ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Philips Arena, Atlanta, GA - February 8, 2006
© Kimberly Smith!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ronnie Header Return to archive Page: 1 2
February 3rd, 2006 09:19 PM
exile man...Ronnie is not looking too well up there.
February 3rd, 2006 09:32 PM
pdog Strung out, like some Xmas lights...
February 3rd, 2006 10:27 PM
lotsajizz he needs support...and christ knows Keith does not give him any...Woodie is fighting a tough battle here, a battle that statistically speaking some of us will also face, have some sympathy for the man and hope he can keep the demons at bay
February 3rd, 2006 10:40 PM
glencar Did he answer any questions?
February 3rd, 2006 10:50 PM
pdog
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
he needs support...and christ knows Keith does not give him any...Woodie is fighting a tough battle here, a battle that statistically speaking some of us will also face, have some sympathy for the man and hope he can keep the demons at bay

Since I'm in the battle already, do I get special privilage to say what I feel, or should I just keep selling Ronnie cocaine?
February 3rd, 2006 11:24 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
February 4th, 2006 12:19 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
glencar wrote:
Did he answer any questions?

He held a wireless mike the whole time
but did not say a word.

Chsrlie didn't even hold a mike.

February 4th, 2006 12:23 AM
sirmoonie Fucking guy is 60 years old - he looks fine.

Rough life the fucking guy has - partying round the world, playing shows with the Rolling Stones, jesus fucking christ this board sometimes......
February 4th, 2006 01:00 AM
Flairville Bless him. Keep fighting Ron.
February 4th, 2006 01:03 AM
the good I don't think he looks well either, but he could just be tired or nervous or something. Probably no big deal.
February 4th, 2006 01:30 AM
sirmoonie Bless him. I will pray for him. May he rest in peace. Lord willing.
February 4th, 2006 06:03 AM
exile dont get me wrong Im a big fan of Ronnies...Im just worried his health isnt too good he looks a little sick thats all.
February 4th, 2006 06:05 AM
Slavegirl That picture made me sad too. His eyes are all glassy and he looks really pale. But the real question is- do you guys think that's a wig?? Or should we refrain from thinking about that stuff? I know Mick still has his real hair and Keith too- you can tell by it's consistency. But Ronnie's hair looks a little plastered on like a wig or something. Hmmmm...God why do I feel like a total bitch right now?
February 4th, 2006 09:33 AM
Mathijs Unfortunately, he looks like he plays.

Mathijs
February 4th, 2006 09:38 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
Unfortunately, he looks like he plays.

Mathijs

Nice
February 4th, 2006 09:49 AM
Nellcote We All Get Old

Maybe I mind (or" maybe I'm right")
And you're wrong it doesn't matter
In the course of our lifetimes
You'll surely start running away
We'll wait and see about that

But if you don't stay with me, baby
Well, if you don't stay with me baby
I'll be right there in your mirror
When you get old
And we all get old

Time washes it in
And the high tide takes it out again
I've seen you trying to bail out
Trying to cast your stone
I seen you trying to flag that cab

But if you don't stay with me, darling
If you don't stay with me baby
I'll be right there in your mirror
When you get old
And we all get old

I may not like to be rushed (?)
And I don't like to be hurt (cursed? purged?)
And you I don't like to be turned into anything
Why don't you keep my phone number in mind
Why don't you keep my phone number in mind
For I'll be right there in your mirror
When we get old
And we all get old

Too bad some of you have found the Fountain of Youth, to be so critical. Ronnie looks just fine.
[Edited by Nellcote]
February 4th, 2006 11:01 AM
J.J.Flash Thankfully, at least to my eyes (imhFo), he seemed like a mature man that learned a lot with his own experiences, that lived a lot and pretty conscious of what he has been in the past 40 years of R'n'R.

Hey Mathijs, although I still really consider myself a "Taylorette", while I recognize how important and unique the role of Taylor to the Stones title of "Greatest R'n'R band in the World", no one can deny how badly Taylor is playing nowadays. To me, Ronnie screwed his playing a lot post 80's, but no doubt, I would rather listen to Ronnie soloing on CYHMK (see Four Flicks) than Taylor. His hamburguer addiction concerns me way more, compared to whatever the hell Ronnie is doing.
February 4th, 2006 11:47 AM
the good
quote:
Slavegirl wrote:
That picture made me sad too. His eyes are all glassy and he looks really pale. But the real question is- do you guys think that's a wig?? Or should we refrain from thinking about that stuff? I know Mick still has his real hair and Keith too- you can tell by it's consistency. But Ronnie's hair looks a little plastered on like a wig or something. Hmmmm...God why do I feel like a total bitch right now?

That isn't a wig. He just has abnormally thick hair for a man his age.
February 4th, 2006 11:56 AM
gimmekeef I can only hope I look that good..if I make it 60!..He's fine....
February 4th, 2006 12:07 PM
speedfreakjive I think he looks cool.
February 4th, 2006 12:58 PM
PeerQueer The man is tired - real tired.

Other than that, he's looking just fine.

...He's thinking about the 2007-2008 tour with Rod.
February 4th, 2006 01:02 PM
glencar You know what though? He still looks better 'n Macca!
February 4th, 2006 01:33 PM
winter At the risk of fully alienated myself from this Board, I say - most of you don't deserve this band.

It is absolutely remarkable that the Stones are still doing what they are doing into their 60s. But for many of you, it isn't good enough. Fuck, I sometimes wonder if this an anti-stones site. You criticize or mock their set lists, their clothes, the ticket prices, the new album, their playing, and even their addictions. Guess what, it ain't 1971 and they ain't in their 20s / 30s anymore, so get over it.

It could be much worse you know, name me one of their contemporaries who is even in the same leauge as the Stones. Macca, with his man-tits, I don't think so. Pedaphile Pete and the Who, not even close. Dylan, still cool, but that's apples to oranges. Who else is even still out there?

And judging by the pictures of some of you here, it should be a requirement on this site that you look into a mirror before criticizing anyone in this Band's appearance. Shit, I hope I look 1/2 as good as Mick, Charlie or Ronnie at that age. And Keith is Keith with his own mystical charm. These guys are 60+ years old and still cool.

I think Ronnie looks pretty damn good PERIOD! I think he looks superhuman for someone who has lived 40 years of RnR.

But since we're on the topic, maybe the reason for his appearance in this photo is that he had just logged onto this site and realized how many assholes there out there who call themselves fans of the Stones.

For those of you who were expressing sympathy for Ronnie, this is not directed at you.

wintah
February 4th, 2006 03:02 PM
Mel Belli He looks like Al Pacino's sister.
February 4th, 2006 04:15 PM
PeerQueer
quote:
winter wrote:
At the risk of fully alienated myself from this Board, I say - most of you don't deserve this band.

It is absolutely remarkable that the Stones are still doing what they are doing into their 60s. But for many of you, it isn't good enough. Fuck, I sometimes wonder if this an anti-stones site. You criticize or mock their set lists, their clothes, the ticket prices, the new album, their playing, and even their addictions. Guess what, it ain't 1971 and they ain't in their 20s / 30s anymore, so get over it.

It could be much worse you know, name me one of their contemporaries who is even in the same leauge as the Stones. Macca, with his man-tits, I don't think so. Pedaphile Pete and the Who, not even close. Dylan, still cool, but that's apples to oranges. Who else is even still out there?

And judging by the pictures of some of you here, it should be a requirement on this site that you look into a mirror before criticizing anyone in this Band's appearance. Shit, I hope I look 1/2 as good as Mick, Charlie or Ronnie at that age. And Keith is Keith with his own mystical charm. These guys are 60+ years old and still cool.

I think Ronnie looks pretty damn good PERIOD! I think he looks superhuman for someone who has lived 40 years of RnR.

But since we're on the topic, maybe the reason for his appearance in this photo is that he had just logged onto this site and realized how many assholes there out there who call themselves fans of the Stones.

For those of you who were expressing sympathy for Ronnie, this is not directed at you.

wintah

Amen Brother Wintah!

I agree 100%
February 4th, 2006 04:17 PM
Ihavelotsajam He looks like he always does.
February 4th, 2006 05:26 PM
deuce He looks cool as hell
February 4th, 2006 05:49 PM
Navin
Ronnie Wood - Take a look at the Guy:

He is the "original Black Crow"

or maybe the "Dead Black Crow bluesman"
February 4th, 2006 08:36 PM
the good
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
He looks like Al Pacino's sister.

LOL!
February 4th, 2006 09:06 PM
BILL PERKS HE LOOKS FANTASTIC FOR A MAN 59 YEARS OLD..I'VE SEEN THE PICS OF A LOT OF YOU AND HE'S GOT IT ALL OVER YOU..EXCEPT GYPSY..I MEAN , HOW OLD IS SIR STONESALOT? AND LOOK AT HIM-
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)