ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Staples Center, Los Ángeles, CA - February 6, 2003
By Fred Prouser/Reuters

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: R'n'R Circus dwarf and midget (or two dwarfs?) Return to archive
02-01-03 03:18 PM
sasca Does anyone know who they are or were or what they're doing now?
02-01-03 04:00 PM
FPM C10
quote:
sasca wrote:
Does anyone know who they are or were or what they're doing now?

I think Fiji Joe might know.

I DO know that the tall, exotic-looking woman who was the fire-eater's assistant (and Brian's date) was Donyale Luna (not sure of the spelling), who was in Fellini's bizarre and wondrous Satyricon and, like Brian, died young and left an exquisite corpse.
02-01-03 04:45 PM
sasca Fellini's Satyricon is one of my favourite films. People don't believe me but I play it and the hours pass like minutes.
02-01-03 06:51 PM
FPM C10
quote:
sasca wrote:
Fellini's Satyricon is one of my favourite films. People don't believe me but I play it and the hours pass like minutes.

I believe you! It's also one of my favorites. Actually I love EVERYTHING by Fellini; besides Satyricon, I think 8 1/2 and Roma are excellent. Some of his later works (like City of Women, for example) are less amazing than these - but there's still no one making films today who could fill the shoes of Fellini.

Bravo Sasca! I also agree with your politics but like to keep my nose out of the muck whenever possible, so I steer clear of these "debates".
02-01-03 08:06 PM
sasca The combination of Fellini and Petronius Arbiter is irresistable to me. What a man Petronius was. A complete libertine yet also a brilliant politician.
And what a way to die. Nero sends him an order to kill himself so he calmly slits his wrists, then binds them and eats, then unbinds them, binds them, has casual conversations, leaves a list of all Nero's lovers, unbinds them and dies, leaving Nero wandering how in Hades he found out.
02-01-03 08:10 PM
beer Why do you want to find these midgets? I certainly hope you don't have any intentions of tossing them or using them for dwarf bowling, for gods sake.
[Edited by beer]
02-01-03 08:13 PM
sasca Just wondered. Dwarf bowling! As I said to my Dad in the bath this morning, 'Some people are into some weird shit.'
[Edited by sasca]
02-02-03 02:11 PM
Miss U. Oh, lord Sasca....

speechless!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST