ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Superbowl halftime show, Ford Field, Detroit February 5, 2006
© Frank Micelotta, with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Strokes Drummer Disses Stones Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
January 26th, 2006 04:12 PM
flexy633 Seriously, can you imagine being in a band and dissing bands like the Stones? I can't. I wouldn't even attempt to do so. I would be "very diplomatic" as Mick once said regarding the Beatles vs. the Stones.
January 26th, 2006 04:13 PM
Jumping Jack Showing respect for those that came before and influenced you is a measure of your talent and confidence. The Stones still pay tribute to their influences!

Shit bands (and critics like DLR and Chicago newspaper writers) with no talent or confidence can't attract attention from the merit of their own work and resort to crapping on others and making ass hats of themselves.
January 26th, 2006 04:15 PM
gimmekeef Me thinks we've already given the little jerk more attention than he deserves....
January 26th, 2006 04:34 PM
Riffhard
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Me thinks we've already given the little jerk more attention than he deserves....

Right! Fuck him.

Riffy
January 26th, 2006 04:39 PM
Slavegirl This guy is biting the hand that feeds him, their music is a cheap rip off of the Stones and the lead singer wishes he had half the charisma that Mick has today at 62. They are just a bunch of spoiled hollywood rich kids trying to act tough. Fuck 'em. Their new album sucks anyway.
January 26th, 2006 04:56 PM
bon jovi Sadly nowadays there are not many true gentlemen like Bon Jovi is the music business.
January 26th, 2006 04:59 PM
winter
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Attention Fab - your 15 minutes is up...

MORETTI WARY OF TURNING INTO THE ROLLING STONES

THE STROKES drummer FABRIZIO MORETTI hopes he'll know when it's time to quit the music business, and dubbed THE ROLLING STONES "sad" for carrying on into their sixties.

The LAST NITE hitmaker, who is dating Hollywood actress DREW BARRYMORE, insists he will retire from the band when they have nothing new to offer.

He says, "If we could still be a band that is honest to itself and able to reflect its current status, then we will (make music and go on tour until we get old).

"But if we hold on to something that we were in the past, than we won't.

"I don't want to end up like The Rolling Stones. They are old men trying to be young guys. That's sad."

They haven't had anything new to offer since their first album - just the same shit, re-processed. Guess it's time to retire?

wintah

January 26th, 2006 05:02 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
bon jovi wrote:
Sadly nowadays there are not many true gentlemen like Bon Jovi is the music business.

you mean there's less gays?
January 26th, 2006 05:03 PM
bon jovi
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Bands like The Black Crowes, Pearl Jam and Wilco - to name a few - get it, admire it and aspire to what the Stones are doing because they are honest, road bands that tour non stop and are in it for the music first. Those type of bands get it.

True, and exactly the same can be said of Bon Jovi.
January 26th, 2006 05:07 PM
ebmp Jon Bon Jovi is gay

Although I like some of their songs and Richie Sambora is one of the most underrated players EVER
January 26th, 2006 05:10 PM
Nellcote I was taught gay meant happy.
Didn't the Flintstones song go:

"Flintstones, meet the Flintstones
They're the modern stone-age family
From the town of Bedrock
They're a page right out of history
Some day, maybe Fred will win the fight
And that cat will stay out for the night
When you're with the Flintstones
Have a yabba-dabba-doo time
A dabba-doo time
You'll have a gay old time"

This is what Obi Wan Saint Sway meant, I'm certain...
January 26th, 2006 05:12 PM
pdog
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Since when did anyone take a DRUMMER seriously?

What does a drummer say right before he's fired?
Hey, I got an idea for a song!!!
January 26th, 2006 05:20 PM
bon jovi One thing is true. Bon Jovi has never dissed the Stones.

BON JOVI: 'WE COULD ROCK FOREVER'

Also see:
BON JOVI
ROLLING STONES
JON BON JOVI

BON JOVI are set to be the next ROLLING STONES - rocking in their 60s - because frontman JON BON JOVI insists his band have passed the point where they could split.

The rocker is planning a lengthy run with bandmates TICO TORRES, RICHIE SAMBORA and DAVID BRYAN because the quartet are too mature to break up.

He says, "All the trials and tribulations of youth and money and success and having hit records and then failures as records we're all through that.

I encourage my band to go and do whatever they want. If they wanna make solo records or do whatever, I encourage them because you're bringing more information back to the fold."

08/02/2005 09:03

January 26th, 2006 05:26 PM
bon jovi MADONNA ACCEPTS JOVI'S APOLOGY, STILL WAITING FOR ELTON'S

LATEST: MADONNA has accepted JON BON JOVI's apology for criticising her parenting skills, but is still waiting for SIR ELTON JOHN to apologise for his regular attacks on her.

The BON JOVI frontman slammed the MATERIAL GIRL last year (05) for bringing her children LOURDES and ROCCO to public events.

After Madonna's spokeswoman denied the superstar had ever brought the kids to a film premiere, Bon Jovi apologised, saying, "Let me apologise because I don't know the woman."

In response to Bon Jovi's apology, Madonna's rep LIZ ROSENBERG tells the New York Daily News, "Now that is a gentleman - unlike Elton John, whose favourite hobby is trashing Madonna."

John hit the headlines in 2004 when he falsely accused Madonna of lip-syncing on her Drowned World tour and berated her for failing to attend his pre-'wedding' bash before his civil partnership ceremony to DAVID FURNISH last month (DEC05).

[Edited by bon jovi]
January 26th, 2006 05:30 PM
bon jovi
quote:
ebmp wrote:
Jon Bon Jovi is gay

Although I like some of their songs and Richie Sambora is one of the most underrated players EVER

BON JOVI'S PRE-TEEN SEX SHOCK

Rock god JON BON JOVI enjoyed his first sexual experiences at the tender age of 12 with a "desperate housewife".

The PLEASE COME HOME FOR CHRISTMAS star admits the seduction was a little early, but it stood him in good stead.

He says, "(I was) far too young. I was getting a lot further than you would think by the time I was 12.

"I was liberated by a desperate housewife."

09/01/2006 17:06

January 26th, 2006 05:32 PM
Saint Sway WOW! Bon Jovi hasnt slept with a women since he was 12!!
January 26th, 2006 06:09 PM
Soldatti Ingrate, and sadly he's not the only one. I can't stand a big number of nowadays rock bands. They only care for 5-10 years of career and then they retire forever to their mansions making silly comments on E! programs as "The 90's rules".
January 26th, 2006 07:30 PM
texile
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>their the future<

Dude...how do you expect anyone to take you seriously if you don't know the difference between "their" and "they're"?

good point..
spelling matters.
January 26th, 2006 07:40 PM
chevysales
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Attention Fab - your 15 minutes is up...

MORETTI WARY OF TURNING INTO THE ROLLING STONES

THE STROKES drummer FABRIZIO MORETTI hopes he'll know when it's time to quit the music business, and dubbed THE ROLLING STONES "sad" for carrying on into their sixties.

The LAST NITE hitmaker, who is dating Hollywood actress DREW BARRYMORE, insists he will retire from the band when they have nothing new to offer.

He says, "If we could still be a band that is honest to itself and able to reflect its current status, then we will (make music and go on tour until we get old).

"But if we hold on to something that we were in the past, than we won't.

"I don't want to end up like The Rolling Stones. They are old men trying to be young guys. That's sad."

they didn't say that when they agreed to open for stones awhile back.
January 26th, 2006 08:14 PM
CraigP
quote:
MikeyC613 wrote:
Why can't younger bands have class? Eddie Vedder has arguably one of the greatest American rock and roll bands ever in Pearl Jam. He pays homage to the Stones, admitting that at his age he is already starting to feel tired. I think it is a cop-out to say you wouldn't want to play at that age, because there might be the small possibility that it is PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE for you. Why don't other bands like the Cream reunion, the Who's farewell tours, or other older acts get as much as shit as the Stones? Because it is The Rolling Stones setting the gold standard at this age, and I think most younger bands may be a little frightened.

EXACTLY!
January 26th, 2006 08:19 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Like Kid Rock said..."there's a new sheriff in town".
January 27th, 2006 09:50 AM
Drewlover I know some of you have dissed Drew Barrymore. Obviously not everyones going to like her but she is a Rolling Stones fan and has never said anything bad about them. In fact she prefers groups like the Stones to the new bands and has said so on several occasions. She was filmed wearing a Stones T-shirt in the My Date With Drew documentary.

There is a thread about Fabs comments regards the Rolling Stones on her fan site about with a Poll option. Most there are Strokes fans but not all.

http://www.drew-barrymore.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=6714

If the Strokes are going to quit when they got nothing new to offer then they should retire now because its all derivative and I don't hear anything thats new or progressive.

Oh yeah and Elvis in Vegas. He rocked from beginning to end.
Good to see some here have good taste outside of liking the Stones that is.

January 27th, 2006 09:51 AM
Mathijs Whether you agree with it or not, from a musical point of view the Stones haven't made anything interesting for non-Stones fans since Tattoo You, and their tours have been roughly the same since 1989. So, if you 25 years old and part of one of the biggest bands in the world right now (whose third album is heralded by both press and audience) and you're not a Stones fan (The Strokes isn't remotely like the Stones ever were, they are much more in the vein of The Jam, Clash and American late 70's punk), it's not that strange you say you don't want to end like the Stones.

Remember, Jagger said about the same things from 1965 until 1973, when he started to be accused himself of being too old.

Mathijs
January 27th, 2006 09:56 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
Whether you agree with it or not, from a musical point of view the Stones haven't made anything interesting for non-Stones fans since Tattoo You, and their tours have been roughly the same since 1989. So, if you 25 years old and part of one of the biggest bands in the world right now (whose third album is heralded by both press and audience) and you're not a Stones fan (The Strokes isn't remotely like the Stones ever were, they are much more in the vein of The Jam, Clash and American late 70's punk), it's not that strange you say you don't want to end like the Stones.

Remember, Jagger said about the same things from 1965 until 1973, when he started to be accused himself of being too old.

Mathijs

Once again good point man!
January 27th, 2006 09:58 AM
Ten Thousand Motels "...end like the Stones."

Hmnnn...it's not over yet.
January 27th, 2006 10:57 AM
flexy633 How come the Stones always get bashed for being too old? What about when The Who goes on tour? I never hear the old comments regarding them or bands saying, "I don't want to end up like the Who. They are old men trying to be young."
January 27th, 2006 11:09 AM
Riffhard
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
Whether you agree with it or not, from a musical point of view the Stones haven't made anything interesting for non-Stones fans since Tattoo You, and their tours have been roughly the same since 1989. So, if you 25 years old and part of one of the biggest bands in the world right now (whose third album is heralded by both press and audience) and you're not a Stones fan (The Strokes isn't remotely like the Stones ever were, they are much more in the vein of The Jam, Clash and American late 70's punk), it's not that strange you say you don't want to end like the Stones.

Mathijs

Oh,you gotta a good point,but like I said. Fuck 'em. Fuck 'em hard with a sharp stick. The Strokes were supposed to be the next big thing,and I gotta tell ya they are already circling the drain as far as their carreer is concerned.

Fab doesn't want to end up like the Stones?!? That's a more than a little presumptuous don't ya think?! These idiots haven't even got anywhere near the amount of credibility that the Stones had at this point in their respective carreers. They are nothing but a bunch of goddamned posers who were at one time the talk of the "in" crowd. Now they are a bunch of washed up nobodys looking for a way to be relevant. Fuck 'em.

The Strokes? Oh thery're great! I love all of their greatest "hit"!! They have one song! One fucking song! Not to worry Fab. The chances of you morons ever ending up like the Stones is slim,and none!

Riffy
January 27th, 2006 11:13 AM
Sir Stonesalot I think where Fab was going with this was that he doesn't want the Strokes to sell out like the Stones did.

What he fails to realize is that The Strokes have ALREADY sold out. They did that the second that they signed with a mega-giant record lable and were on the cover of Spin & Rolling Stone.
January 27th, 2006 01:06 PM
The Wick
quote:
flexy633 wrote:
How come the Stones always get bashed for being too old? What about when The Who goes on tour? I never hear the old comments regarding them or bands saying, "I don't want to end up like the Who. They are old men trying to be young."

Because the world is filled with jealous pricks who are all pissed off that Jagger can still rule the stage better than anyone and that every guitar player still wants to be Keith, not to mention the girls and the money.
January 27th, 2006 03:38 PM
highwire This doesn't surprise me. I bought into the hype and bought the first Strokes album when it came out. They had been compared to young Rolling Stones.
I listened to it once and buried it. No comparison with Stones. Pretenious boring crap it was. I'm not even curious about what theyv'e been up to since or what their new album might sound like.
One of most over rated over hyped new bands ever. They won't last.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)