ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

"Shine a Light" World Premier
The 58th Berlinale International Film Festival - February 7, 2008
© Andreas Fechner with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Leonard Cohen to tour for first time since 1993 (NSC) Return to archive
23rd January 2008 08:26 AM
Gazza

Leonard Cohen To Tour: “Every so often you do have that itch.”

Fred Mills
January 22, 2008

Last year, in the June issue of HARP, Leonard Cohen disclosed that he was working on a new album and that upon its completion he would strongly consider going out on tour again. “Yes, yes,” Cohen told HARP. “I haven’t been out since ’93. The years went by and I thought ‘I’ll never go out again.’ But every so often you do have that itch. You’ve heard that saying in rock ‘n’ roll, they don’t pay you to sing, they pay you to travel.

“But you forget about that stuff. The actual concerts are always compelling. If you’ve got good musicians, and you’re playing, and people know the songs, and they want to hear them live, it is a wonderful thing. And so I’m drawn to that.”

Now comes this information, from the LeonardCohenForum.com:

SUBJECT: Leonard Cohen: Tour 2008

The following advance notice is posted with Leonard's permission.

Leonard Cohen will be touring with his band in
Canada and US in May and in Europe in the summer.
More details will be announced in February.

With Cohen finishing up his album for a 2008 release, most likely the tour will coincide with the as-yet-untitled record—his first tour in 15 years.

Naturally internet forums and music news websites went into overdrive when word got out about the Cohen tour. One interesting commentary came by way of the Uncut magazine, which speculated that “Cohen’s financial situation could be behind the decision to tour – Cohen has accused his business manager Kelley Lynch of defrauding him of $5million. However, there has as yet been no word on the matter from Cohen or his associates.”

Regardless, this year promises to elevate the bard’s profile even higher when he’s inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in March.

www.harpmagazine.com
23rd January 2008 09:17 AM
~Cocaine Eyes~ Great news. Last time I saw him was at Toronto's Massey Hall.
25th January 2008 12:09 AM
Brainbell Jangler Great news indeed. Leonard Cohen is one of the great artists of our time. His debut album is essential.

It also says a lot about the Rolling Stones and their fans that a Stones board master would announce Leonard's tour on this board. As I've said before, one of the greatest things about our favorite band is that they attract such a wide variety of people. It's hard to imagine much interest in Leonard Cohen on an AC/DC board, for instance.
25th January 2008 12:52 AM
Egbert

Barzini is dead. So is Phillip Tattallgia. Moe Green. Slacci. Cuneo. Today I settled all family business so don't tell me that you're innocent. Admit what you did.
25th January 2008 01:30 AM
Egbert

Yes, it's safe, it's very safe, it's so safe you wouldn't believe it.
25th January 2008 04:19 AM
GimmeExile Give me a Leonard Cohen afterworld
So I can sigh eternally

25th January 2008 08:47 AM
Gazza
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
It also says a lot about the Rolling Stones and their fans that a Stones board master would announce Leonard's tour on this board. As I've said before, one of the greatest things about our favorite band is that they attract such a wide variety of people. It's hard to imagine much interest in Leonard Cohen on an AC/DC board, for instance.

It only seems to be an issue with some if you mention an artist who actually sells more than the Stones do. A sort of absurd penis-envy thing.

Laughin' Len is one of my favourite artists. Never seen him in concert, but his live shows are really good. Which definitely goes against the stereotype a lot of people have of him. Hopefully he'll play somewhere near here this summer.
25th January 2008 09:24 AM
Erik_Snow I'm hoping to catch a show with Leonard, as well.
Love his albums...well not the 2 last ones, but all the others.
27th January 2008 01:12 PM
Factory Girl I'd like to check him out live even though I'm not familiar with his music.

I'm intrigued.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)