ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© 1981 Stand still from LSTNT
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPA—OL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: NYers ~ Feb 23rd ~ SAVE THE DATE! Return to archive
1st February 2007 03:06 PM
Saint Sway Heads up if you live in the NYC area.... Feb 23rd will be a special night of Stones music

more details tk shortly....
1st February 2007 03:11 PM
pdog Patience or Beef With Broccoli?
1st February 2007 03:58 PM
luxury1 OH, I got all excited. I thought QueenBee had~~ returned~~
1st February 2007 04:07 PM
pdog Should I book a flight?
1st February 2007 04:20 PM
Bitch I'm available, but wtf are you talking about? A gig?
1st February 2007 04:26 PM
Gazza press conference for the "Bollocks to Europe - Lets Milk The Rich Yanks Again" Tour?
1st February 2007 04:29 PM
GotToRollMe Come on, Sway...spill, will ya?

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
1st February 2007 04:29 PM
pdog
quote:
Gazza wrote:
press conference for the "Bollocks to Europe - Lets Milk The Rich Yanks Again" Tour?

I'm ready to spend $10k for a first 30 row ticket in some European football stadium....
1st February 2007 05:27 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Bitch wrote:
I'm available, but wtf are you talking about? A gig?

yes a gig. With some of the best rockin NYC bands playing Stones all night.
"A TRIBUTE TO EXILE ON MAIN STREET"

list of bands tk shortly...

quote:
pdog wrote:
Should I book a flight?

Definately not flight worthy. But one of your fav's The Izzy's are on the bill!! I'll send you a boot.
1st February 2007 05:32 PM
fireontheplatter

I'm ready to spend $10k for a first 30 row ticket in some European football stadium....
[/quote]

i'll be your friend
1st February 2007 07:33 PM
glencar Sway, I'll be there but I must know ASAP!
2nd February 2007 10:36 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
Sway, I'll be there but I must know ASAP!

Hell yeah!!! We'll rock hard!!! Its gonna be a blast!

heres the deal...

the evening is a tribute to EXILE ON MAIN STREET!!!! with each band performing a song or two off the record. Every tune will be played. Its being held at Galapagos in Brooklyn.

some of the most killer kick ass NYC R&R bands have already committed. And if the last "tribute night" my friend threw at Galapagos - The Gram Parsons Tribute - is any indication, then this will be an amazing evening with really talented artists coming out to pay tribute.

so heres the details so far... more band info tk...

Friday, February 23, 2007
at Galapagos
"Exile on Main Night" Tribute Night
Brooklyn, NY
First band goes on at 7pm. Goes till ???

heres some of the acts already signed up...
Radio Silent
Fourteen Feet
Alan Lee & the Wicked Messengers!!!
Lonesome Prairie Dogs!!!
THE IZZYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE NEW HEATHENS!!!!!!!!!!!
Spanking Charlene!!!!!!
Red Rooster
Early Grace
Mike Hunt!!
3rd February 2007 09:47 AM
JuanTCB Sweet! Galapagos is right down the street from me. I missed the Gram tribute but will definitely check this out.

Sway - is this organized by the Losers Lounge guys or is it something else entirely? Are you involved with it at all?
3rd February 2007 01:00 PM
*ginda
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
OH, I got all excited. I thought QueenBee had~~ returned~~

~AzQb should have a patent on the squiggly. ItReAllYdOesBeLoNg to her.
4th February 2007 12:18 AM
Bitch Mike Hunt band plays the entire Exile album, in order. Very cool female MICK & Keef, not your typical tribute band. Yea they rock and roll.
5th February 2007 02:46 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Bitch wrote:
Mike Hunt band plays the entire Exile album, in order. Very cool female MICK & Keef, not your typical tribute band. Yea they rock and roll.

Hell yeah! Tammy Faye Starlight is a trip!!

--------------

Q&A: Tammy Faye Starlite

By Bob Powers

Miss Tammy Faye Starlite

As I write this, it is appropriate that I have just awoken from a slightly unpleasant Tylenol PM-induced afternoon coma. Not the best way to fight a flu. But then Miss Tammy Faye Starlite is no stranger to chemical recklessness herself, a fact made evident on "Godís a Hard Habit To Break," her song about trading drugs for Jesus.

That track can be found on the 1999 EP On My Knees, a merciless sendup of country music, Christian fundamentalism and anything else that might be fodder for sacrilege. Self-proclaimed "Musicianaries," Tammy and her band the Angels of Mercy tour the country "converting" her Jewish fans to the way of Christ in between playing blessful favorites like "If Youíre Cominí Down Sweet Jesus (Wonít You Come All Over Me)" and the weary womanís anthem "Did I Shave My Vagina For This?"

It was always clear that Tammy loved the country music she so joyfully mocked. And on her upcoming full-length, Used Country Female (no label), sheís finally pulled her tongue out of her cheek. The satire of the EP is mixed in with several soulful, sincere country-blues allegories of women (usually biblical) gone astray.

Why do I always get so drunk at your shows?

Well, perhaps itís because the spirit of Jesus is pouring into you. Itís like a liquor and it makes you excited and it lubricates your loins and your brain. And itís the sensation of being drunk without the actual sin.

So the seven pints of Sierra Nevada have nothing to do with it?

No, not at all.

Youíve conquered all of your vices, right?

Oh yes. I was addicted, as you probably know, to several things. Demerol, Percocet, Dexedrine, morphine, Vicodin, just like Mr. Matthew Perry, who Iím a big fan of. Big fan of Mr. Perry. (She sips her tea.)

A little bit of ether. Um, St. Johnís wort. Which isnít a wart at all. I did not receive any warts from that, it made me very happy. But not as happy as special K. Love special K. Because itís got vitamins and minerals.

You say that in the present tense. "Love special K."

Yes, because now itís prescribed to me. Like I have ecstasy prescribed. By a real doctor.

You would like for all who hear you to take Jesus inside themselves. You donít want to keep him all to yourself?

No, I love to share, because I know he loves me the best of all.

Would you share him with Amy Grant?

As Iíve often said, Amy Grant, bless her heart, is a motherfuckiní cunt bitch. And she also has a big hairy bush, like her curly hair. And Jesus likes it when youíre clean-shaven and smooth, smooth as velour, which I believe is the richest fabric.

Would Jesus turn her away?

Oh yes. Oh yes. Because she stinks down there. She smells like, I hate to say it but itís the truth, she smells like 9/11.

When you front your Rolling Stones cover band, the Mike Hunt Band, youíre Mick Jagger. Do you find something in Mick Jaggerís lyrics that maybe echoes in your mission?

Most definitely. The Mick Jagger lyrics that I feel are most closely associated with my mission and that I feel a real affinity toward are from the song "When the Whip Comes Down." And the line is, "When the shit hits the fan Iíll be sittiní on the can/When the whip comes down." I feel that that lyric exemplifies my mission even more than the Ten Commandments.
5th February 2007 02:54 PM
Some Guy
quote:
pdog wrote:
Should I book a flight?

Voodoopugs have not yet signed on to headline.
5th February 2007 03:20 PM
Saint Sway on Saturday night The Izzy's debut some new songs from their next album - its gonna be the kick-ass feel good record of '07!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)