ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Staples Center, Los Ángeles, CA - February 6, 2003
By Fred Prouser/Reuters

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAÑOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I love charlie really! Return to archive
01-24-03 05:30 PM
oska sorry im only giving a opinion i love charlie really and i think all the men are brilliant.
sHeV.x
01-24-03 05:47 PM
sasca Nothing about which to be sorry.
01-25-03 10:01 PM
NHStonesfan sorry im only giving a opinion i love charlie really and i think all the men are brilliant.

YOU ARE ONLY HUMAN
01-26-03 01:08 PM
Scottfree Is that the kind of love shared between, well forget it, I love Charlie as well....
01-27-03 10:58 AM
jb I love him too...but he could be a bit more friendly heading to the B stage!
01-27-03 12:04 PM
Tom

<====== Charlie's good tonight!

[Edited by Tom]
[Edited by Tom]
01-27-03 05:37 PM
throbby Charlie's good every night!

01-27-03 06:20 PM
luxury1 I love Mick in those pants with the silver stripe down the side. WHat'd he do with those? And so far on this 40Licks tour, I'd say it has been the Mick and Charlie show--consistently.
01-27-03 06:25 PM
NHStonesfan <====== Charlie's good tonight!

Isn't he
01-27-03 11:09 PM
throbby Yes Luxury, Mick's voice and Charlie's groove are really on this tour.
01-28-03 12:25 PM
Tom
quote:
NHStonesfan wrote:
<====== Charlie's good tonight!

Isn't he

Yes, he is but I don't see your avatar
01-28-03 08:34 PM
NHStonesfan Thanks for the tip
01-28-03 08:38 PM
no_cole_porter I think everyone's got a special place in their heart for the Wembley Whammer.
01-28-03 08:42 PM
NHStonesfan I'll try again
01-29-03 08:07 PM
throbby Wow, 1560 registered users and only 9 post for Charlie? C'mon we can't let this thread die that quickly. Keith doesn't bow to him during the intros for nothing.
01-30-03 01:48 PM
sasca On a non-musical topic: Charlie is a superb dresser.He is too often forgotten in the discussions of the more flamboyant dress of Brian (best dresser ever), Mick and Keith.
01-31-03 06:02 PM
oska hi everyone!oska daughter here (13 yr old)
I agree with everyone how charlie is a great musician especally with you THROBBY , Lets not let this tread die ,charlie deseves more dont you all think?

wot eva you all say keigh is the best!

kep this tread going!
luv ShEv
01-31-03 06:17 PM
Riffhard Yes sasca Charlie is quite the dandy when it comes to fashion. Although,I also loved his quote when it came to Keef's fashion sense "Keith's the only man I know who could go to a black tie affair wearing a bathrobe and make it look fashionable." Such a quick wit ol' Chaz has!

Ofcourse it goes without saying he's the best drummer out there. Keith's quote about Charlie's drumming is always worth remembering "Chaaly's the only white drummer with swing." How true!

Riffhard
01-31-03 07:24 PM
Miss U. How do ya like my new avatar??!

<<===========

Yep, Sasca, true...

Completely different styles of dress, Bri & Charlie. Charlie dresses very jazzy. Brian more bohemian/exotic/creative/flamboyant.

HBO-"Thru & Thru" was a prime example of how his drumming leads the band...didn't keith miss the queue to crank it up mid-way the song when Charlie starts the crescendo? Seemed like it..

02-01-03 03:31 AM
oska Hi shev oska's daughter here,
Did you guys know that charlie's nickname in the band is 'basher watts' because he bases the drums.A peice of usles infomation!
Everyone in the band has got a unique style of dressing!
S ShEv.x
02-02-03 09:00 AM
Pants Make the Man Joey Kramer is a Timex...Charlie Watts is a finely tuned Swiss watch.

Visits since January 9, 2003 - 10:46 PM EST