ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rune Hellestad
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Header Pic of Mick Taylor Return to archive
01-17-02 10:44 AM
sandrew And some of you want the Stones to take THAT on the road this year?!
01-17-02 12:04 PM
Joey Now don't you blaspheme around here .

Don't you blaspheme !!!!!!!!!

" Lose a soft shoe up me arse Ronnie "

Joey , C10

01-17-02 01:29 PM
sandrew I hate to knock the guy - I love his playing - but, come on! Can you imagine the press he'd get? Bloated, sweaty guy with gin blossomed face who drinks himself blind before showtime - I'm sorry, but he'd be an embarrasment; the last thing they need.
[Edited by sandrew]
01-17-02 01:44 PM
Maxlugar That is what God would look and sound like if he could play guitar like Mick Taylor!

But he can't!

No one can!

Holy sweet friggin' fuck is Mick Taylor great!

I saw him in '86. I was about 15 feet away and got covered in flop sweat.

And ya know what? It tasted the way you would imagine God's flop sweat would taste if he could sweat like Mick Taylor.

But he can't....

Thanks,

Maxy!
01-17-02 01:59 PM
sway I agree that MT could stand to lose a few but in my opinion he looks a hell of a lot better and plays a lot better than Keith does these days. And I'm sure he doesn't throw down half as many as Woody does on a single night.

You're just used to seeing the Stones but anyone'll tell ya that they all look like shit these days...not that I'm complaining!
01-17-02 03:07 PM
sandrew You're right on all counts. Taylor's always played better - in terms of technical proficiency - than Keith. But there's something charming about Keith's ravaged looks. So to speak, he wears it well, in a way that Taylor does not. As for Ronnie, well, I'm on record here complaining about his playing.
01-17-02 03:50 PM
Miss U. What the hell is so "charming" about Keith's looks??

If anyone's been thru rough times & should show it, it's Mick Taylor, NOT Keith.
01-17-02 05:12 PM
Mathijs Worse thing is that the drugs and alcohol use of the last years is really affecting the guy..I spoke with him two months ago, and he really seemed to be afraid of the 4 or 5 people around him, he was completely nervous and had this frightened look in his eyes. I started talking about amps with him, and that seemed to ease him a bit, but he left after 10 minutes when some more 2 or 3 people came around. I don't see this guy standing in front of 40.000 people...And on guitar: Mick Tay...hey, where's he hiding now?

There's some pictures of him and my group of friends meeting him on my web site:

http://stonesinreview.tiscaliweb.nl/

Mathijs

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.