ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Staples Center, Los Ángeles, CA - February 6, 2003
By Fred Prouser/Reuters

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mile High Madness Return to archive
02-02-03 01:20 PM
Jaxx needless to say, last nights concert did not disappoint! IMO it seemed somewhat "mellow" as well as tight, not as off the cuff or spontaneous as MSG I came off, but hey, i'm not complaining.

the weekend started off friday night with burgers and beers at the hard rock cafe with maxmeister his wife, keno, ladybear, and al. we had a great table by some scrumptious rolling stones memorabilia and photographs.

on saturday afternoon i headed downtown to meet the rest of the bunch, again at the hard rock before heading over to the paramount. i lucked out and got a meter right in front of the brown palace hotel. my one regret of the weekend was not hanging out at my car, for 10 minutes to catch the band leaving for the arena to do the sound check. i guess i was too focused on downing some brews with the gang to hang out for who knows how long for a photo as they ducked into their vans. okay, so i'm a shitty groupy....

maxmeister, joey, nanker, and moonie were already there doing up heineys and guiness. what a thrill to see those faces in my town. keno, ladybear and al finally showed up, we had a few more beers and headed over to the paramount to shidoobee. as usual, that crowd had the place rocking. i was absolutely thrilled to hook up with The Queen herself, Cindy P!!! it was great to meet her after all these years. you rock, momma!

i had to cut the partying short to head home to get ready for the show. i had corporate tix at $320 a pop and i had to get mentally prepared to party that evening with a bunch of suits. the guiness, followed by the heineys at home helped tremendously. for 320 bucks, i got a fold up chair and no drink holder for my crown and soda, but i did have a great seat on the aisle in the second row of the section which was in the middle of the arena midway between the main and B stage. not as close to the stage as i like, but a great vantage point!several folks around me had never been to see the stones before. i was one of the only folks standing in my section for most of the show but i didn't care. it was a STONES show, for chrissake. how the hell can you sit down through that performance?at one point an usher came over to tell me to get closer to my seat because i had drifted out 6 inches in the aisle to dance. oops! sorry. it was a STONES show. how the hell can you sit down through that performance?

the show was great but monkey man and CYHMK seemed more mellow than funky, rock me baby a real bluesy treat. gimme shelter gave me goosebumps, the song is so appropriate for "these times" and dead flowers is an old sentimental favorite of mine. mick in fuschia was stunning. the band sounded tight, altho almost too practiced and mick didn't appear to be working the crowd as usual and i would have enjoyed a bit more harmonica. but no matter, it was still the greatest rock and roll band and they were in my town. a hot rocks show? you bet, but hey, high energy, well delivered. after all is said and done, you get what you need!
[Edited by Jaxx]
02-02-03 02:01 PM
parmeda Jaxx! Your're kidding...they had people sitting in your section? WTF! (Those kind of people don't deserve good seats, no shit...)

Sounds like you had a GREAT weekend. I am so jealous your crowd got ROCK ME BABY...what a treat that must have been.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST