ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Philips Arena, Atlanta, GA - February 8, 2006
© Kimberly Smith!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rolling Stones 2006 Australian Tour Return to archive Page: 1 2
February 1st, 2006 11:48 PM
exile I am back on computer after enjoying a well earnt 2 month break.

Is there any news on the Australian leg of the tour yet?

I'm still recovering from a 2 month drinking binge.

saw Iggy and the Stooges and White stripes at the "big day out" and saw a band some of you non aussies should check out which blew me away "The Beasts of Bourbon" they are really good. Iggy was the best on whole day and made younger bands look like they were the old men, the intensity and engery of his performance left me in awe.

anyway hanging to see the Stones now. When is the fucking tour
February 1st, 2006 11:50 PM
pdog Australlia at least deserves to be "Omaha'ed" !!!
February 2nd, 2006 12:00 AM
speedfreakjive Last I heard from Daethgod & Stonedinaustralia was that they weren't going to tour OZ.
February 2nd, 2006 12:26 AM
stonedinaustralia exile - while there are lots of half assed rumours and daethgod is virtually trying to make it happen by force of will the reality is a tour here is not going to happen

as someone pointed out the only "window" to tour is a two week stretch which encompasses the Easter long weekend in April

so with just over two months til then and no definite word and certainly no venues booked the whole thing looks like a very very long long shot

never say never as they say and the opera aint over 'til the fat lady sings but it seems she has done her warm up exercises and is waiting in the wings and will hit the stage at any moment

i think that N.Z. gig is still on (check IORR) that may be your best opportunity

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
February 2nd, 2006 12:27 AM
pdog You can always hope for next year after they return to the USA in the fall...
February 2nd, 2006 12:59 AM
exile oh dear ---- that does not sound too promising

still tickets when on sale late for last tour (licks)
we got our enmore tix in december and they toured in feb. so there is still an outside chance.

that would be a travesty if they tour NZ and not here. we would never live that down.
February 2nd, 2006 01:43 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
exile wrote:

still tickets when on sale late for last tour (licks)
we got our enmore tix in december and they toured in feb. so there is still an outside chance.

but exile that's the time difference between ticket sales and the shows - in '03 i think we knew almost from the start of the Licks tour in the States that they were definitely coming here - so the time gap between announcement of the tour and the shows was quite a lot longer

to me the venue issue is the clincher - these things are booked along time ahead in order that the relevant insurance, catering, hotel rooms for the entire touring party,merchandising and the logistics of other associated stuff can be organized in time

with, it seems, no venues booked at this stage it's just too late to get everything organized

i mean if it was just the band and two roadies blowing into town in a tarago and a Ford transit van to play down at the local hotel then, yeah, there would still be time to get it together - but the stones on the road is a lumbering behemoth which must have the many details of the visit well nailed down months before they arrive

as i've said before i don't want to be the doom and gloom merchant but that's my view from a practical perspective

February 2nd, 2006 03:49 AM
exile I see what you mean : ( .... what about all that I read in the paper about Aussie Stadium, Sydney in April etc etc

well Im still hoping
February 2nd, 2006 05:44 AM
Daethgod i still think the boys will hit Oz

worst case scenario - 2 shows in Sydney

best, shows in Sydney, Melb, maybe even Bris.

Flemington and even Calder park are still rumoured for Melb
best thing is the band hasnt said no yet ..
but i wish someone would say something !

February 2nd, 2006 05:57 AM
RSRTG I'm with you Daethgod, I got a feeling we'll see them here. If they play N.Z. they will come here....here's hoping anywayz.
February 2nd, 2006 05:59 AM
Jumacfly I pray for you my Aussies pals!!
you deserve it!!
oh, and those australians shows of 73....delicious!!
February 2nd, 2006 06:33 AM
Daethgod just got email from my EMI dude

still no news ...

February 2nd, 2006 06:41 AM
Daethgod iorr.org has Arena shows in Honolulu (shows after Aus)
maybe we could still get an Arena run ...

from iorr.org :
Apr (multiple shows)2006 Blaisdell Arena Honolulu Hawaii 7,000 RUMOURED

February 2nd, 2006 07:08 AM
corgi37 Save your money. They aint coming. I can feel it now. Deep in my fragile bones. I cant for the life of me figure out why they cant nail down a venue for Melb. Big Day Out played at Princes Park with rave revues about facilities. But, and this really pisses me off, why have they waited so long? I've said this before, and i'll repeat it. I'd say the figures dont stack up. Combine the footy memberships, U2 and Commonwealth Games, add in the lack of venue due to footy, and i bet Dainty cant get the figures to add up without taking a huge loss, or asking really, really stupid prices for tickets.

Vl tour was something like Dec sale for March shows. Licks was indeed as Exile says. But, this is different. They got right on 2 months. I'd say if no announcement by end of next week, then back it in they aint coming.

To be honest, i dont really care. The novelty has worn off. If they come, fine. If not, fuck them and all their children. I know i should be deeply distressed, but for some reason, i aint. ANd, you know why? Because they are treating us like 3rd rate fans. For fucks sake, most of Europe is on sale! They are treating us with contempt. Thinking "We'll just lob there, and people will come". Well, guess what? I dont think people will. I feel no buzz for a tour by them. There was fuck all buzz over the album too.

Mind you, i can still go to N.Z.

P.S. Exile - Did you get the dvd's?
[Edited by corgi37]
February 2nd, 2006 07:08 AM
Gazza that Hawaii show has been up there for months and still isnt confirmed. I'd be surprised if it happens

If they are going to go all the way to NZ, theres NO way they're going to skip Australia. It would make as much sense as someone crossing the world to play Ireland and skipping England and everywhere else in Europe.

Worst case scenario is that maybe you (and the Kiwis) will have to wait until later in the year due to the problems with getting suitable venues in Australia in April but hopefully you'll get something announced very soon. As Corgi says, they'd need to be fucking quick - unless theyre just playing arenas
[Edited by Gazza]
February 2nd, 2006 12:15 PM
Dan Do you know if the Stooges or Beasts Of Bourbon sets were broadcast on TV at all?
February 2nd, 2006 12:23 PM
glencar 2 month drinking binge? NICE!
February 2nd, 2006 05:45 PM
Daethgod this was in local paper today re Mick maybe appearing at the F1

Formula 1 GP steers for OC stars

03feb06

HOLLYWOOD "it" girl Mischa Barton could be heading to Melbourne for the Grand Prix if organisers have their way.

The Eye believes GP bosses have approached the star of Channel 10's hit series The OC to be the international guest of the March 30-April 2 event.

And if Barton is unavailable, other OC stars are also on the hit list as a cross-promotional tool for the GP host broadcaster, Ten.

Organisers are pulling out all stops to get big names at this year's Grand Prix because there have been concerns about the effect the Commonwealth Games will have on crowd numbers.

Setting their sights high, organisers are also working on getting Robbie Williams, Prince Frederik of Denmark and Mick Jagger, who could be here for the Rolling Stones tour in April.

US singer Anastacia is also keen to attend the event because of her connections to the GP's official charity, the Breast Cancer Network Australia.

Olivia Newton-John, who has strong links to breast cancer charities, has already signed up as a guest of the GP and to sing at the Grand Prix Ball.

This year's BMW Celebrity Challenge is revving up for some serious spills and thrills with revhead singer Shannon Noll already a casualty.

The Eye hears he was ecstatic when organisers asked him to be involved in the race, agreeing to the offer almost immediately.

Unfortunately for Noll, the event's sponsor, BMW, had a few concerns about the singer's drink-driving guilty plea from last year and wasn't too happy about the message it sent fans.

Apparently, BMW asked GP organisers to draft a contingency plan in case it copped media heat.

But after the report was completed and filed, BMW still had cold feet and pulled the plug on Noll's racing dream.

The bloke was understandably shattered.

But all is not lost. Organisers have secured The Amazing Race's Phil Keoghan to race, along with Alastair Lynch, Tara Moss, Tiffany Cherry, the Wiggles and Channel 10's Ryan Phelan.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,18019228%255E28957,00.html
February 2nd, 2006 06:15 PM
Daethgod just heard the rumour re Aussie shows to be pushed back later in the year ..

getting sick of rumours .. give us some Facts !

February 2nd, 2006 10:02 PM
RSRTG I've had a guts full of it.....the amount of dedication and money that goes into my obsession with this group needs to be rewarded, along with all of those who feel like I do.
I need to see them, I need to hear them live too.
For the love of god, please make this happen.
Its pretty sad when ya whole life revolves around a rock band I s'pose.
February 2nd, 2006 10:02 PM
RSRTG I've had a guts full of it.....the amount of dedication and money that goes into my obsession with this group needs to be rewarded, along with all of those who feel like I do.
I need to see them, I need to hear them live too.
For the love of god, please make this happen.
Its pretty sad when ya whole life revolves around a rock band I s'pose.
February 2nd, 2006 10:30 PM
Daethgod i hear ya dude

getting sick of pestering dudes, logging on, sniffing around, scouring papers etc
fark .. i need a life

February 2nd, 2006 11:17 PM
Daethgod just dug out my Licks Boots of the 3 melb shows i saw at Rod Laver

man , the crowd , the voodoo drums, the pause, the roar, the first riff, then the second roar as Mick struts out !!

fark..
its like a drug and i need a fix

get ya scrawny asses down here !

February 2nd, 2006 11:55 PM
corgi37 later in the year is cool with me. But, still, where will will they play? Telstra will still be unavailable due to footy. Unless the tour is still going until October.

But, then again, now i have another hassle. I put off going to Surfers in April cause i didnt want to miss out. Now, i am going in August. Taking the family. Thats 6 of us! How the hell can i afford that AND roughly $1,000 for 2 Stones tickets, beer, a dodgy t-shirt and a flashing badge?
February 3rd, 2006 12:08 AM
Daethgod dont forget the Mick-taxed butter chicken at the Rod Laver cafe

February 3rd, 2006 07:56 AM
exile Dan i dont know if Beasts Of Bourbon gig was televised however i will recommend their cds. a friend of mine likened Beasts Of Bourbon "low road" and "exile on main street" as the two greastest rock and roll albums of all time. then again we were both vey high on cocaine at the time. god love that drug.

anyway on other news I also say that they will tour oz in april but only arena shows, I have not lost faith.

for fucks sake how many more TShirts can they sell in Australia than NZ. as sad as that is.but true.

February 3rd, 2006 08:12 AM
StickyFishFingers That's it I've given up hope. Probably just as well if they don't come coz i'm flat broke. doh.
February 3rd, 2006 08:26 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
pdog wrote:
Australlia at least deserves to be "Omaha'ed" !!!

australia will never be omaha'ed nor has it ever been

we have our own brussels affair

February 3rd, 2006 08:31 AM
Gazza
quote:
Daethgod wrote:
just heard the rumour re Aussie shows to be pushed back later in the year ..

getting sick of rumours .. give us some Facts !

Frustrating though it is to have to wait that long, that might prove to be a blessing in disguise

Everything about an Aussie visit in April up to now sounds like the whole thing was done as an afterthought. Australia wasnt mentioned in the list of regions they would be playing at the press conference to announce the tour and any talk up to now has been that you'd be lucky if they gave you more than about 2 shows - they seem too preoccupied with spending more and more time in North America so they can generate more cash.

At least if they wait until later in the year, it increases the possibility of more Aussie shows than originally planned. Plus you get more time to save AND you get to see the last shows of the tour...
February 3rd, 2006 01:29 PM
Dan
quote:
exile wrote:
Dan i dont know if Beasts Of Bourbon gig was televised however i will recommend their cds. a friend of mine likened Beasts Of Bourbon "low road" and "exile on main street" as the two greastest rock and roll albums of all time. then again we were both vey high on cocaine at the time. god love that drug.

I got the Axemans's Jazz in a stack of records a friend gave me but havent really heard anything else. I really dig that record so I should probably start looking a little harder.

ALso I did a search, apparently some of one of the BDO shows will be broadcast later in the month. But I was wondering because I have a Rammstein broadcast from 2001.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)