ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Tonight 2 years ago - Closing the North American leg
MGM Grand - Las Vegas, Nevada - February 8, 2003
© Roooooooster celebrating the NY Eve of the Rooster! ...in Red!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jerry puts Calamity behind her with return to London stage (nsc) Return to archive
January 26th, 2005 10:41 PM
moy Jerry puts Calamity behind her with return to London stage
By Guy Adams

27 January 2005

* Jerry Hall is returning to the London stage, four months after a health scare caused her last appearance to be abruptly cancelled.

The former Mrs Mick Jagger has agreed to star in Patio and Porch, a new show by the American playwright, Jack Heifner. It will debut at the King's Head theatre in north London this May, with a view to a West End transfer later in the year.

In what would be the most talked-about double act of the year, producers are in negotiations with the Oscar- winning Holly Hunter to co-star in the show, which consists of two plays performed back-to-back.

"I love working on the stage and I'm finally going to work at the King's Head," Hall tells me.

"I was meant to play Calamity Jane there last year, but sadly it had to be cancelled. I'm also really pleased because the plays are by a Texan writer. We begin rehearsals at Easter."

Sources at the theatre, a tiny venue in the back room of an Islington pub, said yesterday that Texas-born Hall was keen to make up for the Calamity Jane affair, in which she quit the show, My Darlin' Janey, two weeks before it was to be launched, with "glandular fever".

"It's taken a while to find something suitable, but we've had an ongoing dialogue with Jerry. We're very excited about this. Casting her part was easy."

* HUGH GRANT was (yet again) a damp squib at Tuesday's Whitbread Book Awards, refusing to speak to the press, despite being a fully paid-up member of the judging panel.

One of his co-judges, Mariella Frostrup, left with Grant, was a little bit more forthcoming. In a refreshingly honest chat with Pandora, Frostrup was also reluctant to play the PR game, claiming to be disappointed by the standard of entries for this year's prize.

"I think the best book won. There's always so much made about rivalries between the judges, but we were all basically agreed," she told me.

"That said, this was really quite a bad year, to be honest. It was a bad year when I judged the Booker a couple of years ago, too. Maybe it's my influence." Discuss.

* IRONIC AS it sounds, the release of the four remaining Britons from Guantanamo Bay has left Corin Redgrave in a bit of a pickle.

His new political party, Peace and Progress, was to have entered two of the men - Moazzam Begg and Richard Belmar - as absentee candidates in the general election. But recent events have forced a rethink.

"Standing for election as an absentee candidate is obviously no longer possible," Redgrave, above, tells me. "It's very much on the back-burner. Mr Begg has just spent 18 months in solitary confinement, so he has other priorities."

One person who'll be breathing a sigh of relief at that news is Jack Straw, whose Blackburn seat was rumoured to be a target of the stunt. He is now free to concentrate on affairs of state.

* MICHAEL HOWARD was originally due to make his head-banging "I believe" speech on immigration a few weeks before the general election, but it was suddenly brought forward to Monday. Why?

"We're in a massive panic about Rodney Hylton-Potts, who won ITV's Vote For Me reality show on Friday," says a Conservative Central Office source. "He's contesting Michael's seat on an anti-immigration ticket, and we're terrified about it splitting the right-wing vote."

It's not the first sign of local trouble. Last September, Pandora revealed Howard was setting up a special campaign centre in his Folkestone constituency, to fight the Liberal Democrat threat to his 6,000 majority.

* Like many of her countrymen, Lorraine Kelly subscribes to the maxim "waste not, want not". The Scottish GMTV hostess has just donated one of her (used) frocks to a tsunami disaster fundraising auction.

"It's very fashionable, with a great big brooch at the waist," says Alison Craig, organiser of tonight's bash at Howies Waterloo restaurant in Edinburgh. "I e-mailed Lorraine, and she replied immediately with the offer of the dress. It's beautiful and very generous."

Kelly is now in the same league as Princess Diana and Elton John, both of whose second-hand clothes have been sold for charity. But she's not been the only one to dig deep: Tony Blair and Gordon Brown have jointly signed a bottle of House of Commons whisky for the event. I wonder who signed the left, and who took the right ...
January 28th, 2005 07:25 PM
moy Jerry Hall dates 15 men in realty show:
[Hollywood News]: London, Jan 28 : Model-turned-actress Jerry Hall is dating 15 young bachelors in a new reality TV show to find the perfect partner with whom she can share her glamorous lifestyle.

The former partner of Rolling Stone star Mick Jagger will train her team of boyfriends to be "the ideal accessory" to her luxurious life in the new programme "Kept", reported Contactmusic.com.

Hall's favourite contestant will win the chance to live like the Texan beauty for a year, complete with a six-figure allowance, a sports car, a luxury home and tickets to star-studded parties.

"My job is to turn these American boys into charming European sophisticates," Hall was quoted as saying.

The programme will be aired on the cable and satellite TV channel VH1 in June.

Indo-Asian News Service

January 29th, 2005 06:54 AM
Jaxx i just saw this news bit about the reality show to be broadcast on VH1. pretty sad. it seems desperate to me. you've got to ask yourself why.
January 29th, 2005 09:59 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
you've got to ask yourself why.

Why??!!????????
Oh just because....
January 30th, 2005 01:28 PM
Bitch Sounds like a desperate attempt to regain the spotlight, and a good opportunity to diss MICK. Without MICK she would never be as famous as she is today. Without MICK she would be just another model. It's all because of MICK that she has such fame and fortune anyway. MICK will always be the reason anyone has any interest in her.
January 30th, 2005 05:59 PM
Mr. Rock & Roll Amen to that
January 30th, 2005 06:01 PM
glencar Will she be naked in this one too?
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood