ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Tonight 2 years ago - Closing the North American leg
MGM Grand - Las Vegas, Nevada - February 8, 2003
© Roooooooster celebrating the NY Eve of the Rooster! ...in Red!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ringo the superhero (NSC) Return to archive
January 27th, 2005 03:50 PM
Ten Thousand Motels It's Ringo to the Rescue

Ex-Beatle Ringo Starr and Spider-Man creator Stan Lee are collaborating on a new cartoon series which will make the Fab drummer a superhero. The animated TV series is scheduled to air in 2006.

The 82-year-old Lee is enthused about the project. 'Ringo is beloved worldwide for his commitment to people and his singular wit,' Lee said. 'Our Ringo superhero character will combine these qualities, along with Ringo's secret powers.'

The series will be produced by Lee's POW Entertainment and Starr's Rocca Bella production company.

Ringo is also looking forward to working on the project. "I'm so excited to become a 'reluctant superhero',' said Starr, 62. 'How great to hang out with Stan and laugh, laugh, laugh, as we're in the first stages of creating this soon-to-be masterpiece.'

Both Lee and Starr have had extremely successful careers. Lee is the creative force behind Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four, the X-Men, and the Incredible Hulk. After Starr's career with the Beatles, he released his own hit songs including 'It Don't Come Easy', 'Photograph' and
'Back of Boogaloo.' Starr has also acted in films such as 'Caveman' and 'The Magic Christian' and in the children's show 'Thomas the Tank Engine.'

In addition to television, the duo will release DVD's featuring the new superhero. And a splendid time is guaranteed for all.

Brad Kurtzberg

January 27th, 2005 03:57 PM
glencar Ringo's singing is worse than ever. Perhaps this is the right move, strategically.
January 27th, 2005 04:18 PM
Night Clerk More evidence that the brain goes soft in old age.
January 28th, 2005 09:56 AM
Water Dragon Oh Jeez, I had to go listen to, "Ringo Buys A Rifle" by The Dead Milkmen to enjoy the delicious irony!

TTM, thanks for the only funny moment I've enjoyed this week!

Regards,

W.D.

January 29th, 2005 10:10 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Water Dragon wrote:
thanks for the only funny moment I've enjoyed this week!

Funny!??? Funny????? I fail to see the humor. This is some serious shit. I take my superheros real serious!!! And Ringo's right to be excited about getting to hang with Stan Lee. Stan Lee is a God.
January 29th, 2005 10:51 AM
Water Dragon Have you heard "Ringo Buys A Rifle?"

I don't know about divinity, though my favourite Stan Lee creation will always be, "Silver Surfer."
January 29th, 2005 11:19 AM
Ten Thousand Motels >Have you heard "Ringo Buys A Rifle?"<

No.

>I don't know about divinity, though my favourite Stan Lee creation will always be, "Silver Surfer."<

Oh yes. Stan Lee's resume qualifies him for divinity. There's a home just waiting for him on Mt. Olympus.
January 29th, 2005 11:29 AM
Ten Thousand Motels

January 29th, 2005 11:38 AM
Ten Thousand Motels I mean stop and think here for a second. Where does Ringo fit into all this? This could be a decision of major historical proportions for both Stan Lee and Ringo....and it sure as hell beats all the war mongering going on in the so called real world. Let em drink blood I say, I'll take the fantasy world.
January 29th, 2005 06:41 PM
Water Dragon
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
I'll take the fantasy world.

Dear Maine Coon Cat aka TTM - I have spent January in Maine, it was NOT springlike...In Gisbourne, NZ, right now, it is summertime and clothes are optional if you don't mind the hole in the ozone above your head.

Here are some immortal words for you from Stan Lee aka Silver Surfer, in, 'O, Bitter Victory! - ... "The future still beckons...as hope springs eternal!"

Stay warm & dry until your ruler, Mars, conjoins with Venus to bring you happiness! Yer pal, W.D.
January 29th, 2005 06:57 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Oh well I’m the type of guy who will never settle down
Where pretty girls are well, you know that I’m around
I kiss ’em and I love’em ’cause to me they’re all the same
I hug ’em and I squeeze ’em they don’t even know my name
They call me the wanderer yeah the wanderer
I roam around around around...

Oh well there’s flo on my left and there’s mary on my right
And janie is the girl with that I’ll be with tonight
And when she asks me which one I love the best
I tear open my shirt I got rosie on my chest
’cause I’m the wanderer yeah the wanderer

Oh well I roam from town to town
I go through life without a care
’til I’m as happy as a clown
With my two fists of iron and I’m going nowhere

I’m the type of guy that likes to roam around
I’m never in one place I roam from town to town
And when I find myself a-fallin’ for some girl
I hop right into that car of mine and ride around the world
Yeah I’m the wanderer yeah the wanderer

Oh yeah I’m the type of guy that likes to roam around
I’m never in one place I roam from town to town
And when I find myself a-fallin’ for some girl
I hop right into that car of mine and ride around the world
Yeah ’cause I’m a wanderer yeah a wanderer
’cause I’m a wanderer yeah a wanderer
January 29th, 2005 07:54 PM
Water Dragon Ringo buys a rifle is a joke about Ringo Starr buying a gun and shooting Paul McCartney. In the song TDM say, "Hey Paul, you asshole!, dub this!"
January 29th, 2005 08:25 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Water Dragon wrote:
Ringo buys a rifle is a joke about Ringo Starr buying a gun and shooting Paul McCartney. In the song TDM say, "Hey Paul, you asshole!, dub this!"

Well, it seems that even God can't humble Macca. Even if it might be for Macca's own good.

(I suppose I shouldn't say bad things about Macca)
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
January 29th, 2005 08:41 PM
Water Dragon For Sir Paul perhaps it won't be the Western God/Devil construct, but instead; Kali, The All-Devouring Goddess, or Yama, Prince of Hell! Certainly more colourful characters than God & Satan...same concept

(I am attempting to keep within the construct of Land of Immortals, etc.)

:-)
January 29th, 2005 08:53 PM
Mr Hess Ringo has been getting lucky all his life.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood