ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Tonight 2 years ago - Closing the North American leg
MGM Grand - Las Vegas, Nevada - February 8, 2003
© Roooooooster celebrating the NY Eve of the Rooster! ...in Red!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: OASIS To Release Sixth Album In May - Don't Believe The Truth Return to archive
February 1st, 2005 07:44 AM
Madafaka Oasis guitarist Noel Gallagher has revealed that the band's sixth album is to be released on 16 May. Billboard reports that in an interview on BBC Radio 1 on Friday, Gallagher said that the album was finished but declined to reveal the record's title. Probably "Don't Believe The Truth"

The album features 12 songs written by Noel, brother Liam, bassist Andy Bell and guitarist Gem Archer, with "The Importance of Being Idle", "Guess God Thinks I'm Able" and "Part of the Queue" among the tracks set to feature.

When talking about the new album, Noel said it is the band's best since their early work.

"The finished album is my favourite one of the last four. Because we're all contributing to the songwriting there's a different feel to it. In fact the only songs that sound like Oasis are Andy Bell's funnily enough."

The band are currently approving the artwork for the release, which according to Noel "looks quite bleak and northern", but are yet to decide on the first single to be lifted from the LP.
February 1st, 2005 07:47 AM
Honky Tonk Man Well I'm pleased!

Not too sure how many people here share my opinion though!
February 1st, 2005 08:28 AM
egon it all went downhill after wonderwall.
(if there ever was an uphill)
Still, i wish them good luck with the new record!
February 1st, 2005 09:15 AM
moy at this speed we're gonna be discussing the monkees in a couple of days
February 1st, 2005 09:18 AM
Joey

Is Zak Starkey playing drums on this disc ?

Does anyone know why Zak would even bother with these pathetic little Gallagher Brothers after working with the " Chairman of the Board " the past ten years ?

Does anyone mind if I .............******* END TRANSMISSION ******* ?!?!

February 1st, 2005 09:22 AM
Monkeytonkman Well, can I just say that of all the bands I have seen in the world, Oasis are without boubt one of the shitest!

All my china's thought the sun shone out of their arses in the ninetees, but when I went along to see them live I just couldn't see what the attraction was. the lead singer has got the personality of a piece of wet cardboard and the rest of 'em ain't much better.

cobblers to them and their new album.
February 1st, 2005 09:23 AM
Joey
quote:
Monkeytonkman wrote:
Well, can I just say that of all the bands I have seen in the world, Oasis are without boubt one of the shitest!

All my china's thought the sun shone out of their arses in the ninetees, but when I went along to see them live I just couldn't see what the attraction was. the lead singer has got the personality of a piece of wet cardboard and the rest of 'em ain't much better.

cobblers to them and their new album.

Monkeytonkman ....................................

You are much loved by The Joey !
February 1st, 2005 09:42 AM
Jumacfly Oasis...LOL!!
the shitest live band of the world...they did good songs but seing them on stage is a nightmare...
it s a pity cuz their 2 first records were quite good.
February 1st, 2005 11:07 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Joey wrote:
Is Zak Starkey playing drums on this disc ?

I've been told that Zak Starkey is in fact the new Oasis drummer. And he's on the new cd.

quote:
Joey wrote:
Does anyone know why Zak would even bother with these pathetic little Gallagher Brothers after working with the " Chairman of the Board " the past ten years ?

money - he's getting a nice slice - and get this - they promised to give him some kind of special introduction on stage or some other ego bullshit

I like Oasis. Its a guilty pleasure. But Zak is way too talented a drummer to play with them. He was a great fit with The Who. I can't imagine him being creatively challenged in any capacity drumming on an Oasis song.
February 1st, 2005 04:13 PM
Madafaka Well, I enjoy some Oasis songs. You can hit me and kick me now
February 1st, 2005 04:15 PM
Joey
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

But Zak is way too talented a drummer to play with them. He was a great fit with The Who. I can't imagine him being creatively challenged in any capacity drumming on an Oasis song.

Saint Sway .......................................

You are a very very Smart Man and I am proud , just PROUD , to call you my Stonesian Brother !

J.
February 1st, 2005 07:42 PM
corgi37 Oasis? Does any one fucking care anymore?

It's 2005, for Christ's sake. Not 1995.

I am sure they are just salivating to do a successful U.S. tour. Or, even, just to finish a U.S. tour. They'll probably be playing in a small pub near you.

hahahaha.

February 1st, 2005 09:50 PM
Soldatti
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I am sure they are just salivating to do a successful U.S. tour. Or, even, just to finish a U.S. tour. They'll probably be playing in a small pub near you.

In Europe they are VERY BIG, his last album sold 3 million copies there.
February 2nd, 2005 06:04 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Oasis? Does any one fucking care anymore?

It's 2005, for Christ's sake. Not 1995.

hahahaha.

Oases are still big across the UK and Europe. In fact, if push comes to shove, I fail to see how any other band could out strip them for ticket sales over here.

Yeah, they're hey day was 94-96, but they were a great couple of years for Oasis and British music.

In all honesty, I doubt Oasis really give a shit about breaking America anymore. There are so many great Brit bands that have tried and failed, but are massive and artistically adored over here. The Smiths, The Stones Roses and I could go on.

February 2nd, 2005 06:26 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
Well, I enjoy some Oasis songs. You can hit me and kick me now

me too madafaka:

cigarettes and alcohol
supersonic
champagne supernova
shakermaker

are my favorite.
February 2nd, 2005 06:36 AM
Zeeta
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

Oases are still big across the UK and Europe. In fact, if push comes to shove, I fail to see how any other band could out strip them for ticket sales over here.

Yeah, they're hey day was 94-96, but they were a great couple of years for Oasis and British music.

In all honesty, I doubt Oasis really give a shit about breaking America anymore. There are so many great Brit bands that have tried and failed, but are massive and artistically adored over here. The Smiths, The Stones Roses and I could go on.

The Jam; awesome yet regarded as shite in US!
February 2nd, 2005 06:38 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

me too madafaka:

cigarettes and alcohol
supersonic
champagne supernova
shakermaker

are my favorite.

All great songs Jumacfly. My personal favorite is Whatever. It came out in between Defiantly Maybe and What's The Story Morning Glory. Oasis at their finest. That single and the above mentioned albums are all you REALLY need to own.

February 2nd, 2005 06:43 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

All great songs Jumacfly. My personal favorite is Whatever. It came out in between Defiantly Maybe and What's The Story Morning Glory. Oasis at their finest. That single and the above mentioned albums are all you REALLY need to own.

yes!! the energy of the opening song of "definitely maybe", "rock n roll star" always reminded me "rocks off" on exile..a la brit pop style of course!
just my humble opinion
oh, and whatever is brillant too...

cheers
February 2nd, 2005 07:15 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Zeeta wrote:

The Jam; awesome yet regarded as shite in US!

Agreed. The Jam were great! Yes, theres another example.
February 2nd, 2005 03:42 PM
glencar The Jam had a sizable cult following the US. Sort of like the Kinks.
February 2nd, 2005 08:46 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
yes!! the energy of the opening song of "definitely maybe", "rock n roll star" always reminded me "rocks off" on exile..

I agree, that album is very good and the opening tune is the best.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood