ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
The surreality show

Roundhay Park, Leeds - 25th July 1982 - Last show of the tour
The next tour-show was more than 7 years later!!
© 1982, 2004 Billy Boll
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The female version of Keef? Return to archive
01-29-04 04:22 PM
Saint Sway rock-n-roll has only one Keef
but who do you consider to be his female counterpoint?

I'd have to say LUCINDA WILLIAMS!

this chick is bad ass! She just strikes me as possessing a lot of the cool qualities that make Keef the shit

She lives hard. She rocks hard.

She plays a nasty guitar. Its got that raunchy, twangy exile era sound to it.

She's got the tude. Its that Keef - I dont give a shit attitude.

Shes got the five pack a day raspy vocals too

but most of all, her songwriting reminds me of Keefs stuff. Especially the softer tunes. Very much about hard living and broken hearts, broken promises. Reminds me of the great keef ballads

has anyone here checked her out? I strongly recomend her - especially if your into the Stones Dead Flowers/Torn&Frayed/TheWorst/NoExpectations stuff

www.losthighwayrecords.com
01-29-04 04:45 PM
scratched I've downloaded some of her stuff before. I like the music and her songs are quite good, but her voice is just annoying.

The female Keith? Patti Smith.
[Edited by scratched]
01-29-04 05:53 PM
Angiegirl His evil twin-sister.
01-29-04 11:19 PM
glencar Chrissie Hynde. Patti Smith wants to be the female Mick.
01-30-04 02:47 AM
FotiniD That has to be... ME LOL
01-30-04 05:26 AM
fmk438j Nico lol
01-30-04 12:15 PM
Saint Sway Chrissie Hynde is weak. Patti Smith is awful.

take my advice and give Lucinda Williams a spin and see for yourself if she's Keef's evil twin sister

www.losthighwayrecords.com
01-30-04 12:56 PM
Jaxx i am having a hard time thinking of a female rhythm guitar player that swaggers on stage. none come to mind......
01-30-04 01:04 PM
Jaxx wait, i got it! courtney love! LMAO
01-30-04 01:05 PM
Joey " wait, i got it! courtney love! LMAO "

01-30-04 01:10 PM
Jaxx joey! are your eyes painted on today? i have over 1000 posts and no hope of ever coming close to your "posterization" . there just aren't enough hours in the day for me!

hold on while i put my waders on........
01-30-04 01:33 PM
Factory Girl Patti Smith is the female Keef. Patti Smith is wonderful.

To say otherwise, indicates lack of knowledge of her music.
01-30-04 01:39 PM
Joey " joey! are your eyes painted on today? i have over 1000 posts and no hope of ever coming close to your "posterization" . there just aren't enough hours in the day for me! "

" hold on while i put my waders on........ "

Waders ?!?!

WADERS ?!?! Why ?

Jercee

[Edited by Joey]
01-30-04 03:50 PM
Jaxx
quote:
Joey wrote:
Waders ?!?!
WADERS ?!?! Why ?
Jercee

waders? why i'm drowning in the flood over here. waders are no longer enough. a life raft could help!
01-30-04 04:01 PM
Joey " waders? why i'm drowning in the flood over here. waders are no longer enough. a life raft could help! "

Joeykins !
01-30-04 06:29 PM
Fiji Joe "joey! are your eyes painted on today? i have over 1000 posts and no hope of ever coming close to your "posterization" . there just aren't enough hours in the day for me!"

Now Jaxx might be on to something...JB's prolonged absence...Joey's JB like rate of post poop...It all just seems a little to convenient...Joey, when did you become J.B.'s house-boy?
01-30-04 07:03 PM
kahoosier Thank you factory girl...listened last night to a boot of Patti recently in berlin, it was great. Been her fan since Horses. She took her fame from cult to stadiums(in europe at least) then backed away, and really unfortunately for the masses is a cult item again. They are missing so much. She has been such an influence on so many people since, and she was just down right great about her Stones worshipping when she was younger! If for nothing else, LOL, people on this board should respect her open admiration for the Stones
01-30-04 09:51 PM
LadyJane Patti Smith is one of the most underrated artists of all time.

Not sure if ANYONE can be the "female Keef" but she sure admired him.

LJ.
01-30-04 11:03 PM
scratched ...
[Edited by scratched]
01-30-04 11:03 PM
scratched The female Keith?

Why, its my Auntie Mabel!
01-31-04 12:18 AM
Taptrick Thanks for the Lucinda idea...I checked it out and I like it. Will definitely be buying some.

I'd also like to suggest Lou Ann Barton. I first heard her doing Aerosmith's "One Way Street" on the Sweet Emotion Songs of Aerosmith CD. I believe she is out of Austin. Check her out. Similar voice to Lucinda with a shit kicking tude.
01-31-04 05:02 PM
Factory Girl Patti Smith is great because she rocks out in a cerebral, yet primal way.
Patti Smith is great because she cares about the art of rock & roll.
01-31-04 05:20 PM
Snappy McJack Liza Minelli
Marylin Manson
Judy Garland
Steven Tyler

BEST VIEWED HIGH