ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Staples Center, Los Ángeles, CA - February 6, 2003
By Fred Prouser/Reuters

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: midnight rambler HBO-special Return to archive
02-01-03 09:05 AM
Moonisup Why did chuck had to play so annoying, I could hardly hear mick's harp

he played MR like it was a country song from Farth Brooks

The weird beard must be turned down in the mix.

and Ronnie up.

Rik
02-01-03 09:19 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Hear, hear!
marko I agree,even i havenīt heard or seen HBO yet.But just listen
Donīt stop carefully,lets say,from 5 different shows.
On certain part of the song,cock leavell plays the same
fucking notes&some kind of try to,wanna be stu solo.
i hate that part.kick the beard out.
stewed & Keefed Chuck shouldn't be allowed to play on Midnight Rambler EVER.
02-01-03 09:20 AM
Soul Survivor I was watching the HBO rebroadcast last night....

Lots of editing has been done. They took out alot of the stupid water color pictures after each song. So now after a song, it doesnt cut to pictures, the cameras remain on the band.

It also sounded like Darryl and Ronnie were turned up in the mix. And, in "Don't Stop", they turned down Micks guitar so the beginning doesnt sound as sloppy.

They did a bunch of other things like that.

You think Chuck sounded bad on Midnight Rambler? Listen to him on Start Me Up.

The concert also had a "TVMA" rating instead of "TV14"
02-01-03 09:25 AM
Moonisup it makes me sad that the weird beard has such a great volume on stage,

However I liked what he did on Thru and Thru from Oakland, I listened to Start me up haha it's a bit overdone.

Turn ron and Keith up, lose the awfull backingvocals on satisfaction! That was way to high. And then it will be better.

Agree?
02-01-03 09:28 AM
Soul Survivor YES! Lisa during "Satisfaction" makes you want to turn the channel
02-01-03 03:35 PM
EthanWickedAsHeSeems Did anyone else hear that strange "sparkling" noise that seemed to come from the keyboard...on some songs it was VERY loud. I guess Chuck is doing this. It was very annoying and made me want to rape him with Ronnie's mystery guitar.
02-01-03 03:42 PM
Moonisup i think it's against bootlegging

don;t know for sure, IF chuck did that, he should be banned from all the keyboards in the world
02-01-03 09:36 PM
fmk438j I really can't complain about MR on HBO, this imo is the best it has sounded in a long time and I love it. They come into the end part with so much momentum and power along with the energy of a freight train, it was great.

Just listen to chuck on MR on Cold Steel Blue (26.2.90 yes?). He is so loud it is ridiculous.
02-01-03 10:37 PM
Jerry in Boston
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
i think it's against bootlegging

don;t know for sure, IF chuck did that, he should be banned from all the keyboards in the world

I agree... I think it's an anti-bootlegging thing. I dubbed it from the hard drive to DVD-R and noticed the sparkling keyboard sound between a few of the songs and it annoyed the hell out of me. I wasn't bootlegging, just making a final copy for myself but it still pissed me off ova hea!
~ Jer
[Edited by Jerry in Boston]
02-02-03 09:55 AM
crb69 You guys psyched me out with this thread. I was expecting an mp3 of the tune! I'm already looking into a cd copy of this show. I was there, I have to have a recording of it. Especially this song! Totally awesome! The harp playing on CYHMK really kicked it up a notch from the last MSG September show too...
02-02-03 10:22 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
Why did chuck had to play so annoying, I could hardly hear mick's harp

he played MR like it was a country song from Farth Brooks

The weird beard must be turned down in the mix.

and Ronnie up.

Rik

Yes! A hearty "What the fuck!" is in order for our boy Chuck.

And our boy Ronnie needs to be cranked the *fuck* up on that song, like Boston 1/12. Keith and Ron, doing the weave, the little "triangle of power" with Darryl, Mick's harp blasting away... christ, goosebumps.

-tSYX --- I'll shove my knife right down your throat!
02-02-03 12:02 PM
MidnightRambler <<-tSYX --- I'll shove my knife right down your throat!>>

And it hoits!

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST