ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Staples Center, Los Ángeles, CA - February 6, 2003
By Fred Prouser/Reuters

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Different version of IORR on MTV? Return to archive
02-02-03 04:01 AM
beer I just saw the "Its Only Rock and Roll" video on MTV. First of all, i couldn't believe MTV actually played the video, then I noticed it was different than the one I've always seen. It was still the same tent with bubbles video, but the song was definetly a different version of IORR. Did anyone else see this?
02-02-03 05:37 AM
Moonisup yeah I know that version is different, mick sings live, at least it looks like it.
or it's a rough version of it

HOEMPAPA
02-02-03 05:51 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Hoempapa???
02-02-03 06:07 AM
beer the instrumental track was different as well,sounded dirtier, the ending was longer too.
02-02-03 08:08 AM
Honky Tonk Man The version of IORR on the video i think is a completley new take. Keiths guitar solo is different for starters

Alex
02-02-03 09:22 AM
justforyou Interesting....does it have that awesome Keith jam that was cut off from the ending of the 40licks version ?
02-02-03 11:37 AM
Gazza the promo video features a totally different take than whats on the record (live vocal, different backing track etc)

theres quite a few Stones videos that are different sounding on video than on the record - Miss you, Respectable have different lead vocal tracks for example. She was Hot has an extra verse etc.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST