ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Superbowl halftime show, Ford Field, Detroit February 5, 2006
© Frank Micelotta, with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Help! Damsel in ipod distress.... Return to archive
January 29th, 2006 10:01 AM
jostorm I just noticed that when importing "five guys walk into a bar" onto my iTunes, there are regular and very irritating gaps of absolute silence every ten seconds or so on every bloody song!.... I assume that this is the record industry's very successful move towards stopping me from abusing their copyrights. (The bastards!)
However, and I feel quite strongly about this, I did legally buy the bloody cds and I am chosing to listen to them on my ipod, so why am I being stopped from doing this????....Does anyone know how to get around this problem????

Thanks for any help,
Johanna
January 29th, 2006 10:23 AM
Sir Stonesalot I don't know why you are having that problem. I don't have any problems with listening to Five Guys on my iPod. It all plays fine. And I listen to it quite often.
January 29th, 2006 10:57 AM
jostorm Well, I didn't get as far as exporting the lot to my ipod, but when you play the songs on itunes, these silences appear...and no other Cds have ever done this before, so I assumed this is a new security gimmick....
I shall try and download them onto the ipod and check.
Thanks, knight in shining armour...
January 29th, 2006 12:52 PM
Sir Stonesalot Ahhhhhh. You are using iTunes to ply the stuff. I have that problem with iTunes too sometimes. It is usually a problem with the Quicktime player that iTunes uses. Quicktime blows.

I think that you will find that once you put the music over into your iPod, your problem will be gone.
January 29th, 2006 12:56 PM
jostorm Sorted. It works. Silly me!
(But if a fire-spitting dragon came to abduct me, may I call for help again?)
January 29th, 2006 01:28 PM
Sir Stonesalot Absolutely. You can call on me even when there are no fire breathing dragons with iPods involved.

I am here for all damsels...with or without the distress.
January 29th, 2006 03:01 PM
jostorm aaaahhhh...(swooning motion)....all damsels in distress and I are ever so grateful!
January 30th, 2006 07:53 AM
egon I wish i was SS... I really do.
January 30th, 2006 12:07 PM
jostorm Egon: I COULD swoon for you, too!....Providing you can solve this problem for me:
I have Itunes contents burned onto discs (courtesy of my nephew). Whenever I try importing this onto my own iTunes, the security features stop me from doing so. Not that I want to steal well-earned royalties from all those well deserving artists or anything, but it would be cool if you knew a solution to this.....
Gratefully,
Johanna
January 31st, 2006 06:17 AM
egon as far is i know the only solution is
emule, kazaa, bittorrent etc....
January 31st, 2006 07:20 AM
Gazza
quote:
jostorm wrote:
Sorted. It works. Silly me!
(But if a fire-spitting dragon came to abduct me, may I call for help again?)

January 31st, 2006 11:48 AM
jostorm Egon: thanks ,I feared as much, but I think I may sulk now...

All the music on the discs is actually "old" Southamerican salsa, I very much doubt it will be somewhere to download for free, but I'll check ...otherwise I'll have to take the laptop with me next time I'm in Spain at his house. Thanks again.

Gazza: well, yes, but would I not run the risk of breaking a fingernail handling one of those fire extinguishers????
January 31st, 2006 12:50 PM
Sir Stonesalot It's OK Jo. I'll lend you one of my armored gauntlets. Guaranteed to protect expensive manicures and painstakinly laquered nails.

SS to the rescue again!
January 31st, 2006 01:38 PM
jostorm See, Gazza? Thank God there are still valiant, self-sacrifising knights in shining armour in this difficult world......(and I have only one word to say to you: Immodium! ;-)

Oh Kind Sir Stonesalot: thank you! (double-swoon....) On second thought: if you are there, why do I need a gauntlet at all????
January 31st, 2006 02:04 PM
Sir Stonesalot Well my dear, you can never be too careful. With hands as soft, delicate, and finely groomed as yours, there is no sense in taking chances.

I would also insist that you wear my cloak. Wouldn't want you to catch a chill.

And please, stand on my horse blanket. We can't have you getting your pretty tootsies muddy!
January 31st, 2006 02:23 PM
charlotte Is there nothing I can say
Nothing I can do
To change your mind
I'm so in love with you
You're too deep in
You can't get out
You're just a poor girl in a rich man's house
Yeah, baby, I'm crying over you

Don't you know promises were never made to keep?
Just like the night, dissolve in sleep
I'll be your savior, steadfast and true
I'll come to your emotional rescue

Yeah, the other night, crying
Crying baby, yeah I'm crying
Yeah I'm like a child baby
I'm like a child baby
Child yeah, I'm like a child, like a child
Like a child

You think you're one of a special breed
You think that you're his pet Pekinese

I was dreaming last night
Last night I was dreaming
How you'd be mine, but I was crying
Like a child, yeah, I was crying
Crying like a child
You will be mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, all mine
You could be mine, could be mine
Be mine, all mine

I come to you, so silent in the night
So stealthy, so animal quiet

Yeah, you should be mine, mine, whew
Yes, you could be mine
Tonight and every night
I will be your knight in shining armour
Coming to your emotional rescue
You will be mine, you will be mine, all mine
You will be mine, you will be mine, all mine
I will be your knight in shining armour
Riding across the desert with a fine Arab charger

(Jagger/Richards)
January 31st, 2006 03:20 PM
Sir Stonesalot I'm working on a Tom Waitsish version of that! It's gonna be better than the original.

Of course, howler monkies screeching and dogs farting are better than ER.
February 1st, 2006 03:51 PM
jostorm Wow, this thread has a soundtrack to it now!.....Lady Charlotte, thanks for your noble efforts...

Dear Sir Stonesalot, my gentle Knight, please be very careful in that suit of armour of yours when playing the electric psaltery . I would be mortified if you electrocuted yourself!!!!!!! Remember to connect the Earth-wire to the tip of your left boot first...

(Note to the Research Department: Howler monkeys???? Are we in South America??? In the Middle Ages???? Although the comparison between the animal's characteristic sound and MJ's voice makes absolute sense...)
February 1st, 2006 07:51 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah, howler monkeys.

One of my golden rules, never to be broken..."NEVER piss off a howler monkey, no matter how tempting."
February 2nd, 2006 08:52 AM
Sir Stonesalot Oh yeah...and Charlotte is a dude.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)