ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
The surreality show

Roundhay Park, Leeds - 25th July 1982 - Last show of the tour
The next tour-show was more than 7 years later!!
© 1982, 2004 Billy Boll
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Best Bar? Return to archive
01-27-04 07:43 AM
Zeeta What is your favourite place to get loaded - post links or whatever, here's mine:

It is immense;

WHY?

It's friggin' called Keith's for chrissakes!

Very good prices best atmosphere, no twats, good music, good beers, (Budvar, Stella etc) Food is special as well!

I must have drunk gallons in this place...
01-27-04 10:38 AM
BillyBoll Been pissed in that place a few times myself.

Good red wine too!
01-27-04 11:15 AM
Lazy Bones Big Turk... oh, that kind of bar...

McMullans

and across the street...

The Huether Hotel

...which houses and serves beer from their own, in-house brewery (The Lion Brewery)

01-27-04 11:46 AM
Zeeta
quote:
BillyBoll wrote:
Been pissed in that place a few times myself.

Good red wine too!

Ace it really is!

Lazy - those places look great, anywhere with an in house brewery gots to be good!
01-27-04 01:58 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
Lazy - those places look great, anywhere with an in house brewery gots to be good!

Oh, it is. In fact they only sell their own beers there. You can't purchase any domestic, premium or imported beers.
Unfortunately, I couldn't find an on-line photograph of the Heuther. It's mult-leveled, with an out-door patio at the top floor level.

Cheers.
01-27-04 02:14 PM
sandrew The brilliantly named Madam's Organ, in D.C.'s Adams Morgan neighborhood.

http://www.madamsorgan.com/
01-27-04 02:28 PM
Joey

Easy Call :

www.FacesandNames.com ( Just ask for Jude )

01-27-04 04:37 PM
glencar There used to be a bar in Cleveland that had sing-along on Sunday nights. There's not a whole lot to do on Sunday nights in most cities & even more so in Cleveland. Wish I could remember the name...
01-27-04 04:47 PM
Joey " There used to be a bar in Cleveland that had sing-along on Sunday nights. There's not a whole lot to do on Sunday nights in most cities & even more so in Cleveland. Wish I could remember the name... "

Danny's Hideaway ( circa 1979 )
01-27-04 04:48 PM
glencar Nopesky.
01-27-04 06:10 PM
shakedhandswithkeith www.muddy.de

it`s a cool pup for a beer or two
01-27-04 10:30 PM
fmk438j This is my local. Can't say I go there all that much, but it is pretty cool when I do.

Back in 1902 there was a big explosion in the nearby mine and they had to keep the corpses in the cool-room of the pub.

The bar I go to most is the one at uni, which although it is a good place to be, the building design itself is attrocious. It's one of those new stainless-steel and perspex jobs. It's sterile, ugly and lacks all atmosphere. You can't even sit at the bar if you want because it's more a counter top than a bar. That right there is a crime. Any designer suggesting such a thing should be slapped. And the irony is, as usual, thick in that the building just won an architectural design award.

Typical huh?

[Edited by fmk438j]
[Edited by fmk438j]
01-27-04 10:48 PM
BILL PERKS MCSORLEYS IN THE EAST VILLAGE,NYC
ROD N REEL-BRIGANTINE,NJ
01-27-04 11:28 PM
M.O.W.A.T. The Pig's Ear in Peterborough Ontario. 20 bucks would buy you a tray of draft beer (20 glasses). Place is a nice dive with wood pannelling like you would find in someone's basement. There used to be a jukebox in the corner that gave you two plays for a quarter -- the first song could be anything you wanted to hear but the second song had to be, traditionally, Johnny Cash's I Walk The Line. So over the course of an evening you would hear Johnny over and over. Once you got all liquored up, then it was time to head over to the more classy establishments. God I miss that place!!
01-28-04 05:15 AM
Honky Tonk Man HA HA Zeeta!

We can always reliy on you to start a threads like this!

I guess my favourite pub would be the Tap'n Tin. The drinks are overpriced, but the music is great and i was once sick all down my trousers in there. I also have to give, lol, an honourable mention to the Sturdee Club. It is where me a stewed & Keefed go from time to time. Old men and cheap beer.

Alex
01-28-04 05:51 AM
UGot2Rollme Copabanana
344 South Street
Philadelphia,Pa
----------------
best margaritas east of the Mississippi.
South Street is great place to have a good buzz going...
01-28-04 07:09 AM
Stonesdoug Stone's Place---Toronto
01-28-04 07:32 AM
Factory Girl The Original Hammerjacks in Baltimore, MD. That was a legendary biker bar. I saw Iggy there several times.
I saw Alice In Chains there once.

Hammerjacks was torn down to make parking for the Ravens stadium. What a shame. RIP Hammerjacks.
01-28-04 10:30 AM
Gimme Shelter The Pine Cove Tavern in Sacramento, Calif.

http://sac.napkinnights.com/pics/albums/120503pinecove/00001.jpg
01-29-04 04:10 PM
stewed & Keefed The Beacon Court Tavern. Just down the road from Honky Tonk Man and myself.
http://www.beaconcourttavern.com/
01-29-04 06:18 PM
egon

might not be the best bar ever, but it certainly beats anything else in marseille!

oh and best beer;

01-30-04 09:10 AM
Fiji Joe What's with all these quaint english type pubs?...Don't nobody have a Bennigan's in their neighborhood?
01-30-04 09:43 AM
Joey " Don't nobody have a Bennigan's in their neighborhood? "

Bennigans ?!?!

BENNIGANS ?!?!

01-30-04 12:47 PM
Sir Stonesalot Most of my old haunts are now torn down, burned down, closed down, or changed into something uncool.

The Chestnut St. Hotel, Bailor's, The Shuffle Inn(still have my "Shuffle Inn, stagger out" t-shirt from the pool team), Kirby's, The Outdoor, The Laurel, Ernies...all gone.

Brownie's became Goshorn's which in turn became The Innfield. Each time it got worse. I only go to the Innfield when a band containing a certain monkey is playing there.

The BenMar burned down and was rebuilt as the Bierhaus. And it pretty much sucks now. It can kick a little when Krypton City is there, but even then it can still suck, and it's impossible to win money on the pool table without having to fight.

Now I mostly go to J.P. Edwards because they have trivia and Guinness on tap. I'll also hit the Waterfront every now and then because one of my cop friends is part owner, and he usually buys when I show up.

I think Joey was right though...Faces & Names is just fantastic. If I lived in NYC, I'd be there every night.

Jude had her baby. You can see the baby's pic in Maxy's avatar.
01-30-04 12:59 PM
Joey " I think Joey was right though...Faces & Names is just fantastic. If I lived in NYC, I'd be there every night. "

" Jude had her baby. You can see the baby's pic in Maxy's avatar. "

Manhattan is littered with waitresses and Bartenders who have had Maxy's Baby !

That is why he don't party there no more ..............................and you ?!?!?!

Jacky !

01-30-04 06:23 PM
Fiji Joe That's it...I'm kicking that emoticon's ass!
01-30-04 06:37 PM
Maxlugar There is no place like The Subterranean Tavern at Casa De Maxy.

Me and Jude's baby are hanging there right now.

MACKY!!

I said

MACKY!!!!!!

[Edited by Maxlugar]
01-30-04 08:15 PM
luxury1 The Stone Pony back in the '70's--Asbury Park, NJ.
01-31-04 04:00 PM
Some Guy Hooters at Akers Mill- North of Atlanta
01-31-04 04:49 PM
LadyJane CBGB's, NYC....the dirtiest bar I have ever been in...but a classic. Celebrated my 21st Birthday there.

StonesPlace, Toronto....A shrine to the Stones...I could easily spend a week there.

McVan's, Buffalo.......Torn down long ago...this bar on the Niagara river had secret tunnels used during Prohibition. I am happy and proud to say that my Mother's family ran the boats!!! McVan's was once a supper club that hosted Sinatra. In the sixties, Hendrix made an appearance. And in it's final days in the '70's, it was a haven for the Buffalo Punk scene. GREAT MEMORIES!!

LJ.

BEST VIEWED HIGH