ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine a Light" World Premier
The 58th Berlinale International Film Festival - February 7, 2008
© Andreas Fechner with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ronnie Wood's Book Return to archive Page: 1 2
24th January 2008 07:49 PM
LadyJane I'm enjoying Ronnie but it seems he's left a lot out.
On one page he's talking about riding on the flatbed truck and two pages later it's the Harbour Castle Bust.

I need to dig out his last one and re-read.

LJ.
25th January 2008 05:13 PM
Sir Stonesalot Crap book.

Nothing of any substance at all.

>I thought there might be a few more tales of excess and a bit more name dropping.<

Are you serious? I really hope that was a sarcastic comment. You can't open that book to a page that doesn't have a name drop on it! And there were so many "tales of excess" that they became boring.

Thank goodness I got a bunch of Barnes & Noble cards for Xmas. If I had ponied up cash for that book, I'd feel cheated.

Someone gave the Clapton book to me and I regifted that fuckin' thing. I couldn't care less about that guy, let alone read about him.
25th January 2008 05:21 PM
CrissCrossMind "I can't stomach the Brian books...Golden Stone and all that shit. The guy was an asshole to women in general, did nothing for his kids. And all of his masochistic fans are, "If only he had more time, he'd have made good." Bullshit." to quote our lilly white Gypsy

I agree with you ... the books about Jones always make him out to be a wronged Angel ... he was a complete asshole as part of the package ... but I just like to read the odd ball stuff ... the writer was a woman making excuses for him ... some of the time lines are interesting ... CCM
25th January 2008 06:05 PM
mojoman
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I'm enjoying Ronnie but it seems he's left a lot out.
On one page he's talking about riding on the flatbed truck and two pages later it's the Harbour Castle Bust.

LJ.

another lost brain cell
another lost story.....
25th January 2008 06:40 PM
Gazza
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I'm enjoying Ronnie but it seems he's left a lot out.

LJ.

he also seems to suggest that right after finishing Love You Live, they did Saturday Night Live - seemingly oblivious to the 18 month period in between where they made Some Girls and then toured with it.

Its a fun read, but (like whoever threw together the 'Rarities' package) he could have used a half decent researcher
[Edited by Gazza]
25th January 2008 06:43 PM
gypsy
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Crap book.

Nothing of any substance at all.

>I thought there might be a few more tales of excess and a bit more name dropping.<

Are you serious? I really hope that was a sarcastic comment. You can't open that book to a page that doesn't have a name drop on it! And there were so many "tales of excess" that they became boring.

Thank goodness I got a bunch of Barnes & Noble cards for Xmas. If I had ponied up cash for that book, I'd feel cheated.

Someone gave the Clapton book to me and I regifted that fuckin' thing. I couldn't care less about that guy, let alone read about him.

I'd much rather read Ronnie's book than tales of your sexual exploits any time.
25th January 2008 07:14 PM
Sir Stonesalot LOL!

No doubt!
27th January 2008 07:26 PM
polytoxic
quote:
Gazza wrote:

he also seems to suggest that right after finishing Love You Live, they did Saturday Night Live - seemingly oblivious to the 18 month period in between where they made Some Girls and then toured with it.

Its a fun read, but (like whoever threw together the 'Rarities' package) he could have used a half decent researcher
[Edited by Gazza]

And a proofreader or an editor. The writing, the spelling and the grammar are atrocious.

He also mentions, among other glaring inaccuracies. rehearsing in Toronto in 1989, when they didn't start doing that till '94.

At its best though, It's like settling in for a pint with the guy while he tells you stories about the old days.
27th January 2008 07:48 PM
LadyJane I hear it's selling for 4.95 at Barnes and Noble.

LJ.
28th January 2008 01:15 PM
glencar It's certainly a fast read and quite entertaining. For $4.95, I'd be buying it if I didn't have it already.
28th January 2008 08:05 PM
TomL But It Is History. Boy would I fit right in with his family, especially in the early days.
28th January 2008 08:32 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I see a pee pee and I want it painted black!

Oh fucking hell...LMAO!
28th January 2008 09:25 PM
glencar
quote:
TomL wrote:
But It Is History. Boy would I fit right in with his family, especially in the early days.

His early family days shows that whilst it's nice to have money, other things are MUCH more valuable.
28th January 2008 09:55 PM
SweetVirginia I have Ronnie's book but haven't read it yet. I'm reading Slash's book now. It's great.
28th January 2008 09:57 PM
LadyJane
quote:
glencar wrote:
His early family days shows that whilst it's nice to have money, other things are MUCH more valuable.

So far my FAVORITE part of the book is that Ronnie has a recreation of the "family Bar" on his Estate in Ireland.

I hope to drink there.

Cheers to family,
LJ.
31st January 2008 04:09 PM
IrelandCalling4
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
I have Ronnie's book but haven't read it yet. I'm reading Slash's book now. It's great.

Same here, I think Slash's book is brilliant,

Wasn't sure what to expect but it is well written, irreverent, a quality look at the G'N'R machine and surprisingly, he doesn't drag Axl over the coals as everyone expected^ A lot of people thought a Slash book would be nothing but an "It's all Axl's Fault" rant, but it is something very different. Rude and entertaining, just like the man himself.

(Can't wait to see him and VR in Dublin's 1,000 capacity 'Ambassador' theatre in March!!
31st January 2008 06:41 PM
TomL I loved the book, great humor. I picked up a small roller the other day. They said it was for trim.
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)