ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Staples Center, Los Ángeles, CA - February 6, 2003
By Fred Prouser/Reuters

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Lack Of US Tour Coverage Return to archive
02-03-03 04:23 AM
no_cole_porter I was just wondering why there were so many places in the States that usually get played that were over looked. It just sucks.
02-03-03 09:45 AM
jb Slow economy meant only major markets with a few exceptions.
02-03-03 09:59 AM
telecaster
quote:
no_cole_porter wrote:
I was just wondering why there were so many places in the States that usually get played that were over looked. It just sucks.

Where didn't they play that they usually do??
02-03-03 10:03 AM
Boomhauer Wisconsin, Missouri, Minnesota, Carolina
02-03-03 10:05 AM
jb St. Louis
02-03-03 10:21 AM
telecaster
quote:
Boomhauer wrote:
Wisconsin, Missouri, Minnesota, Carolina

They hadn't played Wisc in 24 years before No Secruity.

They should have played Minn and Miss as they would have
sold out no problem. Huge Stones towns (Twin Cities & St L)

They did add Nashville and OK City
02-03-03 10:35 AM
jb The worst attended show had to be Miami...if we had 12,000, I would be shocked.
02-03-03 11:01 AM
Half Nanker Bad information there guys, the stones played 2 shows at Alpine Valley, Wisconsin in early Sept. '89, Madison, WI in late August of '94 and again in October'97.

Or, did you mean Milwaukee? Still, Wisconsin has been a mainstay so has Minnesota. We got screwed this time around.
02-03-03 11:06 AM
telecaster
quote:
Half Nanker wrote:
Bad information there guys, the stones played 2 shows at Alpine Valley, Wisconsin in early Sept. '89, Madison, WI in late August of '94 and again in October'97.

Or, did you mean Milwaukee? Still, Wisconsin has been a mainstay so has Minnesota. We got screwed this time around.

My mistake, I was thinking of Milwaukee since I was there.
02-03-03 11:49 AM
Busch1 jb hit it on the head. They had to focus on the majors this time, and since they were doing the multiple shows in several markets, that compensated for less cities. I was surprised to see cities like New Orleans, Dallas, St. Louis, Minneapolis, Portland and even Salt Lake City not included. Maybe they're saving some cities for a possible swing back to the states in fall/winter 03/04? That would seem to make sense.
02-03-03 12:01 PM
jb New orleans had less than 35,000 for their last stadium show at Superdome...they certainly did not merit a show this tour.
02-03-03 12:11 PM
Moonisup I haven't seen footage at all
02-03-03 12:34 PM
marko Actually they did 3 shows in wisconsin 1989.8th 9th and
11th of september.great shows.Sugar blues was special
guest on the last show,during miss you,just like in 1981.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST