ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Philips Arena, Atlanta, GA - February 8, 2006
© Kimberly Smith!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: How many shows all-time have they performed? Return to archive
February 5th, 2006 06:48 PM
atlantamoi Sitting here watching the Super Bowl with my father and he was wondering how many shows the Stones have performed in their career. I know I can go check on old set lists, but what would be a good guess for the amount of concerts they've performed?
February 5th, 2006 07:01 PM
Gazza they will reach 2,000 during the latter stages of this current tour

By my calculations, at the end of the Licks Tour they had performed EXACTLY 1,900 shows (I may be one or two out either way - I aim to re-check that list soon)

see here :

http://rocksoff.org/songsybyy.htm

(theres a typo or two in there..in 1990 they played 55 shows, not 45)

Amazingly, almost 900 of that total had already been performed by the end of 1965, with 322 performed in 1964 alone, which is basically an equivalent to 3 world tours.

[Edited by Gazza]
February 5th, 2006 07:14 PM
Mel Belli I recall Ronnie saying on the "25 x 5" documentary that, as Picasso produced a painting for every day of his life, so might the Stones play a gig for every day of theirs.

When you actually think about it, that's some, er, fuzzy math.
February 5th, 2006 07:21 PM
Gazza Ronnie, to his credit, always has some ideas which are nice in theory (remember his statement at the start of the last tour that there would be a studio album by the end of it and the Stones would aim to make a new one every 18 months or so? And the talk about playing an entire album in a theatre show on the same tour? Plus his plans last year to play a Drury Lane show with friends every month and that "You Sing It, I'll Strum It" album he's been talking about doing with Rod Stewart for over a decade)

Unfortunately, it seems that of all the Stones, he has the least input in band decisions, even though as far as fans are concerned, they're often the most appealing.
February 5th, 2006 07:34 PM
atlantamoi Thanks for the info. Interesting. Especially the part about how much was done pre-mid-60's.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)