ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Staples Center, Los Ángeles, CA - February 6, 2003
By Fred Prouser/Reuters

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What is your favorite studio outtakes album? Return to archive
02-01-03 06:02 PM
Mannish Bwoy Hello, i am making a little survey among the Rocks Off! community.
What are your favorites Rolling Stones studio outtakes albums of the 60's and the 70's? Witch ones do you think includes the best materials and wich one are sounding the better?
Thanks,
Mannish Bwoy
02-02-03 01:29 PM
throbby I really do enjoy Sister Morphine's Beggars Banquet outtakes titled "Sympathy for the Devil". The sound is quite incredible, better to these ears than the official release. (I've not yet heard the SACD version)

Some other ones with nice tunes and good sound
The Chess Sessions
Wingless Angels
Hillside Blues
Stattic in the Attic
Lonely at the Top
02-02-03 02:07 PM
Mannish Bwoy I'll look for them,
Thanks.
02-02-03 02:27 PM
Miss U. I like Megatrax Outtakes. Also Only When It's Frozen. Ice Cream is good too.
The Beggar's SACD release is excellent sound quality.
02-02-03 02:55 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl SOme girls sessions, the album Claudine has a very good quality and the best outtakes. It includes outtakes from other sessions, but the higlights are the Some Girls sessions.
02-02-03 02:57 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl The Beggars Banquet sessions has one of the greatest outtakes: "Still a Fool" but other outtakes are not as good.
02-02-03 03:12 PM
throbby Yes that is a great tune. I have a friend who's been a fan since the mid sixties. He'd never heard the Stones version and was quite floored when I played it for him. Have you heard the live version recorded in Amsterdam in '95? It's on "The Foottappers and Wheel Shunters Club Gig" CD

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST