ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Superbowl halftime show, Ford Field, Detroit February 5, 2006
© Frank Micelotta, with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: MSG, NYC January 20, 2006 Setlist, reviews and pix Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
January 22nd, 2006 10:16 AM
throbby
January 22nd, 2006 11:15 AM
PartyDoll MEG Thanks, Resident Photographer for the great pictures. It was a pleasure to meet both you and Luxy at Stout's.

O.K. I think I am ready to share my thoughts. MSG was an unforgettable experience. Both nights were great, but Friday was memorable because the Crowd and Band meshed!! I will leave the song by song detail to the Long Winded!! This was my last concert of the tour and I pray that there will be more to come!!!
Such a pleasure to share this experience with a great bunch of Stones Freaks (that's what my non-Stones friends call us) pre and post show and at the Marriott.
LadyJane and Scope: Great job planning and executing
the Summit! Thanks for your hard work. It was
perfect!
Voodoo: You were sorely missed!
Jaxx: Thanks for sharing!
Gazza and Egon: a "Perfect Pleasure"
Throbby and Luxy: a perfect pair
She-Rat: even if I was 30 years younger, I couldn't
keep up with you!
Martha and Chris: My Midwest friends meet MSG!!
Maxy, TomL, Riffy, Nanky, pdog, Feeji, Glencar,
Maxmeister, Payphone Al: What a friendly bunch of
Fuckers!! We will meet again....

Special Announcement: PartyDoll MEG was greeted at the lower level concession stand by the Great JB and son. She wasn't even on THE List!(hehehe)
January 22nd, 2006 12:27 PM
pdog How about the guy in the biz suit. He was on Ronnies side doing an intense air guitar... Keith was over there and at first I thought this is kinda weird, the guy in suit is doing air guitar right in front of Keith... Then there was literally this intense enrgy and i realized Keith was feeding of this guys excitement... Then Keith tossed him a pick, it was amzing... For something seeming very cliche or contrived, to witness it really blew me away...
Incredible energy level...
January 22nd, 2006 12:35 PM
keefer I just want to say a big THANK YOU for the planning of the party. I post mostly at Gasland, but I was not made to feel like an outsider. I was honored to meet many of you, but I can't put too many names & faces together except for a few.

Scope - thanks for making me feel welcome! If you did not come away with the LSTNT DVD, LMK and I will send you a copy. It was cool bumping into you near the B-stage on Wed!

Josh - well, we always seem to bump into each other, but don't get to talk too much. Guess that's the price you pay for being so popular(lol). I'll look for you in Ft L... I will be at whatever party is going on with Payphone Al close by!

Pdog & SheRat - I am truly sorry that I was unable to hang afterwords. Unlike Wednesday, I was with my wife & 4 others (non-board members) that wanted to go to Walters instead. I fought them all for the precious time I had there with everyone. I felt like I missed a golden opportunity to get to know both of you a little better, and have been feeling a little down ever since.

And finally, thanks to everyone else who was there. I was a little hesitant to come at first because I knew that it was a RO party, but I knew I couldn't pass up the chance to meet a few Gassers that I knew would be there. You all made me feel like I was amongst friends, and I am truly greatful for that. I just may have to visit over here a little more often!
January 22nd, 2006 12:44 PM
Riffhard
quote:
pdog wrote:
How about the guy in the biz suit. He was on Ronnies side doing an intense air guitar... Keith was over there and at first I thought this is kinda weird, the guy in suit is doing air guitar right in front of Keith... Then there was literally this intense enrgy and i realized Keith was feeding of this guys excitement... Then Keith tossed him a pick, it was amzing... For something seeming very cliche or contrived, to witness it really blew me away...

Yo pdog,

I think you mean this guy---->"You know, the mind works in a strange way. Before the show, I had this vibe that this might be the last show in NY. Well if it was, it was monumental.
Sat in the loge first row adjacent to the stage (again proving the point that it makes no sense to pay $450 a seat when they are there for the taking nightly). Then, during Brown Sugar, Keith comes over and he and I (on air guitar, of course) jam away for several minutes . . . AND THEN HE SMILES, GRABS MY HAND, GIVES ME A 1-20-06 GUITAR PICK AND WE SALUTE EACH OTHER!

WHAT CAN YOU SAY?"

fromm the Tell Me board!

Riffy

January 22nd, 2006 01:03 PM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Yo pdog,

I think you mean this guy---->"You know, the mind works in a strange way. Before the show, I had this vibe that this might be the last show in NY. Well if it was, it was monumental.
Sat in the loge first row adjacent to the stage (again proving the point that it makes no sense to pay $450 a seat when they are there for the taking nightly). Then, during Brown Sugar, Keith comes over and he and I (on air guitar, of course) jam away for several minutes . . . AND THEN HE SMILES, GRABS MY HAND, GIVES ME A 1-20-06 GUITAR PICK AND WE SALUTE EACH OTHER!

WHAT CAN YOU SAY?"

fromm the Tell Me board!

Riffy

That was it... That and Lisa's back up on Gimme Shelter gave me goosebumps.
January 22nd, 2006 03:54 PM
jaggergurl
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I have no voice...I have no muscle strength...I am so overwhelmed.

Great seat by the B Stage. Thanks Luxy.

I got my song. ATGB.

PIB was IMO THE best performance I have EVER seen from this BAnd.

MSG is magic. They feed off the crowd and vice versa.

Thank you Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie.

It's about to rain in NYC. I guess even Mother Nature herself is a little sad to see this adventure come to a close.

What a band....What a great group of friends.

LJ.

there is not a better way to saay it than that.. was thinking of you LJ when ATGB was playing.. smiling and tears for you friend, you got your song.. personalized just for you.. xoxoxoxox... I am sorry that I did not get to Stouts... that makes me so dissappointed..hope to get another chance in the fall with a return of the band if we are so blessed.. but what a wonderful evening... and the energy from so many great people and so many great friends and fans in that place was immeasurable...THANK YOU ROLLING STONES!!
January 22nd, 2006 04:57 PM
chevysales
quote:
pdog wrote:
How about the guy in the biz suit. He was on Ronnies side doing an intense air guitar... Keith was over there and at first I thought this is kinda weird, the guy in suit is doing air guitar right in front of Keith... Then there was literally this intense enrgy and i realized Keith was feeding of this guys excitement... Then Keith tossed him a pick, it was amzing... For something seeming very cliche or contrived, to witness it really blew me away...

that was "the soul survivor" from iorr... read his review about his air guitar act... they showed it on the screen he was wailing away in his biz suit...must have just came from work?
http://www.iorr.org/tour05/msg3.htm

how about the two knuckleheads when keith came back over... they stood there with their arms crossed wondered what the hell they were even there for with that body language. they showed that on the screen also and what an exact opposite of previous moment.

i mean the "vibes" from the 2 scenarios were exact opposites.
[Edited by chevysales]
January 22nd, 2006 06:32 PM
Joey " Flying once again over Omaha to see The Stones (3x's)..."

January 22nd, 2006 09:31 PM
LadyJane I'm reading all of these words of thanks directed to ME.....believe me I need to thank each of YOU.

Each person who gave me a hug and a kiss and a wish of condolence and constantly looked out for me....you will NEVER know how important you are to me. EACH ONE OF YOU. YOU gave me the strength I need to face the future. The Summit empowered me.

Just a few personal kudos...and if I had the time I'd mention every single person in attendance. But I'm wiped out.....

Riffy and Pdog...my knights in shining armor. Both shows were unique and special. Wednesday being my first trip to MSG...Riffy you were great! What fun. Friday I was way more emotional. Thanks Pdog for the shoulder on which to cry.

Max, it was an honor to finally meet you. Thanks for having us.....and for letting me post from your PC. Now will ya PLEASE get your hearing checked....you are as DEAF as a post!!!! LMAO.

SheRat...our little spitfire. Didn't we have fun walking arm and arm to the THEATRE?
Leave it to you and I to start shedding tears at the exact same moments.

MEG...I feel I've known you my entire life. You have an amazing warmth of sprit and I appreciate every second we got to spend together.

scope...you are a dear friend...you took charge and were a GREAT host to ALL of us. Walking to the Garden with you, Max and Riffy on Wednesday was when I started to feel like I could laugh again.

SS...thanks for the extra special hugs and the CD's.

Nanky and TomL...my two Buddies. You two have been holding my hand for a long time now and you both know how much you mean to me. Spending Saturday evening with you guys was magic. The limo ride (thank you Nanky) was too cool.

Martha....dear, dear Sister. You are one of the most genuine and kindest people I have ever met. Remember....we are now uncursed. The Stones blessed us both with much needed comfort. The medicine that only they could provide.

Josh...my friend. Your grand entrace into Stout was well...so JB. I loved it. May I tarnish your horrible reputation by revealing that YOU have been so supportive and have sent some incredibly moving notes? There I did it.

Throbby, Lux, Feej and Blue. Great to see you all again. Always a pleasure.

Egon, Jaxx, Gazza, Payphone Al, Maxmeister. Great to meet you and now call YOU friends.

To all I have failed to mention....please know I'm still wrapping my head around this experience. EVERY person touched my soul.

And last but not least...I raise a glass to my liver. I'm so sorry, dear liver. You were a real sport and I promise I will give you some rest!!

My pics will be posted in a few days.

Gold rings on each of you!!!

much love,
LJ.
January 22nd, 2006 10:27 PM
Maxmeister I thought I'd spend most of this day recuperating but so far it's not needed. There's still a piece of the NYC high left in the bod.
My 49 hours on the ground could not have been better. Hanging with old friends, making new friends, attending a Stones gig in MSG again was truly beyond priceless. More thoughts and observations will be coming.

Swaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!

Rick
January 23rd, 2006 05:26 AM
Gazza I'm just home and I'm going to get to bed for a few hours as I'm wrecked

This was one of the best few trips I've ever had anywhere. The shows were great and the people I met were without exception truly warm,wonderful and great fun. Special thanks from me to Jaxx and her sister for giving me a place to crash and to Scope, LJ and Maxy for all their efforts in organising everything. If I've missed anyone out, its unintentional. Seeing so many familiar faces again was fantastic and it was just as special to meet so many new folks for the first time.

Sorry that we missed those of you who tried their best to be there but who couldnt due to circumstances beyond their control (Voodoo, Pam, Starbuck, Pug, PERKS etc) - you were all missed and in our thoughts. For those of you who WERE in NY but didnt make it to Stouts - you missed a great time both nights and shoulda been there.

Jaxx and I also made it to BB King's for the Ivan Neville show and ended up chatting to Bruce Willis, who gave us his autograph. A top bloke.

Just switched on my PC to see the pic Throbby posted of the pre-show crowd at Stouts on the 1/18 thread but it doesnt seem to show anymore (must be a bandwidth problem). Can it be fixed?

Anyway, while I wait on that and go away to catch some zzzz's, a few words from Andrew Oldham, which sums the whole trip up for me :

So thank you..all those we remember had it on the rocks, but forgot the rocks they got off on.
Do you recall the diplomatic Jaggered Jagger and his henchmen, Keith whose image we heard first
Listen to the songs they wrote and wrote,
While Brian played his magic notes
A team of time that make us all remain with Lady Jane,
But yesterday don't matter till it's gone....

[Edited by Gazza]
January 23rd, 2006 10:11 AM
nankerphelge I am still wrapping my tiny little alcohol-polluted brain around this weekend. It was truly overwhelming!

We got to Stout around 3:30 and were the first ROers there. Spoke with Doug and Old KR and two guys from Boston whose names escape me, but I remebered their pix of a rolling party from a few years back!!

Then Scope shows up and we had a couple and ate.
Then SS came in and we had a couple.

Then I'm coming from the bathroom and I see this guy in a raincoat, lookin' like he's ready to flash someone -- it's Gazza!!

Next thing you know, the avalanche of people started -- my partners in crime, TomL, Terri, LJ -- love you three so much -- we had a blast!

Then comes PDog, SheRat and Feej...
What a trio!!
PDog, I am convinced, does not sleep ever.
SheRat, loved the hat -- where did you go girl?!
Feej, sorry we didn't get more time to spend together!

Then in comes egon and his friend!
egon, you are one fun guy -- sorry we missed you Saturday, but we will catch you again in July/August in AMSTERDAM!!!

After that, it was just a blur -- Meg, it was a pleasure to meet you -- you were so cute!! And it was great meeting your friend - she handled the lunacy quite well!!

Mr. Peppers -- tell PERKS what he missed. Nice meeting you and your girlfriend.

Jaxxy -- love ya dear, sorry we didn't get tuned up together, but I'm sure we will again soon! You looked great!

Maxy -- you looked like your were truly worried that you'd have to get dialysis!!

Maxmeister -- (know your Max) -- great seening you again -- always fun hoisting with ya!

Right about the time I had my 6th Heineken, some smart-ass comes up behind me and gives me the old "knock your knee out" -- no, not any smart ass -- a smart ass of the luxy kind!! Good seeing you and throbby again! At one point, I was looking over the crowd of people and I see throbby's head towering above everyone -- looking at me with that same "wow, this is alright" nod of the head!!! Damn right! And watch those pictures there shutterbug (wink wink)!!!

jb & son made a surprise greet! Good seeing you again counselor! Nice job with the '78 shirt for junior!

Riffy -- man what a guy! When Riffy smiles, you can't help but smile right along!! And yet another spliffy with Riffy!

I'm sure I missed some of you -- it is not intentional I promise -- just brain cell depletion!!

You are all so very special, it is easy to forget just how great a show we got!!

See y'all soon!
January 23rd, 2006 11:32 AM
TomL What a great time in NYC. So nice to see everyone again. I thought Gazza was going to flash someone. So many good memories. Great times with good people. Nanky thanks so much for the special ride to Little Italy Saturday. We blew the roof off that one. We all better cherish these times. What a fuckin show. Hope you Chicago fuckers get something special Monday. Don't worry we will all be back in NYC next fall.
January 23rd, 2006 12:09 PM
egon I'm back too. what a great weekend.

been up for over 24 hours... very tired, will post more tomorrow.

but now i have to go and take care of the depression
which just hit me.

I think beer is the way to go.

A lot.

January 23rd, 2006 12:29 PM
nankerphelge Your meet and greet list just got longer egon!!!
January 23rd, 2006 12:34 PM
egon yah baby!

some video clips shot with my mobile phone.
(not very good quality, but hey...)

http://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=06VIYC4SB61TV1PFLDW75DPK7E
January 23rd, 2006 12:37 PM
egon I'll do the names later....;

January 23rd, 2006 01:14 PM
PartyDoll MEG Just for you Egon!!

January 23rd, 2006 01:52 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:

OMG Egon, you have proof now baby!
January 23rd, 2006 02:12 PM
LadyJane Here are some more from MEG. She asked me to post them here.

Riffy, PartyDollMEG, Gazza

Jaxx, Gazza, Scope, Maxlugar, LJ, MEG, Glencar (from Wednesday's PreParty.

TomL, MEG, LJ, Peggy, TeriL.

LJ formally inducting MEG into the ROCC!!

SheRat, MEG, Nanky (what the HELL is he doing???)

Enjoy.

LJ.

January 23rd, 2006 02:21 PM
nankerphelge Clearing a wedgie, I think!!

[Edited by nankerphelge]
January 23rd, 2006 03:23 PM
Gazza
quote:
TomL wrote:
What a great time in NYC. So nice to see everyone again. I thought Gazza was going to flash someone.

I did. I guess it just wasnt your lucky night
January 23rd, 2006 03:39 PM
Gazza
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I am still wrapping my tiny little alcohol-polluted brain around this weekend. It was truly overwhelming!

We got to Stout around 3:30 and were the first ROers there. Spoke with Doug and Old KR and two guys from Boston whose names escape me, but I remebered their pix of a rolling party from a few years back!!

Bob Tamp and Mike Pelham! Two top guys who I met in London in 2003. Great to see them both again. I really appreciated Doug and OldKR coming by en route to the Shidoobee party to say hello - and, to my delight, they had Cindy P in tow, who I hadnt seen for 7 years and who I didnt know was going to be in New York. What a wonderful surprise. I'm still recovering from the bear-hug!

quote:
Then Scope shows up and we had a couple and ate.
Then SS came in and we had a couple.

Then I'm coming from the bathroom and I see this guy in a raincoat, lookin' like he's ready to flash someone -- it's Gazza!!

ahem - I walked into the bar and the first words I hear, coming from the direction of the steps up from the bathroom, are "hey, you Irish bastard"!! (you've been hanging around with Tom L so long, you're starting to talk like him...!)

January 23rd, 2006 03:57 PM
Gazza This one by Scope comes from Maxy's couch!

(Maxy, Jaxx, Gazza, LadyJane, Fiji Joe, Glencar)
[Edited by Gazza]
January 23rd, 2006 03:59 PM
luxury1 Hey Gazza!--throbby and I went to BB King's only to stand in line for about 45 minutes and then bailed, as we lost our "buzz." How was the band? Bernard on vocals? How long did they play? I am so pissed I didnt get tickets BEFORE the show. Fill me in, please.
January 23rd, 2006 04:11 PM
Gazza Hey Luxy

It was great to see you again and to meet Throbby for the first time

Was expecting to see you guys there and was lookin' for you. We got there a bit late, so i'm not sure what time it started (we bumped into jb and Voodoo Allie on the way up 7th Avenue and turned east at Times Square as Allie thought the club was that direction - walked a couple of blocks and realised it wasnt)

It was a much longer evening that I imagined! We got in after 12.30 and the band was already on. At first I wasnt sure if I was in the mood as my feet were killing me, but I got into it after a while. They played until about 2, took a break and then played another set. Bernard arrived during the first set and 'greeted' a few folks near where were standing. Danny Kortchmar joined the band for a couple of songs on guitar at the end of the 1st set (reason I know it was him was because my new buddy Bruce Willis told me so..heh heh...wish I had a Rocks Off t-shirt to have slapped on him!). Bernard came onstage a couple of songs into the 2nd set and sang on and off during the rest of the night, Bruce Willis joined the band onstage to play harmonica and lend a bit of backup vocals although he was pretty low key. Jimmy Rip also joined in on guitar. Ivan Neville stayed behind the keyboards all night. Very tight and incredibly funky band he has. Fowler was excellent. They did a superb version of "Thank You Falettinme Be Mice Elf Again" towards the end and the show wrapped up some time after 3 am.

For $15, it was a heck of a good evening and a nice way of winding down after the Stones gig.
January 23rd, 2006 04:26 PM
nankerphelge Did you grab Bruce's balls by chance???
January 23rd, 2006 04:27 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Those photos confirm that:

1.- I missed the best gathering so far, I miss you all
    2.- I want to play with dolls
    3.- The Rocks Off tee looks great backside-front
January 23rd, 2006 04:37 PM
nankerphelge We missed you buddy!

We had no one to sing into their shoe!!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)