ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Tonight 2 years ago - Closing the North American leg
MGM Grand - Las Vegas, Nevada - February 8, 2003
© Roooooooster celebrating the NY Eve of the Rooster! ...in Red!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [FORO EN ESPAÑOL] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: CIRCUS DVD Return to archive Page: 1 2
January 26th, 2005 01:18 PM
David I saw greatness followed by absolute shit. It was the same band. Dirty Mack was fucking incredible for a while and then they absolutely sucked ass in the lowest depths of hell.
January 26th, 2005 01:54 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
A bit patchy? Cats around NYC were cutting their own throats!

You make Joey !!!!!

January 26th, 2005 08:24 PM
Soldatti I didn't buy it yet, but many people said that is great and better than the VHS tape...
I will buy it soon, my 4th copy of Rock'n Roll Circus (VHS, CD, Div-x and now DVD)
January 27th, 2005 03:01 AM
padre Fourth one...?
Makes me wonder once again how many times can they sell the same product again and again...In a couple of years somebody will "find" revolutionary new footage of the Circus and they'll release The Definitive Version with unseen Stones footage. Until they "find" some more.
I just hate this. I'm sure it's the same thing with every Remaster. They won't do them as well as they could, they just make it a notch better than the previous release so they can do it all over again in few years (with a couple more outtakes).
And I'll buy them again.
January 27th, 2005 06:16 AM
Zack I'm a little more sympathetic to Spanish Tony than most. He was Keith's personal assistant at a salary of 100 pounds a week. Taking Keith's money, scoring for him, and handing the dope over, is not dealing, it's being a gopher, taking the risk for money that Keith didn't want to take. He always maintained throughout the book that he never dealt drugs. Sure the book was a betrayal, but Keith wasn't exactly Prince Charming during that era, and besides it didn't exactly hurt Keith's career any. Tony's girlfriend died and he went on the skids, which led to the book. Only much later, maybe after he was dead, was the titled changed from "Up and Down With the Rolling Stones" to "I Was Keith Richards' Drug Dealer." Some of the stories in that book, Mick and Brian in the moat at Redlands, fleeing the cops and landing in Nicky Hopkins' garden and having a cup of tea, Keith pulling a toy gun on the harbormaster in Villefranche, to name just a few, are great reading not found elsewhere, and the fact is he WAS there for most of it.
January 27th, 2005 12:23 PM
BILL PERKS ANY DETAILS ON HIS DEATH?
January 27th, 2005 09:12 PM
Soldatti
quote:
padre wrote:
And I'll buy them again.

That's the worst part...
February 2nd, 2005 12:56 AM
BILL PERKS AFTER A LIL INTERNET RESEARCH I FOUND THAT SPANISH TONY DIED ON JUNE 14 2000..HAVE NO CLUE WHAT WAS THE CAUSE
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood