ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Superbowl halftime show, Ford Field, Detroit February 5, 2006
© Frank Micelotta, with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Stones Stage at Superbowl...... Return to archive
February 1st, 2006 03:43 PM
gimmekeef Just chatted with someone who will be in the half time show.They have had one practice as a group no band of course.Next run thru with the band is Friday pm.The stage is a portable tongue (gee who coulda guessed) in bright red with black outline.there are inner and outer sections and some people will be inside and then others outside the lips.Its raised on an angle.Hopefully will get a soundcheck update on Friday.My thinking is they'll run through exactly what they paln to play do to timing issues....
February 1st, 2006 03:47 PM
Nellcote Bring It On!
Thanks!
February 1st, 2006 03:50 PM
Joey
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Just chatted with someone who will be in the half time show.They have had one practice as a group no band of course.Next run thru with the band is Friday pm.The stage is a portable tongue (gee who coulda guessed) in bright red with black outline.there are inner and outer sections and some people will be inside and then others outside the lips.Its raised on an angle.Hopefully will get a soundcheck update on Friday.My thinking is they'll run through exactly what they paln to play do to timing issues....

Thanks !!!!!

I can't wait for Sunday !!!!

I am now so excited that I am typing this with me penis .
February 1st, 2006 03:52 PM
Nellcote As far as I can see Joey, that thing gets a workout.
Please make certain you practice proper prostate checks.
February 1st, 2006 03:54 PM
gimmekeef Joey I started typing with my penis..had to quit..Kept hitting three keys at once!
February 1st, 2006 04:01 PM
RollingstonesUSA Hope its not a bust!

February 1st, 2006 04:05 PM
Joey
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
As far as I can see Joey, that thing gets a workout.
Please make certain you practice proper prostate checks.

Funny !!!!

Great Posting Nellcote !!!!

That's what my little friends and myself running around the Plains of Nebraska with knickers on and stick ball bats in our hands used to call "Postin'!"

You're POSTIN' baby!

The Joey - As seen on the reality show "That's Postin'!", 10:00 PM CDT Sundays.
February 1st, 2006 04:21 PM
pdog
quote:
Joey wrote:

I am now so excited that I am typing this with me penis .

Joey !?!?

February 1st, 2006 04:48 PM
glencar Finally, some Omaha pix!
February 1st, 2006 04:55 PM
glencar From Foxnews.com:

Aretha Franklin Forgives NFL for Super Bowl Snub
Wednesday, February 01, 2006

DETROIT — The NFL offended the Queen of Soul, but now all is forgiven. Aretha Franklin, who will perform the national anthem at Sunday's Super Bowl here in her hometown, initially felt Detroit's rich musical legacy was being snubbed when the Rolling Stones were chosen as halftime performers.

"I didn't think there was enough (Detroit representation) by any means. And it was my feeling: `How dare you come to Detroit, a city of legends — musical legends plural — and not ask one or two of them to participate,'" Franklin told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

"That's not the way it should be. Of course, they made that correction with no sweat."

Franklin wasn't the only displeased Detroiter. So the league belatedly announced that Motown legend Stevie Wonder would play before the game, and that Franklin would sing the anthem with New Orleans legends Aaron Neville and Dr. John plus a 150-member choir.

Franklin, who does not travel by plane, said she has been approached by the NFL in the past to sing at the Super Bowl, but didn't want to drive to those arenas from her home in suburban Detroit.

Now that the big game is here, Franklin is excited to take part, calling it "an ultra-special honor."

(Story continues below)

ADVERTISEMENTS
Advertise Here

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said that from the beginning, the league wanted to honor Detroit's musical legacy. He also pointed out that the pre-game and halftime shows both last 12 minutes.

McCarthy also said Tuesday that singer India.Arie has been added to the list of pre-game performers. She will join John Legend, Joss Stone and Wonder in performing Wonder's hits as well as other Motown classics. The Four Tops also will perform prior to kickoff, but they will not be carried live on the ABC broadcast.

"It was always our intention to celebrate the contributions of Motown at the Super Bowl," he said.

[Edited by glencar]
February 1st, 2006 04:57 PM
gimmekeef Aretha doesnt travel by plane....cause all the C-130 transport planes are in Iraq!
February 1st, 2006 06:19 PM
Soldatti Aretha is right...
February 2nd, 2006 11:01 AM
Lethargy
quote:
glencar wrote:
From Foxnews.com:

Aretha Franklin Forgives NFL for Super Bowl Snub
Wednesday, February 01, 2006

DETROIT — The NFL offended the Queen of Soul, but now all is forgiven. Aretha Franklin, who will perform the national anthem at Sunday's Super Bowl here in her hometown, initially felt Detroit's rich musical legacy was being snubbed when the Rolling Stones were chosen as halftime performers.

"I didn't think there was enough (Detroit representation) by any means. And it was my feeling: `How dare you come to Detroit, a city of legends — musical legends plural — and not ask one or two of them to participate,'" Franklin told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

"That's not the way it should be. Of course, they made that correction with no sweat."

