ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Superbowl halftime show, Ford Field, Detroit February 5, 2006
© Frank Micelotta, with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: MSG, NYC January 20, 2006 Setlist, reviews and pix Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
January 21st, 2006 12:05 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
What an amazing night!

Wow SweetVirginia, you make the task of selecting the header a hard one! Thanks so much for sharing those memories and fuck I was not there... shit!
January 21st, 2006 12:08 PM
FrankiePeppers The show was great, especially with Sway, Ain't Too Proud to Beg, Get OFf My Cloud & As Tears Go By. The band and the crowd fed off each other the entire show.

The pre-show party at Stout was outstanding. Whoever brought the DVDs, thanks. That was fantastic. I was glad to meet many of the members. Hopefully it won't take another 3 yrs to come back to MSG!
January 21st, 2006 12:17 PM
FactoryGirl You can't always get what you want, but...
January 21st, 2006 12:23 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
FactoryGirl wrote:
You can't always get what you want, but...

some bad news; there is already a member called Factory Girl.
January 21st, 2006 12:39 PM
crb69
quote:
FrankiePeppers wrote:
The show was great, especially with Sway, Ain't Too Proud to Beg, Get OFf My Cloud & As Tears Go By. The band and the crowd fed off each other the entire show.

I couldn't have said it better myself...the band rocked last night with a polished sound. Last year they were pure adrenaline that got in the way at times of the performance. I believe jb said he thought they would be better this time around...he was so right! Ronnie played a perfect Paint it Black and shined on the solos to Happy & Sway...missed hearing Rambler but the 2nd version of Sway ever played was a true GEM...MIck singing Mustang Sally at the end of Satisfaction was cool props to the late Wilson Pickett as well.
[Edited by crb69]
January 21st, 2006 12:43 PM
Riffhard Gaaaawwwwddddamn! What a week! Thanks to the Stones for two of the best shows that I have ever seen. Reading the amazing setlists again still cannot really put into perspective just how great Wed's and Friday's shows really were. The general consensus from all the A listers in attendance was that the band really does watch these boards,and I'd have to say that is now a given. Mick made comments on both nights that they were gonna mix it up a bit,and boy did they.

As for the RO'ers and Couchies in attendance? What can I say! We fucking rock! While I'm not trying to rub salt in wounds of those of you who could not attend,(Gerardo you were deeply missed)I must say that it truley was an honor to spend a brilliant Stonsian week with you all. So many memories,so few brain cells left to remember them all! Thanks to the Mile High Mama for,well....you know! Gaza as always it was great to see you. Here's hoping you and Jaxx had a blast at BB Kings. Lady Jane I'm glad that you decided to make the trip,and it was a real pleasure to hang wit cha! Maxlugar!!!! This man has graduated from internet legend to internet God for me! Thanks bro for everything!! If'n ya ever get yourself down to the Shore ring me up. I owe ya big! Pdog,Feej,and SheRat thanks so much for allowing me elbow my way into your hotel room! I could have never made the drive back last night. Your hospitality was generous,and only instills the knowledge that Stones' fans are the coolest bunch in the world.

So many great people,and so much fun was almost overwhelming as Jaxx pointed out,but I will never forget this week in NYC!! Martha and Chris,PartyDoll MEG,Throbby and Luxury,SS,Flea,Maxmaister,Josh was greeted!,Scope,Nanky,Blue(MIA Friday! We looked for you!),and the rest of you lot,thanks!!!

Now I sleep for two days straight,and hopefully when I awake these shows will be available.

Goodnight,and goodluck!

Riffy

[Edited by Riffhard]
January 21st, 2006 12:52 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

Wow SweetVirginia, you make the task of selecting the header a hard one! Thanks so much for sharing those memories and fuck I was not there... shit!

--------------

I don't want to rub in it, but I have never
seen the boys or a crowd having so much fun.
Both nights were the stuff of legend. Wish you
had been there.

--------------
January 21st, 2006 12:53 PM
Riffhard Shit how could I have forgotten Egon!?!?!? What a gent. It was great meeting you Egon. If I'm ever in Marsille I will look you hope! LOL! I'll buy you the first Heineken!

Riffy
January 21st, 2006 12:55 PM
Zack It hurts sometimes to be so far away for many reasons. Times like these are a punch to the gut for me, but I would never be so cynical not to be ecstatic it took place and brought such joy to so many people. What a wonderful phenomena the Stones are, how they put the naysayers in their place with such aplomb. I'm not really sure I can abide missing the European leg. I'll still afford university for my kid somehow.
January 21st, 2006 02:05 PM
luxury1 It was a truly incredible two evenings with the Stones and the Stonesian brethern (sp.? I am so fucking shot....)
I am going to go fight off my impending depression with a brisk walk in the warm windy hills. Hope to see us all again--sooner, rather than later....
January 21st, 2006 03:23 PM
scope Yup, another one for the ages. Has there ever been a better 1-2 punch of back to back shows? Incredible.
And the fact that so many of s got to share it with each other, made it even better. I love meeting up again after the show and seeing the glow on each others face as we soak in what we just experienced. Can't wait to do this all again.

[Edited by scope]
January 21st, 2006 04:41 PM
Joey

*SWAY* ---- YES !!!!!

See everyone in Omaha next Sunday ( QWEST )

J. Fly ! ®
January 21st, 2006 06:52 PM
nankerphelge Well this hasnt been much fun!

You know what the problem is, we ROers aren't any good at a party. Plus the band we worship doesn't deliver the goods when it counts.

Oh well, maybe next time

January 21st, 2006 07:30 PM
speedfreakjive Well, judging on this setlist, if they play MSG again, i'm there FOR SURE!
January 21st, 2006 07:51 PM
Maxlugar [quote]nankerphelge wrote:
Well this hasnt been much fun!

You know what the problem is, we ROers aren't any good at a party. Plus the band we worship doesn't deliver the goods when it counts.

Oh well, maybe next time

Yeah, what a bunch of Mormon's.......
January 21st, 2006 08:36 PM
Bob Tamp Just got back from NYC. WOW. Got to hear fucking SWAY. I know some people are going to bitch, but I thought it came out pretty good. Ronnie Wood was on last night folks.
January 21st, 2006 08:48 PM
PartyDoll MEG Just home from NYC. Only a few brain cells are firing, but I gotta say it was an amazing time! Both days were special treats for me, but Friday the band and the crowd were on the same wave length and it was totally....oops I'm out of brain cells. More later
January 21st, 2006 09:17 PM
pdog I landed in SF a few houes ago.
So many high lights, and I'm not even including one of the best Stones shows ever...
Late nights talking, hanging with LJ for the entire show...
Seeing Jb finally...
Flying once again over Omaha to see The Stones (3x's)...
Going all the way to NYC to hang with my homie She Rat..
Maxlugar, the Uniter!!!
Luxury & Throbby... Nuff said!!!
Scope, living example of why east coaster are cooler than left coasters...
Egon, I really don't drink...LOL! The look on your face was priceless.
I'll write more later, i'm really tired and still buzzing from the experience...
SS, thanks for reminding me that when counting C10 members, it's good to start with the 3 sitting in front of me...
To be continued...
January 21st, 2006 11:16 PM
scope While watching this show, I noticed some woman standing up and dancing around and there was some small light on her. I thought she was just getting into the music and then I realized that she was using sign language to 'speak ' the music. I paused for a moment and thought, oh well that's pretty cool that she's doing that and she looked to be thoroughly enjoying what she was doing, really getting into the music. Then I got to thinking about who she was doing this for. Sign language at a rock concert? Are there people who can't enjoy the band in the way that we do, yet they still are followers? How fucking cool is that. They can't hear it, they must FEEL it. I was totally taken back by this. I found myslef glancing back and forth between her and the stage. I heard the Stones like I never heard them before. On the way out I stopped to chat with this lovely lady. I had to tell her how she was touching more than just the hearing impaired.
January 22nd, 2006 12:03 AM
Child of the Moon Best set list so far. Sounds like a fucking great show.

Yes, I'd love a bootleg of this as well.
January 22nd, 2006 12:25 AM
steel wls I was there. Sec A, row 1. greatest seats, and greatest setlist I ever attended. I regret missing Pdog and She Rat. I was on line buying a beer and Josh was behind me. I recognized him from 03. We talked a while. I met Bruce Willis, John Lithgow, Martin Scorcese, and Ed Bradley. I got all their autograughs except Bruce's. He wouldn't. Great night. I missed She's So Cold, but the highlights were Gimme Shelter, As Tears Go By, Sway, and the show turned me onto Rain Fell Down. This song is better live. For those I missed, see you in 09.
January 22nd, 2006 12:26 AM
steel wls I also met Part Doll. Very friendly. I was happy to see her.
January 22nd, 2006 08:35 AM
maumau just heard sway
i think the band nailed it
and also ronnie did a fair/good job
should keep it in the setlist this way
January 22nd, 2006 08:52 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
maumau wrote:
just heard sway
i think the band nailed it
and also ronnie did a fair/good job
should keep it in the setlist this way

where did you get hold of it; its not up on Dimeadozen yet.
January 22nd, 2006 09:07 AM
throbby

A bit out of focus and out of frame, but one I like.
January 22nd, 2006 09:20 AM
parmeda Once again, Throbby...you have outdone yourself.
And I personally thank you!

btw, that's a great shot of Mick...the last one that you mentioned being all obscured. Those are usually the best!

Great job!
January 22nd, 2006 09:28 AM
throbby Thanks Parmeda!

January 22nd, 2006 09:30 AM
WeepingDandelion
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

where did you get hold of it; its not up on Dimeadozen yet.

There is a video on Shidoobee
http://homepage.mac.com/sholmes161/iMovieTheater40.html

[Edited by WeepingDandelion]
January 22nd, 2006 09:41 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
WeepingDandelion wrote:

There is a video on Shidoobee
http://homepage.mac.com/sholmes161/iMovieTheater40.html
[Edited by WeepingDandelion]

thanks
January 22nd, 2006 09:45 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
scope wrote:
While watching this show, I noticed some woman standing up and dancing around and there was some small light on her. I thought she was just getting into the music and then I realized that she was using sign language to 'speak ' the music. I paused for a moment and thought, oh well that's pretty cool that she's doing that and she looked to be thoroughly enjoying what she was doing, really getting into the music. Then I got to thinking about who she was doing this for. Sign language at a rock concert? Are there people who can't enjoy the band in the way that we do, yet they still are followers? How fucking cool is that. They can't hear it, they must FEEL it. I was totally taken back by this. I found myslef glancing back and forth between her and the stage. I heard the Stones like I never heard them before. On the way out I stopped to chat with this lovely lady. I had to tell her how she was touching more than just the hearing impaired.

Pearl Jam and a few others have been doing this for years

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)