ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Rune Hellestad
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dorling Kindersley Acquire Rights To History Of The Rolling Stones by Bill Wyman Return to archive
01-16-02 12:20 PM
moy Embargoed until 16th January 2002

DORLING KINDERSLEY ACQUIRE RIGHTS TO HISTORY OF THE ROLLING STONES BY BILL WYMAN

Following on from the success of Blues Odyssey published in Autumn 2001, Dorling Kindersley have acquired the world rights
(including newspaper and magazine serialisation) to Bill Wyman�s story of the Rolling Stones.

The Rolling Stones by Bill Wyman will be the definitive history of the band, by the only man who remembers it all. From their
childhood, through the group�s formation, four decades of stardom and on into the 21st century, it will be the one book to tell the real
story, and the whole story.

Christopher Davis, DK Publisher, said of this latest acquisition: "DK editors and designers have been given exclusive access to Bill
Wyman�s vast personal archive � started at the band�s outset. The book will contain many previously unpublished photographs,
letters, and memorabilia making it totally unique � the only book about the Stones to be written by a Stone".

Combining DK�s innovative visual approach with the candour, humour, and insight of Bill Wyman�s revealing narrative the book sets a
new benchmark in rock biography. DK will publish the book with a simultaneous worldwide release in Autumn 2002 and Bill
Wyman�s full promotional support.

Bill Wyman says, "I am tremendously proud of being a founder member of the Rolling Stones. I have always kept a diary and
collected things along the way as a reminder of an influential, exciting and brilliant time. This book will tell the story of the band, our
music and the era that we helped to define."

Praise for Bill Wyman�s Blues Odyssey:
"A fascinating, lavishly illustrated history of blues music�" Sunday Telegraph

"His passion for the music shouts from every page�. Bill Wyman�s Blues Odyssey is quite simply the best single comprehensive
volume on the subject" Uncut magazine

For further information please contact:
Fiona Allen, Director of Publicity 0207 010 4336

UK Serialisation enquiries to:
Vivienne Watton, Licensing Rights Manager 0207 010 3595
01-16-02 02:03 PM
Gazza >making it totally unique � the only book about the Stones to be written by a Stone

Conveniently omitting to mention that he already published one in 1990 ("Stone Alone")......you could add Ronnie's "The Works" too I guess as part of it covers his (shorter) period as a Stone!

Sounds a prospectively good read,though!

So I presume this means that its an entirely new project of Bill's, as opposed to picking up "Stone Alone" from where it left off in 1969?..and presumably ending in 1992 when he left?
01-16-02 02:11 PM
quackenbush Won't this story mimic at least part of Stone Alone, since
the story is told by the same person?
01-16-02 02:17 PM
Joey Wyman's Stone Alone I is a masterpiece that is required reading in every English Literature class . President Bush recites passages from it in his " Radio Address " every Saturday morning and it is the only tangible object recovered from the wreckage of the Terrorists Attacks ....that baby don't burn !!!!!!!

I see no reason why Wyman 's next tome can't surpass the original .
01-16-02 05:27 PM
Gazza >From their childhood, through the group�s formation, four decades of stardom and on into the 21st century, it will be the one book to tell the real story, and the whole story.

hate to sound pedantic and i'm sure the publishers are pretty excited by the prospect,but has anyone pointed out to them that Bill's inside take on the "whole story" of the Stones might come up er....a decade short? Cant see how they can expect him to tell much about the band's story "into the 21st century" when hes been somewhat absent since the early 90's and hasnt played live with them since 1990! Hope its not gonna be along the same lines as most Stones bios in the past

ie:
60's - 75%.
70's - 20%.
80's - 4% (in short - Mick & Keith fought a lot. The albums werent up to much. Bill shagged a schoolgirl)
90's - 1% (brief synopsis - they got older,much richer and Mick shags anything with a pulse)

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.