ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
The surreality show

Roundhay Park, Leeds - 25th July 1982 - Last show of the tour
The next tour-show was more than 7 years later!!
© 1982, 2004 Billy Boll
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Johnny Depp nominated for Best Actor! Return to archive
01-27-04 11:34 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Here's hoping he takes Keith along!

-tSYX --- They were ahhhllll about you...
01-27-04 11:42 PM
glencar This causes a dilemma because I'd like to see Bill Murray win this year.
01-28-04 03:27 AM
marko Actually i didn´t like Pirates of the Caribbean at all.
Depp has done better ones.It was TOO predictable.Also too
much special effects.
01-28-04 05:52 AM
luxury1 Keith must be getting a good chuckle from this.
I bet he wouldnt mind seeing Depp take home this "gong" or whatever the hell he called Mick's knighthood.
01-28-04 07:29 AM
Factory Girl I love Johnny, but he's not going to win. Sean Penn will take it for having a nervous breakdown in Mystic River.

PS. I'd like to see Benicio Del Torro win for supporting actor/21 grams.
01-28-04 08:00 AM
glencar Yeah that was a good one(Del Toro) but that award will go to Alec Baldwin for the little-seen "The Cooler." And that sucks.
01-28-04 08:01 AM
Factory Girl glencar, check PM.
01-28-04 08:06 AM
glencar Checking...
01-28-04 08:49 AM
Factory Girl please check again..
01-28-04 09:29 AM
glencar Checked & answered!
01-28-04 10:27 AM
GimmeExile Sean Penn is clearly the Best Actor and should win, but the Academy won't give it to him because of his politics and attitude...He has burned too many bridges in Hollywood.
01-28-04 06:07 PM
Some Guy Oscar nod to Depp, that is cool. I really like him in Pirates. But he is the shit in blow. just realize I don't own that dvd, gotta fix that.
01-28-04 06:23 PM
glencar "Blow" is great. I bought it just for the opening tune.
01-28-04 06:29 PM
stonedinaustralia what I’d like to see:

johnny wins - then in his acceptance speech he thanks keith for the inspiration to the character, at the mention of which the audience rises as one in a standing “O” that lasts for minutes
01-28-04 06:35 PM
Some Guy That would be classic
01-28-04 06:37 PM
glencar Unfortunately, Sean Penn will win for a rather pedestrian performance in "Mystic River." It won't be worth watching.
01-28-04 06:41 PM
Some Guy And then they cut to Keef who is at home and he has a few words for the crowd.
01-28-04 07:10 PM
Angiegirl And the Dutch movie De Tweeling (Twin Sisters) is nominated by the Academy for best foreign film. I'm way more interested in seeing that one win than Depp . That's one of the greatest movies I've ever seen, and I usually don't particularly like Dutch movies. Go Dutch!!
01-28-04 08:51 PM
LadyJane
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
what I’d like to see:

johnny wins - then in his acceptance speech he thanks keith for the inspiration to the character, at the mention of which the audience rises as one in a standing “O” that lasts for minutes

Perfect scenario SIA!! I'd love to see that, as well.

LJ.

BTW...I believe I read on the Board that Keith is going to be appearing in the sequel. KR in a Disney film. Now THAT'S ironic!!
01-28-04 09:00 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

KR in a Disney film.

i know , it's quite bizarre isn't it - old Walt must be turning in his grave (lol)
01-28-04 11:04 PM
glencar LOL That is too funny about KR. Will it be a sequel to "Pirates"?
01-29-04 04:19 AM
FotiniD I've love to see Johnny getting the Oscar for Captain Jack -he played it great and who said that because a film is a commercial success it can't be a good one too?

I'd also love to hear his acceptance speech Watch out for the Keith references...

But I think it's kind of unfair that after so many great roles and performances he gets nominated now. I mean, what about his previous roles? Just because this one is more on the spotlight... I've been losing confidence to the importance of the Oscars really, one too many unjustices, add to that the fact that Peter Jackson will probably get the Oscar for LOTR in the third instalment of the film - as if the first one did not deserve it!

Funny stuff, really.
01-29-04 10:22 AM
glencar Oscar has always been a harsh mistress...
01-30-04 05:39 PM
Joey " Oscar has always been a harsh mistress... "

01-31-04 05:26 PM
Snappy McJack "Johnny Depp nominated for Best Actor!"

01-31-04 07:47 PM
JumpinJackFlash I thought Mick deserved best supporting actor for 'Man From Elasyian Field", that was a damn good movie.

BEST VIEWED HIGH