ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Commemorating another year of the "superblow" threads!
© Unknown author with special thanks to Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ronnie from Orleans to London Return to archive
2nd February 2007 07:56 AM
Hannalee You may remember that Ronnie was a guest last year on Jimmy McIntosh's album From Orleans to London. This is a link to an account of the day he and Jeff Beck joined forces with Jimmy:
http://www.jeffbeck.ch/jb14.html#9. It's the last piece on the page.

There's even Bill and Charlie content :hat.
2nd February 2007 11:39 AM
gotdablouse Excellent, Jeff Beck always has a nice thing to say about the Stones, even better if it's translated from Japanese :

"-i- Do you regret about not joining The Rolling Stones in 1975 ?
-j- I could have been rich, but I could have not be happy. In those times, The Stones had been staying in Rotterdam, Holland, in relations to tax. One day, they called me and told, "Would you like to play your guitar on one or more songs ?". So I went there, but none of The Stones were there (laugh). After three days were gone and I was at the bar in the hotel, and I found pianist Ian Stewart. I told him "It's about time I gotta go back to England". In the rehearsals room, there were hundreds of guitars with each players' name on. I had no intention to try the audition. But Ian said to me that they decided me as a new guitarist for The Stones and therefore the auditions were cancelled. I had already decided to record "Blow By Blow" with George Martin then, and already had reserved the studios. To tell the truth, I had thought of joining the stones, but I had not been much fascinated with their music, so I finally declined their offer. I had never met any member of The Stones and left Rotterdam (* But in fact, the tape of the jam of The Rolling Stones and Jeff Beck exists). I told Stu "Ronnie Wood might be the right guy", but I don't know that's why Ronnie joined The Stones at last."
2nd February 2007 12:01 PM
erikjjf Good album.
They play a mean version of "Slave".
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)