteran and his friends. Couple ole' seasoned hand shakers would be the guest. Food, smoke and booze at a becking. Over indulgence was the delight. I had not done a lot of Christmases and I went to extra delight on my tree. I choose a pure white flocked one with bright pretty colors. Oh! It was so beautiful. Relaxation would flow through your body with the glance of the eyes. Captivating your soul with the warmth of delightful ideas of Christmas.

Thing was. You get a group of testosterone trained guys together; fill their bellies with cooked carcass and good booze, you gonna have some ruttin'. For a couple years I hosted the party. Every year the highlight was the ruckus. And a might fine ruckus it was! The tree was always smashed and the dudes would be limping to the kitchen to be bandaged and peroxided. I would sit what ever was left of a gallon of whiskey on the table for the guys. Perch on the counter light me a hooter and listen to the boys talk about the good olé days and laugh about the latest mark each other left on the other.

The house is gone and I am miles away from my favored veteran. But by God's grace I kept the lesson of platoon mates.
26th January 2008 09:39 AM
BILL PERKS THEIR 2ND RECORD ROCKED!STILL LISTEN TO IT TODAY
26th January 2008 12:07 PM
gimmekeef They were great in 89 as openers although they never would get the sound right..loud but all over the map
26th January 2008 12:13 PM
Some Guy
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
They were great in 89 as openers although they never would get the sound right..loud but all over the map

a cold night at Ga Tech.

[Edited by Some Guy]
26th January 2008 12:55 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:
Really? I did not know that.. Thought the band was real good and the singer a tool. But crap, if he was in Platoon.....

26th January 2008 02:14 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

"WE GONE GET HIGH-HIGH!"
26th January 2008 02:21 PM
gypsy
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

You're funny.

You're also a tiger in the sack.
26th January 2008 08:33 PM
LadyJane One of the few opening acts I have actually enjoyed.
1989 Carrier Dome was a great show.

LJ.

28th January 2008 01:17 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

"WE GONE GET HIGH-HIGH!"

Very nice!! Like Larry (can't spell the long wayS)Fishburn in Apocolips now. skinny. These words are hard to spell.
28th January 2008 03:15 PM
rocker They sucked shit. Music and guitar solos are devoid of feeling.

They are glamour boys and they only got credit because it was pc to acknowledge any black group that was anything other than rap.

do you remember that shitty solo that the guitarist tried to play on "its only rock n roll"?
28th January 2008 09:31 PM
Fingerprint File Hello everbody newbie here .Thought I would jump in on this.I always have liked Living Colour. Vernon Reid is a monster on the guitar.they brought alot of funky groove to the hard rock scene.never saw them live though.
Never saw them as a gimmick because of their color.They were a real talented group of musicians who happened to play hard rock.Different for the times yes.
28th January 2008 09:37 PM
glencar They sucked badly when I saw them. MJ produced Glamour Boys & one of the other songs. Didn't help.

Shame about the Syria Mosque. I saw a couple of shows there.
29th January 2008 07:32 PM
robpop
quote:
glencar wrote:
They sucked badly when I saw them. MJ produced Glamour Boys & one of the other songs. Didn't help.

Shame about the Syria Mosque. I saw a couple of shows there.

The "Mosque" was owned by the local concert promoters. Sadly, it went the way of all local concert promoters. It was a very good venue to see a show.
29th January 2008 09:07 PM
Dan
quote:
rocker wrote:
They sucked shit. Music and guitar solos are devoid of feeling.

They are glamour boys and they only got credit because it was pc to acknowledge any black group that was anything other than rap.

Me, Fishbone and 24-7 Spyz all had a laugh at your post.
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)