ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Philips Arena, Atlanta, GA - February 8, 2006
© Kimberly Smith!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones deliver the goods at the Superbowl!!!! Return to archive
February 5th, 2006 11:08 PM
Poison Dart The Stones were spectacular at the Superbowl tonight. A rough and raw perfomance in front of a billion people tonight.

Gone was the over the top MTV dance shit (Aerosmith,J.Timberlake,Britney Spears) and in it's place was the greatest rock and roll band of all time ripping through a live set that was electric.

What else could Stones fans want?
February 5th, 2006 11:11 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
The Stones were spectacular at the Superbowl tonight. A rough and raw perfomance in front of a billion people tonight.

Gone was the over the top MTV dance shit (Aerosmith,J.Timberlake,Britney Spears) and in it's place was the greatest rock and roll band of all time ripping through a live set that was electric.

What else could Stones fans want?

my biggest fear was seeing a host of guest vocalists joining them onstage...thankfully they pulled it off brilliantly!

Sadly, they did use vocalists to fatten up the choruses and kept them hidden from view
February 5th, 2006 11:20 PM
Poison Dart In 1962 would would have thought that the the Rolling Stones would be playing to a worldwide audience of 1 billion people. And then later that same week be playing to a concert audience of 1.5 million people in the year 2006?

On top of having the biggest money making tour of all time and a global number one album that was their biggest critical success in years in the year 2005-2006.

There will NEVER be another Rolling Stones. They continue to amaze me
February 5th, 2006 11:22 PM
glencar 1.5 million? Is Rio that soon?
February 5th, 2006 11:29 PM
rogerriffin
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
Sadly, they did use vocalists to fatten up the choruses and kept them hidden from view

Voodoopug, i think that you dont hear that the chorus was made by Chuck.
February 5th, 2006 11:45 PM
voodoopug
quote:
rogerriffin wrote:

Voodoopug, i think that you dont hear that the chorus was made by Chuck.

it has been confirmed on Shidoobee that during rehearsals backing vocalists were used and kept out of sight
February 5th, 2006 11:47 PM
glencar I hear they had Blondie Chaplin in a freezer near the kitchen. He still might be there!
February 6th, 2006 12:35 AM
the good I'm depressed. I thought the Stones were fucking awesome tonight, and they are getting no credit for it in the mainstream media. There is no truth or justice in the world...
February 6th, 2006 12:38 AM
GimmeExile I liked the raw guitar mix tonight. I wish it sounded that raw the whole tour.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)