ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Superbowl halftime show, Ford Field, Detroit February 5, 2006
© Frank Micelotta, with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: MSG, NYC January 20, 2006 Setlist, reviews and pix Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
January 25th, 2006 04:38 PM
Gazza
quote:
charlotte wrote:
SS, I am also wondering where Gazza's other hand is located or touching or grabbing...they both have a BIG smile..

its patting Sir Stonesalot on his head..Benny Hill-style.. while hes taking turns to blow both JB and myself

Fortunately he's just out of the shot...
[Edited by Gazza]
January 25th, 2006 07:22 PM
tumbling dice
quote:
WeepingDandelion wrote:

There is a video on Shidoobee
http://homepage.mac.com/sholmes161/iMovieTheater40.html

[Edited by WeepingDandelion]

Thanks,i loved it!
January 25th, 2006 09:12 PM
LadyJane I'm no throbby...but I am PROUD to say that these were taken by ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cannot believe I was SO close to these guys!!!!

LJ.

[Edited by LadyJane]
[Edited by LadyJane]
[Edited by LadyJane]
January 25th, 2006 09:57 PM
pdog I heard screams " Don't grab my ears, I know what I'm doing"!!!
Was it
a) Feej and Riffy
b) SS and Gazza
c) Maxlugar (alone in the bathroom)
January 25th, 2006 10:17 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I'm no throbby...but I am PROUD to say that these were taken by ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cannot believe I was SO close to these guys!!!!

LJ.

[Edited by LadyJane]

I am so jealous!! Great pictures!!
[Edited by Gazza]
January 25th, 2006 10:30 PM
LadyJane Thanks.....check email MEG.

Hmmmmm...Amsterdam sounds good in the late Summer, no??
January 25th, 2006 10:34 PM
PartyDoll MEG So... So... Tempting!!
January 26th, 2006 06:15 AM
egon Gazza & SS...?

January 26th, 2006 07:55 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
egon wrote:
Gazza & SS...?

LOL seems I didn't miss anything unusual
January 26th, 2006 08:50 AM
throbby Way to go LJ! I was wondering, was that your tongue purse I saw floating above the din by the b stage?
January 26th, 2006 12:00 PM
jaggergurl LJ!!! WOW!!! GREAT SHOTS!!!
January 26th, 2006 12:54 PM
LadyJane
quote:
throbby wrote:
Way to go LJ! I was wondering, was that your tongue purse I saw floating above the din by the b stage?

I've been scouring pics for that damned purse. Do you have a shot???

LJ.
January 26th, 2006 08:20 PM
throbby Hey LJ! I wasn't able to get a shot of that damned purse.

January 26th, 2006 08:44 PM
throbby I see a line of cars....

January 27th, 2006 05:18 PM
TomL You guys don't want to go to Amsterdam, no fun there?
January 27th, 2006 05:19 PM
pdog Who needs Amsterdam when you got room 3854....
January 27th, 2006 05:25 PM
TomL Toml,
Whether it is your real name I don’t know.
Fact is that it’s origin is Dutch and means “city by the river, and it’s called Amsterdam”
Really, I am not making this stuff up.

Man don't get me started. Let me get through the next four shows first. One of the shows is on my birthday. My only fear is I won't come back.
January 27th, 2006 05:38 PM
TomL Shake and Bake for a week.......
January 27th, 2006 07:51 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
January 28th, 2006 11:01 AM
jaggergurl *sigh*... can we go back to NYC and see that show again?

what wonderful pics of a great night... and the pics of the summit of the century are great... LJ, that smile on your face brightens up the whole place... *hugs*
January 31st, 2006 10:27 AM
Sir Stonesalot Well, I finally got around to doing a review of the 1/20 MSG show...not the Summit and such...just the gig.

So here we go....

1 Jumping Jack Flash
2 IORR
3 Lets Spend the Night Together
4 ONNYA

High energy opening. I think the adrenaline from the crowd fed some fire to the Stones. Contact buzz. JJF is a great opener...instantly recognizable so even the casual fan is forced to get up off his/her ass. They also know it inside and out, so when they decide to bring the A game....the roof gets torn off the sucka. The band sounded much tighter than they did on the first leg.

5 SWAY!!!!

I gotta tell ya...this was never one of my fave songs. It's ok, and I don't hate it by any stretch, but it's not high on my list. It ain't no Midnight Rambler, that's for sure. But lemme tell you, I was impressed as hell. This came off really great live. Everyone had their shit together. To my ears, this version was MUCH better than the Columbus version. You could tell that they had been working on it. I think it helped that I was down front for this one. The band really looked like they were having fun.

6 As Tears Go By
7 Rain Fall Down

I thought that these two really sapped the momentum that the show had built up to this point. RFD was much better than the last time I saw it(the AMAs! LOL!). But it's still a pretty lame song...playing it well doesn't change that.

8 Ain't too proud to beg
9 Gimme Shelter

KA-BOOM!! GahDAMMM. I promise you, I have never seen the band looking like they were having as much fun as they looked during ATPTB. They kept the tempo up and this song absolutely COOKED. And the crowd went WILD...which fed the Stones, who turned it up a notch...and then the roof came offa MSG. I thought I was gonna have a heart attack. Then they did the Gimme Shelter intro and I lost my mind. Lisa upstaged everyone. This was one of the highlight songs of the show. This is why The Rolling Stones are STILL the greatest band on the face of this or any other planet. There is no other band that can pull off something like this. Amazing and astounding. Made the three figure price tag of the ticket all worthwhile.

10 Tumbling DIce

I love this song. But honestly, I can't remember a thing about it. That is how good ATPTB and GS were.

11 This Place is Empty
12 Happy

This Place blew chunks. Zzzzzzzz. I left to go piss. I NEVER go to piss during a show. The line at the pisser was long. Happy was ok. Ronnie played a hot lap steel, but he always does. It seemed like this was on cruise control already. No major fuck ups, so that was pretty cool.

13 Miss You

A New York song. The crowd ate it up big time. People doing the rump shake all over the place. Not a SS fave, but it was well played and white boy funky. Daryl really helps this song live.

15 Start Me Up
16 Get Off Of My Cloud
17 HTW
18 Sympathy

B-Stage. SMU is a great B-stage song. It seems more energized. Maybe it comes from the band playing so close together? I dunno, but it rocked hard that night. As hard as I've heard it rock in a very long time. Get Off is another great B-Stager. Chaz really gets a chance to swing it. He is so good on this one. Drives it like Michael Schumacher. The band was really having fun with this one too. I thought HTW really cooked for a change. You know it's a special night when the Stones keep the intensity up on the autopilot songs. Best version of HTW that I've seen in a long time.

19 Paint It Black

I had 4 heart attacks and a stroke during this song. HOLY FUCK!!! I have seen the Stones 16 times now. This may be the best thing that I have ever seen in any of those 16 shows. That good. No kidding. I felt like Charlie was pounding on my guts. They had Ronnie's electric sitar up in the mix, and it was mind blowing. Reason #2 why The Rolling Stones are the greatest band on this or any other planet.

20 Brown Sugar
21 YCAGWYW
22 Satisfaction

Yeah, I dunno. I was still trying to recover from PIB. You have 4 heart attacks and a stroke and try to remember BS, YCAGWYW, and Satisfaction. I remember being sad that it was over. I remember yelling a lot. I remember my pal Butterbean grabbing me in a bear hug and yelling something unintelligble in my ear...the only words I could pick out were "fucking amazing".

I skipped the afterparty at Stouts to go to BB Kings to see Ivan Neville and Dumpstaphunk. Yeah, that was fucking amazing too. But The Stones had used and abused me. I was eviserated. I wish I had had more to give to Dumpstaphunk...but I just didn't. The Stones got the best of me.

I hope that there is a decent copy of the 1/20 MSG show out there. I need it. But I don't know if I'm ready yet to listen to it again. I need some more time.

January 31st, 2006 10:40 AM
charlotte Excellent review SS, excellent review!!!!!
February 1st, 2006 11:34 PM
BSORocks check dimeadozen
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)