ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Superbowl halftime show, Ford Field, Detroit February 5, 2006
© Frank Micelotta, with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: MSG, NYC January 20, 2006 Setlist, reviews and pix Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
January 23rd, 2006 04:39 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Nobody can do it Nanky, come to Mexico City and you'll see more
January 23rd, 2006 04:42 PM
Gazza
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Did you grab Bruce's balls by chance???

No, but I would have liked to have grabbed her's....

January 23rd, 2006 04:48 PM
Joey
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Here are some more from MEG. She asked me to post them here.

Riffy, PartyDollMEG, Gazza

Jaxx, Gazza, Scope, Maxlugar, LJ, MEG, Glencar (from Wednesday's PreParty.

TomL, MEG, LJ, Peggy, TeriL.

LJ formally inducting MEG into the ROCC!!

SheRat, MEG, Nanky (what the HELL is he doing???)

Enjoy.

LJ.

Nice Photos of Everyone --- A Lovely Bunch Indeed ..... I wish I could have been there !!!!

" Nanky (what the HELL is he doing???) "

Nanky ?!?!?!

J. " Snuggles " Fly !

[ Edited by Snuggles ]

[Edited by Joey]
January 23rd, 2006 04:49 PM
nankerphelge Clearly I realized I had a smelly ass!!
January 23rd, 2006 04:51 PM
Gazza
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Clearly I realized I had a smelly ass!!

nope...I'd just grabbed your nuts and had ran away...
January 23rd, 2006 04:52 PM
nankerphelge Yeah right!!!

Wouldn't be a NY summit without a nanky castration!!
January 23rd, 2006 05:13 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Bruce Willis joined the band onstage to play harmonica and lend a bit of backup vocals although he was pretty low key. Jimmy Rip also joined in on guitar. Ivan Neville stayed behind the keyboards all night. Very tight and incredibly funky band he has. Fowler was excellent. They did a superb version of "Thank You Falettinme Be Mice Elf Again" towards the end and the show wrapped up some time after 3 am.

Willis was "low key" because he was stoned out of his tree. He could barely move let alone sing, or open his eyes.

Ivan Neville was great, as always. Very talented. Mostly keys & vox. But got on the guitar for a few.

highlight for me was Bernard singing Sly's "Que Sera Sera". Quite a few Sly & old school funk covers. I was hoping for some Stones but a fun time.
January 23rd, 2006 06:35 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Willis was "low key" because he was stoned out of his tree. He could barely move let alone sing, or open his eyes.

Ivan Neville was great, as always. Very talented. Mostly keys & vox. But got on the guitar for a few.

highlight for me was Bernard singing Sly's "Que Sera Sera". Quite a few Sly & old school funk covers. I was hoping for some Stones but a fun time.

I didn't know you were there too - we were in front of the sax player all night.

Bruce was playing shite, in the wrong key, during Que Sera Sera - then he yelled to Ivan that his harp was an "A" (I wondered why he didn't check what key the song was in before he started wrecking it)so Ivan politely segued into "You Gotta Move" (the Billy Preston cock dance version), but Bruce STILL couldn't think of anything to play. Finally, in their great version of Larry Williams' "Bad Boy", Willis came up with a brief solo that didn't suck, and then went backstage where he belonged.

Highlight of the night was "Thank You falettinme etc", which Ivan played guitar on, and which I now know requires TWO basses to REALLY bring the funk.

Those guys are incredible.
January 23rd, 2006 07:22 PM
LadyJane
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

3.- The Rocks Off tee looks great backside-front

I'm glad you liked it. I cannot tell you howe many people asked "Where did you get that great shirt"

I just pointed to rocksoff.org.....I felt like a walking billboard for RO. In fact one guy said to me.."Where else can you learn about a website and check out a woman's breasts at the same time." I just laughed....he then bought me a flashy Stones Tongue pin. I now own at least 28 of those damned things!!!!!!!!

You were missed Gerardo!!!

LJ.
January 24th, 2006 01:34 PM
egon

very glad I made it to NYC & the summit. Had a blast.

Lj,
I feel the summit is the start of many GOOD things for you this year J
You are great. Special hugs & kisses for you.
We didn’t get to spend as much time together as I would have liked, but NYC was calling me and I couldn’t resist her beauty.
Guess you’ll just have to come to Amsterdam so we can spend some more time.
I’ll even give you the big tour; “this is a canal, that’s a bike, over there’s a cheese market, Let’s drink!!!!”

Nanky,
I understand that it was you who picked up the oversized bar tab at Stouts.
If only I had known… but thanks very much!
Now you definitely have to come to Amsterdam, So I can re-pay you in fresh Heinekens.
You can fly together with LJ… yes, she’s coming too!

SS, thanks for the discs. You are a generous guy.
Will check the ipod software this weekend. Anyway you’ll have the disc back when I see you in Amsterdam. (Meantime my Russian contacts are working on “that other thing”)

Feej,
So you are not from Hawaii, but that’s ok; no one’s perfect and you’re still a great & funny guy. And as for your request; of course I will check out hotels in Amsterdam for you.

Pdog,
So you really REALLY don’t drink….
But that’s cool; anyone that wears a “fucker” t-shirt is ok in my book.
I’ll probably be in your area towards the end of the year, so might look you up.
(I’ll do all the drinking) I’ll give you the exact dates when I see you in Amsterdam.

Riffy,
I never knew you were the son of wolfman jack!
I very much enjoyed our little political discussion, though I can’t remember anymore what it was about.
I also would like to thank you for not having kicked my ass because I live in France.
Speaking of France; Amsterdam is not there, it’s in The Netherlands. Flights are really cheap from NYC, which used to be called Amsterdam too.

PartydollMEG,
You are a very sweet person & I enjoyed our little breakfast together.
I hear a bunch of people are meeting up in Amsterdam this summer.
I believe it’s in the Netherlands. Wouldn’t it be cool if we were going too?

Maxmeister,
Great fun in the bar, and enjoyed our conversation in the hotel the next day.
I suggest you talk to LJ, Nanky, SS, Feej, pdog riffy and partydoll about Amsterdam, as I understand they are going as well.

Gazza,
Am glad I got to spend a few hours with you, On our way to the airport.
You’re Irish, which basically says it all. Speaking of; Ireland, that’s really close to….

Payphone al,
Thanks for making sure I didn’t die in the subway. I’ll do the same for you when we ride the Amsterdam metro.

JB,
Why so many people dislike you I’ll never know. We Dutch only love.
Especially in Amsterdam, which people sometimes refer to as “the city where they love Josh”
(No shit)

Scope,
It all went too fast & it was too short.
Thanks for the NYC travel tips & I do hope we will meet again in the near future for more quality time.

Maxlugar,
He has his OWN website, which practically makes him king of a small country like say…. The Netherlands.
Come home my king!

Luxy & jaxx,
You both have a very firm handshake. I wish I could say more nice things about you,
But these are the cold hard facts; We did not get to talk.
Please let me make it up to you somehow, somewhere soon….

Sherat,
I took the whiskey, that you left in the hotel, with me.
Unfortunately when I changed planes In Amsterdam I forgot it at the customs.
But don’t worry, I’m sure it’ll still be drinkable in 6 months or so

Throbby,
You Really are a tall and handsome devil. Kinda Like us Dutch folk!

Toml,
Whether it is your real name I don’t know.
Fact is that it’s origin is Dutch and means “city by the river, and it’s called Amsterdam”
Really, I am not making this stuff up.

Martha,
You are last, but certainly not least. You are a great woman.
The funny thing is that, although your name is very Spanish, it reminds me of my motherland (I’m Dutch you know). So whenever I think of you, I see my beautiful country & that great city where I was born…

The summit of the century has ended. If only there was something else to live for now….

[Edited by egon]
January 24th, 2006 05:20 PM
nankerphelge No one can resist Amsterdam after that post!!!

It's just gotta happen.

January 24th, 2006 05:26 PM
scope Come on Nanky, repeat after me

Must go to Amsterdam, must go to Amsterdam

Say, is that were they make Amstel Light?
January 24th, 2006 05:31 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
No one can resist Amsterdam after that post!!!

It's just gotta happen.

True. Now I gotta go to Amsterdam (or Old New York) as well. Damn that 30 minute trip to the stadium.
January 24th, 2006 05:33 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
scope wrote:
Must go to Amsterdam, must go to Amsterdam

Say, is that were they make Amstel Light?

Actually, no, I think that's made at the Heineken brewery in Zoeterwoude (next door to my work, hate seeing that large red Heineken sign every day out of my office window).
January 24th, 2006 05:37 PM
charlotte July 30 and August 1......hmmmmmm sounds doable to me!!
January 24th, 2006 07:28 PM
LadyJane If Ambassador Egon says we must go...well I guess we really have to give this SERIOUS consideration.

Stupid Amex just raised my credit limit.......hmmmmmmmmm

You'll NEVER get me out of the coffee shops.

LJ.

January 24th, 2006 08:27 PM
nankerphelge Okay -- no BS -- we have to take this seriously.

This will require some leg-work, but I suspect we can find good airfare, good lodging, and tickeys for a reasonable price.

I will start my search immediately!!
[Edited by nankerphelge]
January 24th, 2006 08:44 PM
Gazza Nanky..I like your new signature...it seems we have the same 'sources'..I just hope people are paying attention over the next few hours.......
January 24th, 2006 08:46 PM
PartyDoll MEG Amsterdam would be so fun... Go to it Nanky!!
January 24th, 2006 08:50 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Nanky..I like your new signature...it seems we have the same 'sources'..I just hope people are paying attention over the next few hours.......

Fear not.......we have a beloved RO'er ON THE SCENE.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh

LJ.

PS...Speaking of signatures..........I just love "We need some sheep"
[Edited by LadyJane]
January 24th, 2006 08:57 PM
Gazza "GREETED - OFFICIALLY!"

(thanks, Meg)
[Edited by Gazza]
January 25th, 2006 12:37 AM
nick i was at the show last friday at msg. not only was i at the show, but i was backstage at the show. you see, my friend is on tour with the band, sort of throwing parties for all the big wig sponsors before each show. and this is what i have to say about my experience....

first of all, let me say that i am a lifelong stones fan. seen them 4 times, twice backstage. and i'm sure most of you have seen them many more times than i.

second of all, I was the one who put all those damn triangular lanyards saying "VIP experience and no backstage access" in those damn leather cases. and we're talking at least a couple hundred. they were being given away to a bunch of rich white folks who shelled out hundreds of dollars to attend a private party sponsored by effen vodka. to the guy who fortuitously got one with the t-shirts he bought for his family, i'm glad at least one ended up with someone who really appreciated it. nothin against rich investment bankers or anything, but i will say that the people in the front row don't belong there. in fact the best show i've ever been to was in the last row, literally, of the upper deck at giant's stadium during bridges to babylon. only true fans were up that high, that's for sure.

third, i had an awesome time on friday. i mean, mick and the boys walked right past me after they closed with satisfaction (typical) and made a bee line to their limos/SUVs/vans with their robes already on. i'm blessed, i know. and i do think they had good energy and performed well (cuz i seen them lazy and sloppy before, except for mick- he has endless energy). but who's kidding who... their set list was terrible! i mean, i love IORR, SFD, HTW, etc etc etc etc as much as the next guy, but c'mon! i could list a HUNDRED b sides they could've played which would've given the real fans wet underpants! all i'm saying is we should all expect a little more from the greatest band of all time.
January 25th, 2006 01:56 AM
gypsy
quote:

jb, you are the most handsome man on RO. Tall, tan, intelligent. You are the total package.

Oh, and Gazza, you're not too bad yourself.
January 25th, 2006 05:02 AM
Gazza thanks, Gypsy

sorry you couldnt make it to NY in the end. You were missed.
January 25th, 2006 09:36 AM
Sir Stonesalot Damn right she was missed.

By some more than others.
January 25th, 2006 12:26 PM
pdog Missed doesn't even begin to hit the nail on the head...
January 25th, 2006 12:38 PM
Sir Stonesalot Hey Gazza...

In that pic with JB, are you standing on the seat of the bar stool, or just on the 2nd rung? Or was JB kneeling down on his knees?

January 25th, 2006 12:55 PM
charlotte SS, I am also wondering where Gazza's other hand is located or touching or grabbing...they both have a BIG smile..
January 25th, 2006 01:06 PM
chevysales
quote:
nick wrote:
i was at the show last friday at msg. not only was i at the show, but i was backstage at the show. you see, my friend is on tour with the band, sort of throwing parties for all the big wig sponsors before each show. and this is what i have to say about my experience....

first of all, let me say that i am a lifelong stones fan. seen them 4 times, twice backstage. and i'm sure most of you have seen them many more times than i.

second of all, I was the one who put all those damn triangular lanyards saying "VIP experience and no backstage access" in those damn leather cases. and we're talking at least a couple hundred. they were being given away to a bunch of rich white folks who shelled out hundreds of dollars to attend a private party sponsored by effen vodka. to the guy who fortuitously got one with the t-shirts he bought for his family, i'm glad at least one ended up with someone who really appreciated it. nothin against rich investment bankers or anything, but i will say that the people in the front row don't belong there. in fact the best show i've ever been to was in the last row, literally, of the upper deck at giant's stadium during bridges to babylon. only true fans were up that high, that's for sure.

third, i had an awesome time on friday. i mean, mick and the boys walked right past me after they closed with satisfaction (typical) and made a bee line to their limos/SUVs/vans with their robes already on. i'm blessed, i know. and i do think they had good energy and performed well (cuz i seen them lazy and sloppy before, except for mick- he has endless energy). but who's kidding who... their set list was terrible! i mean, i love IORR, SFD, HTW, etc etc etc etc as much as the next guy, but c'mon! i could list a HUNDRED b sides they could've played which would've given the real fans wet underpants! all i'm saying is we should all expect a little more from the greatest band of all time.

that was me who shared it with his daughter.
hardcore fan since gator bowl in 75.
the leather case will go in my collection...the pass will get used in ft lauderdale.

jb i wish to be greated again
January 25th, 2006 04:37 PM
Gazza
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Hey Gazza...

In that pic with JB, are you standing on the seat of the bar stool, or just on the 2nd rung? Or was JB kneeling down on his knees?

We're both fully standing, baldy

You cheeky c**t

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)