ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Tonight 2 years ago - Closing the North American leg
MGM Grand - Las Vegas, Nevada - February 8, 2003
© Roooooooster celebrating the NY Eve of the Rooster! ...in Red!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Kate to Pete: Drugs or me (Content For Libertines Fans) Return to archive
January 31st, 2005 10:52 AM
Honky Tonk Man Here is the link to the short article and picture.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005050497,00.html
January 31st, 2005 01:05 PM
Factory Girl I didn't know he was dating Kate Moss. She's very cool, but he's not going to choose her over smack.
[Edited by Factory Girl]
February 1st, 2005 03:59 AM
FotiniD Can someone explain to me why he got his picture taken while smoking heroin? And who took the picture? Was it a magazine, an article, something like that?

I like the Libertines, but I don't understand how in the year 2005 heroin could still carry the "rock star junkie" look and people actually bite it.
February 1st, 2005 04:49 AM
beer
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Can someone explain to me why he got his picture taken while smoking heroin? And who took the picture? Was it a magazine, an article, something like that?

His manager probably took the picture.seems a bit contrived, to me.i seriously hope he gets hooked and learns what it's really all about. What a douche.

I just listened to that shit on Amazon: absolute crap.
-
February 1st, 2005 06:40 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
beer wrote:

His manager probably took the picture.seems a bit contrived, to me.i seriously hope he gets hooked and learns what it's really all about. What a douche.

I just listened to that shit on Amazon: absolute crap.
-

He already is hooked. He went to prison for a month because of his habit and lost his place in the band. He went to the World's toughest rehab clinic in Thailand, but he couldn't hack it.

His addiction to smack is all too real and it is very well documented over here in the UK.

At the moment, a great many people care, but it'll stop and he'll die in a sordid squat somewhere.
February 1st, 2005 07:22 AM
Factory Girl LOL, beer-the Libertines are great.

For Alex-why would he let anyone take a pick of him doing smack??? He certainly doesn't need the notoriety. Is he shooting it yet? Its a bloody shame b/c he's wasting his life and his talent.
February 1st, 2005 08:01 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
LOL, beer-the Libertines are great.

For Alex-why would he let anyone take a pick of him doing smack??? He certainly doesn't need the notoriety. Is he shooting it yet? Its a bloody shame b/c he's wasting his life and his talent.

I have no idea!

What you say is true though, he certainly doesn't need the notoriety.

That picture was taken about 6 months ago. Surely if it was some kind of publicity stunt, it would of been published nearer the time.

My personal opinion is that if he wasn't seeing Kate Moss, those pictures would never of seen the light of day. Everyday the tabloids mock Pete and brand Kate Moss "foolish" for getting tangled up with him. He's been riding on his popularity amongst music loving students and in particular, the New Musical Express for quite a while now, but the backlash against him has truly begun.

February 1st, 2005 08:11 AM
Factory Girl Isn't Kate Moss way older then Pete??

Well, she knew what she was getting into.
February 1st, 2005 09:43 AM
not bound to please
quote:
beer wrote:

i seriously hope he gets hooked and learns what it's really all about.
-

"What a douche." - right back at ya.
February 1st, 2005 10:16 AM
Bloozehound a true rolling stone gathers no moss
February 1st, 2005 11:29 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Isn't Kate Moss way older then Pete??

Well, she knew what she was getting into.

Kate Moss is 31 and Pete turns 26 in March.

February 1st, 2005 11:50 AM
beer
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

"What a douche." - right back at ya.

Fuck off you troll bitch.

-
February 1st, 2005 12:27 PM
not bound to please
quote:
beer wrote:

Fuck off you troll bitch.

-

I'd rather be a troll bitch than the sort of fuckwit who wishes someone would get hooked on heroin.
February 1st, 2005 02:06 PM
Joey

" The band return to the ring as their stock among young bands is again high. Daltrey mentions the Bees and Franz Ferdinand, who recently had a Who-like punch-up. He "quite likes" wild boys the Libertines, but he frets that there is "something missing".

One of the frontmen, usually.

"Harhar! Yeah ... but he's a clever guy, that one," he says of the errant Pete Doherty. "He's got the X factor, hasn't he? He's magic to watch. You can't learn that.

"What's so disarming about Peter [Doherty] is that he pretends he's in control, or he thinks he is. But if he's up to everything [with drugs] people say he is, he cannot be in control. He is a genius. But I've known many people like that and they're all dead."

Daltrey is aware of comparisons between Doherty and the Who's own rock tragedy, Keith Moon; he points out that public fascination fuels their behaviour but people missed the point with Moon.

At the moment, Hollywood wants to make a film about Moon, "the madcap character". But Daltrey would like such a film to shed new light on one of rock's most complex characters, whose sideways take on life went far beyond filling bass drums with gunpowder and playing as if his whole body was exploding "

http://www.guardian.co.uk/arts/fridayreview/story/0,12102,1399761,00.html

Jacky ! ™
February 2nd, 2005 07:40 AM
Honky Tonk Man PETE DOHERTY SHINES AT LONDON CHARITY GIG

BABYSHAMBLES singer PETE DOHERTY raced overseas from PARIS last night (January 31) to headline a special benefit concert in LONDON to help children who suffered in the ASIAN tsunami.

The ex- Libertines guitarist, who has a reputation for turning up late or not at all, was surprisingly prompt for the packed out charity gig at The Garage in north London.

Although the original plan for the Children Of The Tsunami Concert was to play two nights at the capital’s Astoria, organisers Samantha Morton, Pearl Lowe, Supergrass drummer Danny Goffey and Welsh comic genius Rhys Ifans still managed to arrange a storming show in a short space of time.

Speaking before the gig Goffey told NME.COM: "We’ve been trying arrange this show for the last two weeks. The original gigs fell through at the Astoria but Sam Morton has been amazing in setting this up and I’m really pleased that we’ve finally got these bands together tonight to do this because we’ve raised about two grand."

The night included thunderous performances from support acts Ed Harcourt, who got a major thumbs up from Goffey and Ifans after they were both spotted nodding their heads at the front of the crowd, and The Rakes.

But the biggest cheer came when Pete swaggered on stage with a pair of shades and a black leather jacket for an eventful 30-minute set, which involved plenty of crowd surfing, stagediving and beer.

The singer introduced the band’s new drummer Adam Ficek, who was recently drafted in to replace Gemma Clarke, before Babyshambles tore into ‘The Man Who Came To Stay’.

Ficek had a relatively stress free night settling into his new band almost unnoticed.

The security on the other hand had to contend with several fans trying to hug and kiss their hero as they charged the stage.

Pete even challenged one of them to a race before they both stagedived into the crowd for The Libertines track ‘What Katie Did’.

Babyshambles also performed throttling renditions of ’Black Boy Lane’ and ’In Love With A Feeling’.

The show eventually culminated in Doherty diving into the crowd and singing ‘Fuck Forever’ while the bouncers fought hard to free him from his fans.

February 2nd, 2005 07:44 AM
Factory Girl Wow, Joey posts on topic-I'm in SHOCK.

Alex-Pete should do a charity gig for himself.
February 2nd, 2005 08:09 AM
mac_daddy so are the libertines done..?
February 2nd, 2005 08:16 AM
Factory Girl maccy, sadly it seems that the Libertines (in their original incarnation w/ Pete & Carl) are done.
February 2nd, 2005 08:24 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
maccy, sadly it seems that the Libertines (in their original incarnation w/ Pete & Carl) are done.

Well sadly, I think the Libertines are finished FULL STOP. After their last gig in Paris, Carl pretty much said they were disbanding.

They're all moving on. Carl gets together with Tim Burgess from the Charlatans, Pete has Babyshambles and John Hassel (Libs bassist) has a new band too.

FG, you should pick up the new version of the Libertines second album. It comes with an hour long DVD. Has great concert footage and interviews.
February 2nd, 2005 09:04 AM
Factory Girl Alex, is the DVD in a US-friendly format?

Are you still sending pkg to moi?
February 2nd, 2005 09:11 AM
Honky Tonk Man Hi FG,

I'm not sure about the DVD. I just pressume you can get it in America as well.

I am so sorry that I've yet to send you the cd. I'll buy it on Saturday and get it off to you asap. I PROMISE. I was all set to buy it for you and then things kind of went belly up!

You'll have it soon. I promise.
February 2nd, 2005 09:23 AM
Factory Girl Thank you, Alex! You are so sweet! Are you coming to US in the near future??

Check PM.
February 2nd, 2005 09:42 AM
Joey
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Wow, Joey posts on topic-I'm in SHOCK.

Katie .....................................

Come to Joey !!!!

February 2nd, 2005 10:44 AM
Factory Girl Alex, did you know that Pete has a kid???
February 2nd, 2005 11:08 AM
Honky Tonk Man Yes I know he has a kid. The mother of the child also has a son by Liam Galagher.

More sad Pete news...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005051673,00.html
February 2nd, 2005 03:36 PM
glencar Talk about beauty & the beast. That guy needs help - stat!
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood