ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Staples Center, Los Ángeles, CA - February 6, 2003
By Fred Prouser/Reuters

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RIP Columbia Return to archive
02-01-03 09:54 AM
Sir Stonesalot Fuck.

I wonder if that NSync dude still wants to make a shuttle trip?

My condolences to the family and friends of the Columbia's crew.

Way back when, I saw the Columbia being rolled out for the very first time. I still have the pictures that I took that day.

This makes me sad.
02-01-03 09:59 AM
Moonisup do tell what happenend
02-01-03 10:16 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Very sad indeed.
02-01-03 01:34 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Fuck.

This makes me sad.

Jeeeezus. Somehow this footage of stuff falling out of the sky is as bad as the Challenger. The CNN guy I was watching called it "Challenger" repeatedly.

Weird thing is Brownie and I were talking about the Challenger explosion two nights ago. I mentioned that horrible country hit "19 Something" which waxes nostalgic for the 80s and mentions the space shuttle "falling out of the sky" which led us to recall where each of us were when THAT happened (I was watching it with your Uncle John in his apt on Bridge St) so waking up less than 48 hours later and seeing it happen again is kinda spooky.

Jesus. This...the State of the Union address...the ACTUAL state of the union and the world...no wonder I'm depressed. Wish I had a Stones show to go to tonight.
02-01-03 01:39 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah, a Stones show would help.

I guess we'll just have to settle for the Imperial Orgy.
02-01-03 01:43 PM
sasca The Challenger disaster was the first news story which really affected me. The helplessness is horrible - one crew anticipating space, the other anticipating telling those back home; family and friends watching the launch, and waiting for the return.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST