ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Philips Arena, Atlanta, GA - February 8, 2006
© Kimberly Smith!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Great clip of Howlin Wolf with Brian and Mick Return to archive
February 4th, 2006 12:03 PM
ehellweg hello
here's an awesome clip of howlin wolf from a brit tv show in 1965, introduced by brian jones and mick jagger. brian tells mick to shut up!
great stuff, and tons more available on youtube.

http://youtube.com/w/Howlin%27-Wolf---How-Many-More-Times?v=vRkKwAXybls&search=howlin%20wolf
February 4th, 2006 12:33 PM
PolkSalad thanks, Wolf was the greatest. think I'll go visit his grave today.
February 4th, 2006 12:35 PM
glencar Is BJ telling Mick to shut up or the host?
February 4th, 2006 01:27 PM
Water Dragon He's telling the host to shut it!~
February 4th, 2006 11:58 PM
Child of the Moon Yes, he's telling host Jack Good (aka "Howlin'" Jack Good) to shut up. According to Wyman, Good asked Wolf if he'd rather be referred to as "Wolf" or "Howling."

Back in the day, Brian and Jack had a kind of run-in when Brian criticized Good's classification of blues and r&b versus rock and roll, via a letter published in an early '60's music paper.
February 5th, 2006 12:12 AM
Bloozehound man, this utube shit is the cadillac of boot freeloaderism

been listening to a bunch of live 'Wolf for the past month

anyone know if theres any good boots of the wolf for d/l out on the boot sites now

been searching for shit, but nada
February 5th, 2006 10:38 AM
FPM C10
quote:
ehellweg wrote:
hello
here's an awesome clip of howlin wolf from a brit tv show in 1965, introduced by brian jones and mick jagger. brian tells mick to shut up!

It was an American show, wasn't it? Shindig? And, as pointed out, he tells the host to shut up.

When I was at Chess Studio in 1999 Willie Dixon's daughter showed me the harp Wolf played that day. It was flat from Wolf keeping it in his back pocket and sitting on it, and it had an aura much like I would imagine the Holy Grail having. Mrs. Burnett had donated it to the studio.

In that clip Brian looks like he's going to pee himself with excitement. I can't see it - is the whole song there? Everytime I've seen that clip, on 25x5 or Bill Wyman's Blues Odyssey, someone talks over half of it - I've never seen the entire song uninterrupted.

I think that event- Howlin' Wolf playing on Shindig under the auspices of the Rolling Stones - is the most important event in the history of music,in many ways. Music as I know it, anyway. Up there with Dylan going electric and turning the Beatles on to pot.
February 5th, 2006 11:54 PM
glencar The whole song is there. Wolf walks off as the song ends.
February 6th, 2006 01:08 AM
stonedinaustralia

i always thought brian's remarks were directed at Mick - after all mick is the one speaking when brian interjects

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
February 6th, 2006 01:26 AM
Taptrick
I can't make it out clearly but I've seen it before and I have never taken it as directed as Mick....in fact I used to thin it was "...we shut up and..."

Besides, it wouldn't make sense for brian to have been that aggressive towards Mick and then lost the ability.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)