ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Staples Center, Los Ángeles, CA - February 6, 2003
By Fred Prouser/Reuters

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Favorite Song from HBO Telecast Return to archive
02-02-03 05:02 PM
StrangeStrayCat What was your favorite song from the HBO Telecast? There were many high-energy moments, but what really stood out in my mind was "Monkey Man" early on. I felt goose bumps during that number!
02-02-03 06:12 PM
tumblingdice The first five songs left me with my jaw on the floor. Everything after that was just gravy on the potatoes. Digital feed, hooked up the the big ass stereo for sound. Turned up like it should be....I was in heaven. Favs would have to be If you can't rock me, Midnight Rambler, and When the Whip Comes Down. Great version of Let It Bleed as well.
02-02-03 09:01 PM
sammy davis jr. Monkey Man as well....The first few numbers didn't do much for me performance-wise, but they nailed MM. BTW, I thought Whip sucked....it's lost all the energy since Mick doesn't sing it in the high register anymore. I liked Midnight Rambler too. Not the best I've ever heard but a damn good one.
02-02-03 10:19 PM
Gimme Shelter "Gimme Shelter" of course.
02-03-03 10:25 AM
voodoopug THru and Thru was the best highlight for me, with IF You cant rock me and Angie following it up!
02-03-03 03:05 PM
Street Fighting Man Can't You Hear Me Knocking?!
02-03-03 03:24 PM
Miss U. If You Can't Rock Me & Thru and Thru.
02-03-03 03:29 PM
LadyJane Midnight Rambler!!

The best version of the song I have ever heard!

LadyJ.
02-03-03 04:23 PM
JaggaRichards Let It Bleed!!!!!!!!!!
02-03-03 06:20 PM
Boomhauer I liked Start Me Up, JJF, Rambler, and Angie.
02-03-03 06:24 PM
Rollingstoned58 I was there... Rambler got a great reaction... of course CYHMK,,, Brown Sugar, I did not like Whip the giutars messesd up the start and Like someone already said, Mick just dosent do that kind of number well any more.
02-03-03 07:11 PM
Phog Monkey Man, Rambler, Let It Bleed, and Thru and Thru

stood out for me. I'm biased, though, and enjoyed the

whole thing.
02-03-03 07:53 PM
Dan Mine was When The Whip Comes Down. Maybe I was too drunk off Humboldt County Hemp Ale to notice the screw ups but its the kind of song that always sounds best sloppy.
Most dissapointing was Street Fighting Man. Bad mix. Would have been the perfect show to open with You Got Me Rocking.
02-03-03 08:34 PM
Soul Survivor Midnight Rambler

VERY good version of Angie though
02-03-03 11:39 PM
sammy davis jr. I forgot Thru & Thru....that one had me captivated, especially the first couple minutes when it was just Keith and his guitar. I never thought the song would work live- but it does.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST