ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Philips Arena, Atlanta, GA - February 8, 2006
© Kimberly Smith!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rolling Stones 2006 Australian Tour Return to archive Page: 1 2
February 3rd, 2006 01:48 PM
Sir Stonesalot This ain't gonna help matters....

Australia at Risk of a Bed Bug 'Pandemic'

Friday, February 3, 2006
SYDNEY, Australia - Planning a vacation to Australia? Consider bringing your own bedsheets. Pest control operators have reported a 1,000 percent increase over the last four years in the number of bed bug infestations reported and treated, according to Stephen Doggett, a head scientist with the Department of Medical Entomology at Sydney's Westmead hospital.

Doggett said Australia and other countries are at risk of a "worldwide pandemic" of bed bugs, due largely to an increase in the number of tourists arriving from developing countries where the biting bugs are common.

"Bed bugs have been an ongoing problem in Third World nations and so it's likely that, just because of the huge amount of people movement, there's been a great opportunity for bed bugs to be carried round the world," Doggett said.

He said a number of hotels and backpacker hostels have been forced to temporarily close to eradicate the pests.

But Peta Irvine from the Australian Hotels Association said labeling the problem a pandemic was an exaggeration.

"I think that's probably overstating the situation," Irvine said. "Certainly we have had incidents of them in hotels in Australia and hotels have been really proactive in addressing the problem," she added.

"Unless you start screening people at the borders and start screening their clothing and baggage, you can't stop them coming in," Irvine said.

February 3rd, 2006 06:14 PM
Daethgod man whats going on
todays Herald Sun (Sat) page 26 has a column by Peter Coster where he says " ...when the Stones play Flemington in April I will be on the rails .."

so are they coming or what ?!

I was just starting to come to terms with no tour and get on with my life..

: P

February 3rd, 2006 06:15 PM
glencar They'll be there. Bet on it.
February 3rd, 2006 06:23 PM
Daethgod 3/22/06 Tokyo Rolling Stones
3/24/06 Tokyo Rolling Stones
3/28/06 Sapporo Rolling Stones
3/30/06 Sendai Rolling Stones
4/2/06 Saitaiha Rolling Stones
4/5/06 Nagoya Rolling Stones
4/8/06 Shanghai Rolling Stones

looks like Shangai is locked in for April 8.
is that good/bad for us Aussies ?

February 3rd, 2006 06:46 PM
Gazza There is now talk of a show in Shanghai on April 8th (a few days after the end of the Japanese tour). I would be amazed if they only did one show in China so I think you can count on a couple at least

Bjornulf has now mentioned on IORR that it seems the Stones have asked to book the 7,000 capacity Blaisdall Arena in Honolulu for a few nights in the final week of April. After that, there will be a break until the European tour starts on May 27th.

(Typical if its true, the Stones choose a remote island in the middle of the Pacific to play a few exclusive smaller shows! Even if it IS $50 a ticket, it'll cost everyone a bomb to fly to it!)

Anyway, point being that that leaves a SMALL window for a couple of Australian shows in mid-April if they choose to go there.

They're running short of time to sell the bloody tickets, though!
[Edited by Gazza]
February 3rd, 2006 06:58 PM
Daethgod yer wish they would just put us out of misery and say yes or no.

fricken promoters, they must KNOW by now whats going on ...hotels, venues, drivers, crew etc have to be at least 'put on hold'.

February 3rd, 2006 07:00 PM
glencar Face it, it's time for a 5 month binge. You guys are fucked.
February 3rd, 2006 07:02 PM
Daethgod i still got hope baby

expecting a call from someone who 'should' know something solid sometime today

February 3rd, 2006 07:05 PM
glencar Tell us ASAP. I'd still like to get Down Under although it's more likely to be October/November at this point.
February 3rd, 2006 07:06 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Face it, it's time for a 5 month binge. You guys are fucked.

you were so optimistic only 45 minutes earlier!
February 3rd, 2006 07:06 PM
glencar I'm moody today. To much Saint Sway/speedfreakjive nonsense...
February 3rd, 2006 07:10 PM
pdog
quote:
Gazza wrote:

it seems the Stones have asked to book the 7,000 capacity Blaisdall Arena in Honolulu for a few nights in the final week of April. After that, there will be a break until the European tour starts on May 27th.

Interesting, I've still never been to Haiwaii...
Honey... Can we go to Haiwaii?
February 3rd, 2006 07:27 PM
Daethgod just heard it looks solid as :

2 shows in NZ and 2 shows in Sydney

announcement soon (yer right)

February 3rd, 2006 07:32 PM
Gazza excellent!
February 3rd, 2006 08:13 PM
pdog
quote:
Daethgod wrote:
just heard it looks solid as :

announcement soon (yer right)

I've also never been down under...
February 3rd, 2006 08:31 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

Interesting, I've still never been to Haiwaii...
Honey... Can we go to Haiwaii?

It'd be easier for you than many others...
February 3rd, 2006 09:16 PM
exile
quote:
Daethgod wrote:
just heard it looks solid as :

Is that dead set? I hope so. They should really announce it soon.
February 3rd, 2006 09:42 PM
Daethgod well my contact , who is on tour with the Stones now in US, seems certain that it is going to happen.
2 shows Sydney
2 shows NZ

too much arsing about in Melb for any shows

announcement HAS to be soon

February 4th, 2006 06:08 AM
exile us aussie have been patiently waiting while all of the yanks have been partying it up at stones shows

sniff sniff Its just not fair.
February 4th, 2006 10:27 AM
glencar You were on a 2 month binge!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)