Franklin wasn't the only displeased Detroiter. So the league belatedly announced that Motown legend Stevie Wonder would play before the game, and that Franklin would sing the anthem with New Orleans legends Aaron Neville and Dr. John plus a 150-member choir.

Franklin, who does not travel by plane, said she has been approached by the NFL in the past to sing at the Super Bowl, but didn't want to drive to those arenas from her home in suburban Detroit.

Now that the big game is here, Franklin is excited to take part, calling it "an ultra-special honor."

(Story continues below)

ADVERTISEMENTS
Advertise Here

NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy said that from the beginning, the league wanted to honor Detroit's musical legacy. He also pointed out that the pre-game and halftime shows both last 12 minutes.

McCarthy also said Tuesday that singer India.Arie has been added to the list of pre-game performers. She will join John Legend, Joss Stone and Wonder in performing Wonder's hits as well as other Motown classics. The Four Tops also will perform prior to kickoff, but they will not be carried live on the ABC broadcast.

"It was always our intention to celebrate the contributions of Motown at the Super Bowl," he said.

[Edited by glencar]

Ahh, well that explains the rumored partially Motown-influenced stones setlist. Maybe that was an idea to compromise and make everyone happy.
February 2nd, 2006 12:09 PM
jb Detroit, as I have posted many times in the past, hates the Stones. Arethea Franklin ripped them yesterday on TV stating why not a local act....This will be a humiliation along the lines of the "JT Affair", "Salt Lake City" performance, and other similar humiliations. Why they have chosen to do this (ABB will still not reach 500K by next week) when it has been done by lame ass performers like Macca, U2, Janet and Justin, and the hideous Aerosmith, again shows a lack of good judgment by their PR department. The Euro sales are already a bust, and Japan even worse....this is an ill advised attempt to jump start some interest in ABB and pick up a few more seats in Europe. Sadly, it will fail miserably and result in the most brutal attacks next monday ...be prepared Stones fans, as our local sports radio station has already commenced the attacks.....next week is going to be a very tough week for most of us true Stones fans....
[Edited by jb]
February 2nd, 2006 12:11 PM
glencar Joshy, we'll have to muddle through...
February 2nd, 2006 12:11 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joshy, we'll have to muddle through...

We missed you in New York...I hope to see you in Arkansas!!!
February 2nd, 2006 12:14 PM
pdog I fear Monday... It will be a day of shame and mourning. The world will witness the final nail being put into the coffin, and we must suffer and carry the burden of this humiliating insult...
February 2nd, 2006 12:15 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:
I fear Monday... It will be a day of shame and mourning. The world will witness the final nail being put into the coffin, and we must suffer and carry the burden of this humiliating insult...

A pleasure greeting you in New York!!!! You are a nice guy!!!
[Edited by jb]
February 2nd, 2006 12:17 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

We missed you in New York...I hope to see you in Arkansas!!!

Joshy, it's still a possibility. I need someone to attend the show with though. I'm not going to Lil Rock w/o some company.
February 2nd, 2006 12:18 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:

A pleasure greeting you in New York!!!! You are a nice guy!!!
[Edited by jb]

We will do it again... Unfortunately it was to brief at Stouts... I had to go across the street of love to greet the self exiled poster... Just when you showed up of course.
Seeing you after the gig was great, too bad they were kicking us out, we could've chatted for a while in MSG.
February 2nd, 2006 12:19 PM
jb I am in Keiths sec, row 2...Just got lauderdale...2k a piece!!!! for 3rd row!!!Other than New York, the Florida tickets have been the most expensive this tour as it is a big money town....They are, however, many tickets left in the upper tiers and expect a dump soon before show time.
February 2nd, 2006 12:20 PM
glencar Will anyone self-exile themselves at Lil Rock?
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:

We will do it again... Unfortunately it was to brief at Stouts... I had to go across the street of love to greet the self exiled poster... Just when you showed up of course.
Seeing you after the gig was great, too bad they were kicking us out, we could've chatted for a while in MSG.

I enjoyed out post concert meeting...you were kind to my son and that makes you a friend of mine for life.
glencar Self-Exile on Main Street!
February 2nd, 2006 12:21 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Will anyone self-exile themselves at Lil Rock?

I'm at the Peabody....Pug may go. E-mail him.
February 2nd, 2006 12:38 PM
Jumacfly Hi jb
glad to see you back!
how are you?
February 2nd, 2006 12:42 PM
jb
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Hi jb
glad to see you back!
how are you?

Very well my friend!!! Congratulations on the 2 new French shows!!!! You guys came through!!!(skip the Super-Bowl to avoid disappointment).
February 2nd, 2006 12:48 PM
Saint Sway any word on if they are bringing the inflatable scoobee doo tongue?
February 2nd, 2006 12:49 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

I'm at the Peabody....Pug may go. E-mail him.

Wilco!
February 2nd, 2006 12:52 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
any word on if they are bringing the inflatable scoobee doo tongue?

No..I have taken possession of it..so I have a place to hide while this disaster unfolds...
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)